My girlfriend and I were a little concerned about trying this place given the mixed reviews on Tripadvisor, but we decided to give it a whirl and were pleased we did. This place is easy going and laid back, it is minimalist, and its clear the renos done to update were DIY jobs, but we enjoyed the character and creativeness that went into creating a unique experiene, we chose this place for these reasons, not to stay in a generic ho-hum hotel. The hotel is a couple hundred meters to the expansive pacific ocean, with miles and miles of beach, it should be noted that trucks and campfires are allowed on certain areas of the beach, something we wish we had known so we could have brought the 4x4 and camping chairs. There are free rentals of DVDs, board games and bicycles and the lobby has a great selection of snacks, treats, craft beers, wines and ciders. The town centre is only a few blocks away, and a short ride on one of the free bikes will get you there in a snap. We paid an extra fee to upgrade to a king room on the 4th floor with an Ocean view and it was magnificent. The restaurant was expensive and had small portions, but the quality was fantastic, and the mixed drinks were something we usually expect to find in high end clubs in places like Seattle or Vancouver, the wine was well priced and had generous pours. We would most certainly stay here again given the opportunity, the staff was friendly and helpful. Know what you want, do some research and I dont think you will be let down if you choose Adrift.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience our modern, ocean front hotel in the heart of the peninsula. We offer a variety of guest rooms, from no-frills studios to ocean front suites; all with updated amenities, a unique style and a focus on sustainability. Adrift is a beachfront experience...Some of our many on-site amenities include a small urban spa, complimentary bikes, game tables, and ocean view dining at [Pickled Fish] restaurant, and FREE daily live music from some of the northwest's most notable musicians, starting at 8pm - Close. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Adrift Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Adrift Hotel Long Beach
- Edgewater Hotel Long Beach
- Edgewater Motel Long Beach