$109
RodewayInn
Best Western Long Beach Inn(Long Beach)(Great Value!)
$285
$238
The #1 Coastal Inn and Suites(Long Beach)(Great Value!)
$119
$210
$179
Travelocity
Chautauqua Lodge(Long Beach)
$109
Hotels.com
$308
Breakers Hotel and Condo Suites(Long Beach)(Great Value!)
$179
$149
Priceline
TripAdvisor
2,024 results
All reviewspickled fishlive musicwest buildingshuffle boardfree bikesorganic coffeebonfire packagefourth floorgreat restaurantmain buildingfree coffeeping pongocean viewdiscovery trailcruiser bikeslove this placeget away
Reviewed September 3, 2012

The Adrift Hotel is in Long Beach, WA which is a close drive to the Saturday Market in Ilwaco as well as to the family fun attractions of Long Beach. The beach is within very close walking distance. Our very affordable room had a beautiful ocean view. What a great night to fall asleep hearing the ocean! Before speaking more about the Adrift Hotel and Spa, first some about the fun things to do...At the Ilwaco Farmer's Market, don't miss the booth that makes 10 different types of fresh cooked oysters! Plenty of "samplers" as you walk through the market of items such as jams and dates and fresh salsa. The vendors are masters at their crafts and not pushy at all! The crab nachos at Ole Bob's Restaurant in Ilwaco are well worth the lines at this popular eating place. Within Long Beach, there is reasonably priced moped rides which the teens in the group had a blast at! Also a treat is Skipper's Equestrian which offers 1-hr and 2-hr on the beach horseback rides! They do a great job of matching up horse with rider skill set so that all felt comfortable and had fun. Now to share about the Adrift Hotel and its staff...The Hotel rooms are very basic; if you are not expecting this, it can be a shock but they are actually the perfect match to the beauty of the ocean! The hotel is so close to the beach that we made bonfires both nights! The lobby is well stocked if you need some treats with variety of drinks, cheeses, and snacks. The coffee blend made specially for the hotel is FABULOUS! It is fortunate they sell some so you can bring some home to remember the 'vacation attitude' a little longer. The front desk staff of the Adrift were the kindest and most low key I have ever met. They were informative, helpful, and friendly! Thank you for a wonderful vacation - as you tell, we had a great time!

Room Tip: Ask for one with a ocean view : )
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank L L
Reviewed August 31, 2012

The Hotel was clean and sparse. It was inexpensive, and very unique. The furniture and bath products were quirky and okay. There were not amenities to speak of. We had to borrow a fan to cool us from the front desk. Also had to borrow a hair dryer. The coffee was good, but you had to go downstairs to get it. The mattress was new from IKEA and nearly impossible to sleep on......it produced holes that you have to burrow into while you slept. It is a nice place to stay as an adventure and something 'different'. Wouldn't do it again, though, and one night was plenty.
The restaurant up stairs was run badly, very hot, the windows were dirty and there was no service to speak of. We had eaten at that location a few years ago and it was excellant. Not anymore.

Room Tip: Somewhere else.......
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank karene16
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We enjoyed the unique concept of this hotel...the way the furnishings were kept to a minimum, its focus on sustainability and the reasonable price. The bedding, towels and toiletries were excellent, although the mattress felt like a futon and was rather uncomfortable. The table and chairs were a good idea, but the chairs were uncomfortable. The wall graphic was a nice touch.

The lighting was a little too minimal...I had to get out of bed to turn off the nearest light (with a switch on the wall). I liked the rough recycled shelving and hooks by the door, as well as the galvanized ice bucket. Water pressure in the shower was poor, so it took a long time to rinse off the nice toiletries they supplied.

Our first floor room had a view of the parking lot, with the ocean beyond. We felt quite exposed to passersby with the curtain open, and too shut off when it was closed. The WIFI wasn't quite ready in our building (but I think this is scheduled to be fixed shortly). We liked being able to recycle, but wonder why they didn't accept paper and cardboard.

We loved the free bikes they offered, and had a nice ride on the beach (after a rather long walk across the sand at low tide). The coffee and tea available in the lobby were excellent and it was a nice gesture to offer free movies to borrow, but the selection was pretty bad. We enjoyed being able to have dinner in the excellent hotel restaurant.

Room Tip: Avoid first floor rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank shessopicky
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Loved this place! Great design. It was sort of an "industrial" look but in the best possible way. Maybe "minimalist" or "clean" might be a better description but I absolutely adored it. I have attached some pictures but they really do not do it justice.

The restaurant upstairs was wonderful and the view from there was amazing. The hotel is just a short little walk to a lovely, very wide beach.

We really enjoyed our visit, even more than we expected. I hated that our stay was so short. I hope to go back and spend more time. And the rate was fabulous!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2012

This was a last-minute trip; it was on the eve of a big heat wave in Portland, and I'd just gotten into a bad fight with my boyfriend, so I really needed to get out of town for a bit. I found this place on Expedia around 8 pm, and was surprised a hotel this nice could be this cheap. I tossed my cat and laptop into the car, and off we went.

I was expecting to be let down, that the pictures on Expedia were too good to be true; but I could not have been more pleased. I have a (mostly irrational) fear of upholstery and carpet in hotel rooms: I can't stop myself wondering what nastiness they've soaked up over time that I can't see. So the spareness and hard surfaces at the Adrift made me feel much more comfortable than I would in an ordinary hotel. The only fabrics in the whole room were the clean white sheets on the bed and the bathroom towels. Just perfect. And the wood floors, crate tables, and very faint scent of orange oil made the room feel more like a beach house than a hotel.

Sitting on my bed with my laptop and my cat and the sea breeze coming through the window, I was able to really focus and get a ton of work done. The wifi in my room was really fast, which also helped. I only left my room to walk on the beach and get food at the restaurant.

And the restaurant is definitely the crown jewel on this place. It's on the top floor with big panel windows, so you get an amazing view of the beach and the coast range, even on overcast days. The music they play is jazz and pop standards from the 40s, which lends it a nice ambiance for a melancholy lone diner like me. I would sit up there for two-hour stretches in the afternoon and evening, just reading, sucking back (very reasonably priced) whiskey gingers, staring at the horizon on the ocean, ignoring my boyfriend's calls, and slowly working my way through a super-tasty fried halibut sandwich.

It's weird that they put this hotel in Long Beach. It's not really a family hotel, but Long Beach is definitely a family-oriented vacation spot (fudge, souvenir shops, arcades, go karts, etc). I would have expected to find it somewhere like Gearhart or Pacific City -- somewhere quieter and out of the way. And it feels so self-contained, you don't really need very much of a town around it. I didn't venture into town once during my three-day stay.

Other than that, my only criticisms are the poor sound-proofing (a complimentary pack of ear-plugs on the bedside crate would be a nice way to compensate for this), and the lack of A/C or a fan. It doesn't get that warm on the coast, of course, but even when it was 55 degrees outside, my room was pretty toasty. Even a small electric fan would have been just fine. But these are pretty minor issues.

There's no doubt I'll be staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo