Good things: The hotel is right on the beach and they provide free bikes if you want to ride along the path that runs in the dunes by the beach.
The coffee and tea in the lobby are excellent.
Free game and DVD rentals.
They recycle everything!
The Pickled Fish restaurant was excellent. One of the items we had was the locally foraged mushroom pizza. It was amazing! The lavender lemonade was also very tasty. Make reservations though! The place was packed (Fri night).
The beds were comfortable (but not memory foam in our room, as some other reviews have mentioned) and they gave us earplugs (which came in handy).
The toiletries (although not individual) smelled so yummy!
Could be improved:
No instructions on how to use the TV/DVD player or the three different remote controls.
The "minimalist chic" was a bit too minimalist. The rooms looked like they could be updated a bit (especially the bathroom). The bed 'frame' was basically a wood pallet on the floor. The one chair in the room was a metal patio chair. The sick wasn't even in the bathroom, it was in the room by the door.
No fridge in the room. From the other reviews, it appears that some of the rooms have a fridge, but ours didn't. If that's something you need, be sure to request a room with one.
Overall it was a nice stay in a perfect location. The hotels has no 'bells and whistles', but it served it purpose and was a lot more fun to stay in than a chain hotel. Coming back would be an option if the price was right.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience our modern, ocean front hotel in the heart of the peninsula. We offer a variety of guest rooms, from no-frills studios to ocean front suites; all with updated amenities, a unique style and a focus on sustainability. Adrift is a beachfront experience...Some of our many on-site amenities include a small urban spa, complimentary bikes, game tables, and ocean view dining at [Pickled Fish] restaurant, and FREE daily live music from some of the northwest's most notable musicians, starting at 8pm - Close. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Adrift Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Adrift Hotel Long Beach
- Edgewater Hotel Long Beach
- Edgewater Motel Long Beach