“Not won-over by Benson's”

Benson's By The Beach
Ranked #8 of 42 Restaurants in Long Beach
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I had high hopes for Benson's after reading the reviews on TripAdvisor. The restaurant itself is pretty run down and dated on the inside, although I liked all the maritime photographs and wall art. We ate there twice - one for lunch, where we tried Razor clams and local fried oysters - hot and tasty but pretty greasy - we couldn't eat more than 1-2 each. We also split a veggie sandwich - although the veggies were really fresh and great, the bread was a bit mushy and boring. We tried Benson's again for breakfast since I read that their pancakes were "to die for" - but I was underwhelmed once again. The coffee was plentiful but not the best.

2  Thank 4hersheybear
There are newer reviews for Benson's By The Beach

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Awesome breakfast this morning. We had a Omlette and Bacon and eggs good bacon yummy. The owner served us and visited a little sweet gal!!Also the french toast was the AWESOME, she also gave us tips on other places wich was nice!!! :)

1  Thank 10Barbran
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Benson's has just about the best sit-down breakfasts in Long Beach, WA. Food is very good, service too. Plan on waiting for a table in the busiest weekends of the summer, but it's worth it. Little brain-teaser puzzles are on each table to stump you while you wait on those busy days. Convenient street parking always available.

1  Thank BothellPhotoGal
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We enjoyed our breakfast here. Food was fine, atmosphere fine, service okay. Nothing exceptional, nothing bad. Worth considering as an option when you're in town.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

We had breakfast there twice, and both times the service was pleasant and the food fresh and good. I was impressed with the way they made a three cheese omelet for my husband that was not greasy at all. My hash-browns as well were not greasy in the least, and the veggie scramble was light and fresh and quite good.