This property is wonderfully situated just behind the dunes of Long Beach. We were there on a Monday night in mid-June using a Living Social deal. At that time, the hotel was busy but not packed and the area had not quite revved up for the summer season, so the beach and town were not crowded and everything seemed rather quiet and low key - which we enjoyed. Check-in was welcoming and efficient. (All of the staff were very friendly and accommodating throughout our short stay.) Our room was on the south side of the fourth floor of the main building, providing a nice view of the beach. The hotel's bar/gastropub is on the same floor. I was somewhat concerned about potential bar noise given what I had read in various reviews, but thankfully it turned out not to be a problem on a Monday night in the shoulder season. (Food in the bar was good, albeit with small portions; the views were great; relatively high food prices were somewhat offset by reasonable drink prices). The hotel's spacious lobby provided early morning risers a place to gather, read the paper and have a good cup of complimentary coffee. We also took advantage of the in-room coffee maker that was offered when we checked in. The complimentary bicycles offered to guests were a very nice touch My biggest complaint is that the rooms, while spacious, were somewhat shabby - industrial chic on too tight of a budget? - with incomplete paint job, poor lighting for reading, no closet, no mat for getting sand off of feet, etc. Vanity was in the entryway very close to the room's door, making entry and exit somewhat awkward. King bed was okay, but not great. There was a nice daybed by the window. Housekeeping was okay, but the room was not spotless.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience our modern, ocean front hotel in the heart of the peninsula. We offer a variety of guest rooms, from no-frills studios to ocean front suites; all with updated amenities, a unique style and a focus on sustainability. Adrift is a beachfront experience...Some of our many on-site amenities include a small urban spa, complimentary bikes, game tables, and ocean view dining at [Pickled Fish] restaurant, and FREE daily live music from some of the northwest's most notable musicians, starting at 8pm - Close. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Adrift Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Adrift Hotel Long Beach
- Edgewater Hotel Long Beach
- Edgewater Motel Long Beach