“Perfect weekend retreat for the family...”

Adrift Hotel and Spa
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Long Beach
Reviewed January 3, 2012

If you 'get' what the owners of Adrift have set out to achieve with this property, you won't be disappointed. Excellent location, friendly service, and scones that are to die for ;)

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank mxitup
Write a ReviewReviews (1,903)

Reviewed January 3, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at Adrift over New Year's weekend. The hotel is remodeled in an industrial/minimalist style, which is perfect for my husband because he HATES clutter. It is decorated using reclaimed material and sustainable materials. They use environmentally friendly practices, which we loved, even asking you to set out all your recycleables for house-keeping. All the soaps, shampoos, and detergents are also eco-friendly. The coffee was the best hotel coffee we have had- organic from a roaster in Astoria. If you like special, local micro-brews, they sell them in the lobby.

The staff was very friendly and when I originally called prior to check-in to ask if there was a refrigerator in the room, the woman said no, but could move me to a room that had one (originally more money, but she didn't charge us). Our floor had a shuffle board and foos ball table, which were also pretty fun.

All in all, we really enjoyed our stay and will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: Rooms in the west building (the one with the lobby) are nicer.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank krueger2012
Reviewed January 3, 2012

We stayed at the Adrift for New Year's Eve 2012 and loved it. It was kind of funky, the rooms were great although some people might take issue with the decor. I thought the recycled items were great and the lights were unique. The price was right and it sits right next to the beach and along the Boardwalk. My only issue was the toilet. It was very low to the ground and had no sink next to it to pull yourself up, which for someone with bad knees made it a wee bit uncomfortable. Next time I'll remember to ask for an ADA room. I loved this place and will stay there the next time I visit and will recommend it to my friends.

Room Tip: One building has no elevator so if you can't do stairs remember to ask for a ground floor or a r...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 6, 2011

This property is remodeled in a very unique way. If you are looking for something classic and elegant this is not it. This is a very modern and forward thinking sustainably-built hotel with a lot of raw wood and metal materials used. I think they did a very good job. I can see how it wouldn't be for everyone, but their website is up front about how the hotel is so you should not be surprised.

I was using the hotel and the backdrop of Long Beach for my proposal and the staff went well out of their way to help. Everyone was very friendly, they had a cool lobby with hot drinks, beach cruisers you can take and free DVDs to watch if you want and the ocean front room was great. Their location is very hard to beat as it is right near the boardwalk and in the middle of town. We didn't eat at the restaurant upstairs, but did have a drink. They also had a couple packages you can add on to your stay and I saw a lot of people heading to the beach with some chairs and some firewood that the hotel provides for an add'l cost.

I think the hotel would be a good fit for most any type of traveler and I recommend eating dinner at the Lost Roo or The Depot. The Lost Roo is a little more casual and very tasty and The Depot is a little more on the high end and worth the money.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are not ocean front, but still get a good view of the ocean and the impressive beac...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank altabird75
Reviewed December 2, 2011

We stayed at the Adrift Hotel and Spa (there's really no spa that I could see) on October 31 and November 1, 2011. This hotel was recently taken over by new owners - it used to be called "The Edgewater" - and, wow, these people did a great job. The place is totally pet friendly (which is very important to us), the rooms are very minimalist and funky - the occasional tables are used cranberry boxes! The king size bed was ultra-comfortable and the room was VERY clean. I don't think the place would appeal to very traditional hotel/motel users, but we loved it. Ended up staying an extra day because we liked the place so much.
Of course, Long Beach is spectacular and this hotel is as close to the beach as you can get. A bike path goes along the edge of the beach about 100 yards from the hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room in the main hotel, not the separate building to the east.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 28, 2011

This is really a fantastic place. We loved the rooms - so creative and inviting. They really thought of everything - fresh organic coffee in the lobby (or in your room if you would like!), all natural shampoos and lotions, environmentally friendly - and there are cute dogs everywhere here! Super friendly staff. So pleased with our stay at the Adrift Hotel.

Room Tip: The hotel is situated next to two other properties that are more couple-friendly and quiet, also own...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 25, 2011

We stayed at the hotel in August and were very pleased. The rooms are simple but very clean and the beds comfortable. I liked the hardwood floor idea. With the hotel being so close to the beach, it made sense in dealing with the sand and keeping the rooms clean.I also like the Hotels commitment to the environment and the products (shampoo, conditioner) that they promoted. We had a room that over looked the parking lot, but we could see the beach just beyond. We were able to use complimentary bikes which were great for exploring the paved pathways along the beach. The room rate was very reasonable. The staff were a pleasure to deal with. They obviously really enjoyed their job and dealing with the guests. Overall a great experience and we really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
25 mi away
Best Western Plus Ocean View Resort
Best Western Long Beach Inn
Breakers Hotel and Condo Suites

Been to Adrift Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!