We got the Living social deal which was how we learned about the Adrift Hotel.
The staff was pleasant and the price was right but....:
I upgraded to a superior ocean view room but was dissipointed to look out the window to see (and have see us) the huge timeshare complex next door. There is no patio which makes the room feel cloister phobic and the bed is not oriented to look out at the partial ocean view?!! The room was spare, cold, dim lighting with industrial fittings and homemade partical board furnishings. I banged and cut my shin on the bed! The room smelled of dog (great if you're a dog owner I suppose..)
The bedding was thin and pillows cheep, which left me with a stiff neck.
The coffee service was optional and brought in a basket. The glass coffee pot was chipped up and the maker leaked and had a broken lid--how could the staff not notice?
Also...Long Beach if you haven't visited, has a town/shops oriented straight down the center of the peninsula. That means, there are few if any restaurants with an ocean view. We came to the beach to view some beach! It was also a beautiful day and could not find one restaurant that had outside seating.
We finally drove to Astoria where we have been many times (thus wanting to try somewhere new) and found many
restaurants with views... Also we wished we were staying at the beautiful Cannery Pier Hotel where we had stayed before...it is on the water in Astoria, central, amazing continental breakfast and luxurious in comparison to the Adrift.
To sum up, spend a little more and get a lot more at the cannery pier hotel in Astoria
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience our modern, ocean front hotel in the heart of the peninsula. We offer a variety of guest rooms, from no-frills studios to ocean front suites; all with updated amenities, a unique style and a focus on sustainability. Adrift is a beachfront experience...Some of our many on-site amenities include a small urban spa, complimentary bikes, game tables, and ocean view dining at [Pickled Fish] restaurant, and FREE daily live music from some of the northwest's most notable musicians, starting at 8pm - Close. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Adrift Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Adrift Hotel Long Beach
- Edgewater Hotel Long Beach
- Edgewater Motel Long Beach