We purchased the Groupon, and returned home from this hotel at 2 am this morning. I love the Eco friendliness, and I get the eclectic feel they were going for in the "remodel", however they missed the mark on a few major things. For one, the beds were horrible and mismatched old mattresses. My husband woke up with horrible back pain, and we ended up sleeping in seperate beds because they were short and uncomfortable. We got a room with two queens because we were oringinally going to bring our two year old, and SO glad we did not. While it is kids friendly, the insulation is so horrible that we were woken up at 6am by the people above us stomping around. Sure they offer fans and earplugs, but that is not something you should need when staying at a quality hotel. We were right next to the ice machine, which was loud and annoying. Our package included the breakfast picnic, and when I ordered it I had to call and remind them that I had ordered it. Not worth the $18. Our final straw came when the people above us came stomping in at 11pm just as we were going to bed, and I called the front desk thinking maybe we could switch rooms, but she was leaving and in a hurry and said "I'll let the night manager know." So at 11:45pm we just decided to make the treck home and get a good nights sleep in our own bed. I have NEVER checked out early from a hotel. We will not be returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience our modern, ocean front hotel in the heart of the peninsula. We offer a variety of guest rooms, from no-frills studios to ocean front suites; all with updated amenities, a unique style and a focus on sustainability. Adrift is a beachfront experience...Some of our many on-site amenities include a small urban spa, complimentary bikes, game tables, and ocean view dining at [Pickled Fish] restaurant, and FREE daily live music from some of the northwest's most notable musicians, starting at 8pm - Close. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Adrift Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Adrift Hotel Long Beach
- Edgewater Hotel Long Beach
- Edgewater Motel Long Beach