“Enjoyed our Stay at the Adrift”

Adrift Hotel and Spa
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Long Beach
Reviewed June 18, 2012

This place is truely a LOVE IT or HATE IT type of place. As for us, we loved it!!!
We spend one night for 75, yes 75 dollars, and had a nice room with waterviews in the East building. Being European I liked the simple, hip, retro, neo-urban type look. Our room was clean, comfortable and certainly for the price a great value. You can walk right on the beach They offer free bikes, free coffee and friendly staff. This place is perfect for young people, ( even though I am 50 and still hip..lol.. ) "greeners" and folks that aren't greedy complainers...I read one review where someone complained they didn't have little soaps and shampoos they could take back home.....COME ON...???!!! If this is why you go to a beach front hotel don't bother...I brought my own shampoo and conditioner from home and my daughter used their's. I spend this last weekend in a 5 star hotel in Seattle for 300 dollars a night and it was a wonderful stay. The weekend before we went to the Adrift and spend 75 dollars and we had a great stay as well. You must set your expectations right and you won't be dissappointed. This hotel is great for the value, so please if you are a greedy old fart complainer DON'T GO!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank BonJosie1
tturner63, Owner at Adrift Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2012

Thank you so much for staying with us and for "getting" what Adrift is all about! We hope that you enjoyed your travels and will stay with us again in the future!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,897)

Reviewed June 18, 2012

Eco-friendly minimalist lodging, but very comfortable. We had a Living Social package which included two nights, delicious breakfast baskets delivered to our door, craft beers, gourmet chocolates and a $15 gift certificate towards a specialty pizza in their 4th floor ocean-view restaurant. Had a wonderful view of the ocean from our room in the cheaper east wing. Very nice toiletries, flat screen TV, bikes in the lobby to borrow for rides on the beach trail, gourmet coffee and teas in the lobby, and very friendly helpful desk staff. Long Beach has lots of fun things to do, including visiting lighthouses and the excellent Lewis and Clark museum. It's just across the bridge if you want to visit Astoria, OR also. The hotel is pet-friendly and has in-room wi-fi. Spa service is available as well.

Room Tip: Top floors have no noise from guests above. Earplugs are provided if needed. All rooms have ocean...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LNaydene
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Don't bother. Reservation was bungled, and the owner of a supposedly family-friendly hotel chose not to make the situation right by letting us stay at the one room left at the Inn--because we have children. Unbelievable.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Virginia G
Reviewed June 15, 2012

This is one of the most relaxing and romantic place we've stayed at. Surely it's not perfect but with the price we've paid for and the amenities (coffee, tea, DVDs, bike rental, wifi, etc.)they provided, we would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone. Our room was clean and it had a lovely ocean view. The hotel is within walking distance to all the local shops and diners. Feel free to check out my blog for pictures, videos and reviews for Adrift Hotel and its surrounding environment and local diners: http://atuxedocat.wordpress.com/2012/06/06/trip-to-longbeach-washington/

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank a_tuxedo_cat
Reviewed June 15, 2012

If your contemplating a stay at the Adrift you may want to adrift down the road if you are looking for your typical comfy room. This place is very bare bones....kind of like camping indoors. The staff however are friendly and very accommodating. They provide you with a pair of earplugs hint...hint....hang on to them....you"ll be needing them! The hotel does provide you with a wide array of organic food items as well as hygiene items in the room.

The living social deal I got was a good deal but I would not pay regular price for this place. All said,it is nice and close to the ocean with many conveniences, bicycles, and close by there is horseback riding, moped rental, go carts, and putt-putt golf. If you like scenic walks on the beach or the boardwalk the Adrift is your place.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Lynette H
Reviewed June 14, 2012

The desk was friendly at check in and handed us four micro brews as part of the deal. Seemed nice except the beers were warm and there are no fridges in the room, huh? The room was nice size, nice view, great location. That is all that I can say good about it. One metal chair was the only place to sit except on one of the beds. Only one luggge holder so we used one bed for a suitcase since there is no table, dresser or anything else to put it on. There is one night stand between the 2 beds so one of us had to put things on the floor. Couldn't read in bed since there is only the one wall light between the 2 beds. Laminate floors make yoga or sit ups impossible. But the worse thing about the floors is the NOISE! We could hear every footstep above us and felt bad for those below us who were listening to our dog's nails on the floor! Eco friendly recycling bins with no place to recycle paper! The wi-fi never worked in the room not matter how many times we told the desk and they reset it. Great location I hope they can get it together but won't return until I hear things have changed and its quiet!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tjb5
Reviewed June 13, 2012

So I knew what to expect based on photos and other reviews...but there was this part of me that hoped for more. I like to think I am a laid back and open minded traveler. We prefer small boutique hotels without the fuss. We don't even have issue with lack of electricity, running water or a bathroom in the room (past hotels we stayed at that I have given high reviews for).

The Good:
Location - easy beach access, discovery trail, and cape disappointment park.
Onsite dining - separate review (4 stars).
Amenities - Free use of bikes, good coffee, games, and nice selection of snacks and wine.
Overall concept and view (color's and design good - execution BAD, the lobby and restaurant have a more finished professional feel.)

The Bad:
Loud - This is the loudest hotel I have ever stayed at and I travel a lot! Even compared to traveling in budget hotels in Europe with paper thin walls. We were on the 3rd Floor Ocean Front King which is directly under the restaurant - and that was not the loud part. We could hear everything our neighbors said. We whispered while we were in our room.

So called memory foam mattress - I am sure it had memory foam in it, but it was not what I expected based on what I have slept on and my own bed. We had a king bed and there was a large bump in the middle so my husband and I had to sleep far apart on opposite sides in these little pockets/divots. Not so romantic...

Execution of the rooms - We totally love the DIY/Recycled idea but unfortunately the craftsmanship was lacking. We don't have kids, but we both said we would be scared to bring young kids here. The crates were not sanded, so risk of splinters (got a few myself). The metal around the console table for the TV was lifted up so the rough metal edge is exposed (risk of cuts). The top of a button fell off a chair exposing a sharp staple that ripped by shirt and scraped my back. The bathroom did not seem finished, the flooring had large gaps exposing the sub-floor (hope it is concrete as there was no calk around the tub).

The Meh...
The staff - not bad, nor good. I think they seemed overwhelmed with all the traffic from the various deals they have been sending out. I am sure they also get a lot of complaints. We tend to keep to ourselves and unless something is horribly wrong we don't burden hotel staff since there is little they can do, they don't own the place.

The Breakfast - I would not spend $18 for what you get. I would just bring my own stuff.

Value - We, as many people probably came here as part of a living social deal. The price paid for 2 nights, pizza, beer, chocolate, and breakfast was a good deal, but I would not pay full price to stay here.

Room Tip: 4th Floor Ocean View - Most likely they are the quietest
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
25 mi away
Best Western Plus Ocean View Resort
Best Western Long Beach Inn
Breakers Hotel and Condo Suites

Been to Adrift Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!