“I could smell the hippie before we walked in the door...” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Adrift Hotel and Spa

Adrift Hotel and Spa
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Long Beach
Olympia, Washington
“I could smell the hippie before we walked in the door...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2012

Im gonna start with saying the hotel staff was amazing, very friendly and helpful. The location is excellent and the rooms were very clean. The shampoo, conditioner and lotions provided were nice, and the citrus water provided in the lobby was delicious! That being said, the rooms were very sparse and cold. Not exactly inviting, and there was a lack of comfortable seating, just a couple small hard cold uncomfortable metal chairs.The floors were cold and there wasn't even a area rug. The people up stairs were so loud, constantly stomping and dragging the chairs around the floor. We could not sleep, and were pretty miserable. Unless we got a similar deal from Groupon we would not stay here again or recommend it to any one!!!

2 Thank Stephanie_Smith_12

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
Hillsboro, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at this hotel, hoping to have a relaxing getaway for our anniversary. Unfortunately our room was very noisy. Looking at other reviews on this site, this issue seems to be a common one. We heard a constant thumping noise until about midnight and again the next morning starting at 6:30am. We complained to the management, but the noise was never successfully quieted. We even had them bring us a fan, but could still hear the noise. Our room was under the restaurant so this may have been a factor. Upon checking out, we mentioned the noise, but staff did not seem to really care. This is a nice hotel otherwise, with unique decor, but unfortunately this noise issue ruined the experience for my wife and I and we will not be returning to this hotel.

4 Thank ghedges
Auburn, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2012

My sister and I purchased a Living Social deal for a two-night stay at the Adrift Hotel, and we were bitterly disappointed with the hotel--so much so that we checked out after the first night and went home.

The website depicts a property that is vastly different from what they actually offer. This is what they claim to offer: http://www.adrifthotel.com/photogallery.html but our room looked more like a glorified dormitory with a tree painted on the wall. At least in the dorms, you can't hear your neighbors word for word like we could in our room. The walls are paper thin, and my sister and I were up half the night lying on our rock hard beds, listening to the romantic undertakings of our young neighbors next door. The room also had a mildew smell and felt cold/damp the whole time we were there.

The new paint job and expressive, modern decor is quite fun and quirky but unfortunately paint and recycled furniture do not constitute a remodel, which is what the website claims they have undertaken at this property. Though we were happy to see the TV, DVD player and iPod dock, we were also disappointed in the lack of more common amenities offered in the room--no hair dryer, coffeepot, dresser or even a hook near the sink for our hand towel. And while I understand the environmentally friendly concept of the big bottles of shampoo/conditioner/body wash/lotion that are shared by all, it's a little uncomfortable to know that other guests had used them previously. Plus, one of the most fun parts about staying in a hotel is taking home the little soaps and shampoos. These are relatively small things that we probably would have just gotten over if not for our total lack of sleep, which is what led us to pull the plug on our weekend.

We did enjoy the free coffee in the lobby. And the staff was courteous and friendly. But they weren't interested in figuring out why we were leaving, which tells me our business wasn't very important to them. In fact, I emailed them with my concerns later, since they didn't care to ask about why we left early, and nobody has replied. Very poor customer service. Even though this hotel is right on the beach, which is pretty cool, I do not plan on ever returning.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Stephanie K
Lake Stevens, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012

Nice, clean and right on the boardwalk and beach.We had a free piza at the restaurant, not worth eating there. High dollar and small amounts. It had just opened so I hope it gets better. Nice views from window seats and nice sized bar. Almost every room has a sunset view. Need to ask for coffee maker and coffee refills in morn. Very friendly service and clean. Stay away from rooms by the stairs, we could tell they would be noisy, but they have the best views.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank superablefour
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012

We bought a coupon for this hotel, so the deal was an extra bonus! We had a welcome package (included) with a bottle of wine and delicious truffles. One breakfast was included with fresh fruit, yogurt, scones and juice.

They have bikes available to use, and a fabulous paved trail which runs about 7 miles through the dunes along the beach. You can ride to the next town for lunch or take a picnic. There is a lovely lit boardwalk about a mile long, perfect for an evening stroll.

We bought a campfire kit for $60, it came in a wagon with 2 beach chairs, 2 blankets, wood-kindling-paper-lighter, a bottle of wine with sealer jar glasses, and a s'mores kit. Such a highlight!

There are stables beside the hotel where we bought a 1 hour trail ride on the beach ($25 each) and it was so beautiful!

The people were friendly and laid back and pets were welcome. There is coffee and water in the lobby, and DVD's to choose from.

The decor is all recycled stuff - inventive and funky. The only negative thing is that the rooms aren't really soundproof at all. We were really lucky to have quiet considerate neighbors, but the hotel does provide earplugs if you don't.

I can't wait to go back… even without a coupon!

• Stayed May 2012
3 Thank Runspotrun
Seattle, WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2012

We stayed there over the May 4th weekend with 2 other couples. We upgraded our LivingSocial deal to an Ocean View Suit. We were in the West building but the other couples were in the East building and had about the same view as us. (not all rooms do though). Our room was under the restaurant. I had read about the noise and all the 4th floor rooms were booked so we figured under the restaurant would be ok since it's not open too late. We did hear them moving around/cleaning up until about 1:00am but if I had used the ear plugs that are supplied, it probably would have been ok. I suggest getting a 4th floor room. Our room was clean, the staff very friendly. I thought the style of the room was interesting and perfect for a beach hotel. One thing I didn't like was no lampshades. There was such a harsh glare and hard on the eyes while talking and chatting with everyone. Plus it made it impossible for me to read in beach while my husband slept. Loved the free bike rental (even though we didn't get a chance to use it), the 4 beers and chocolates in the room. They even have games and movies in the lobby to use for free. Breakfast was not for me, but the others were ok with it. I'm more of an egg/protein person. Maybe a bagel and cream cheese would have been good. The free tea/coffee in the lobby was great and I think that was the best black tea I ever had! We enjoyed the location. Walks on the beach, boardwalk, go-carts and just visiting stores around town and surrounding areas. We were bummed though that the town rolls up the sidewalks so early. We wanted a dessert and drinks after 9:00pm on Sat and it was pretty much impossible. My only complaint would be the restaurant. Only the bar part was open as the main restaurant isn't completed yet. I don't know if the menu is the normal 'bar' menu or what but we felt it was overpriced for what we got. The pizza is move European style...very thin and not much on it. We ordered a crab/pasta dish and we couldn't even tell there was any crab in it. It was a small dish for $18 and you didn't even get bread or salad with it. I can't imagine what the meals will cost in the restaurant when it opens! Oysters and beer seemed on par though. Overall, we would go back. Oh, and be sure to visit the Kite Museum and Oysterville.

Room Tip: 4th floor for sure. With no carpeting you can hear all the walking around above you. 3rd floor unde...