This was one of the best hotel experiences I have ever had. On a last minute whim, my husband and I decided to book a long weekend (3 nights) at the beach rather than the backpacking excursion we had planned in Winthrop. Heeding the advice of some friends who had visited the Adrift during Labor Day, we booked a ocean view king, room 427, and added in the Bonfire Package option for Friday night.
We had an amazing time. First of all, the staff was so kind and helpful, very warm and approachable. And one of my favorite parts, the design. I love modern. The Adrift gets it. I was so happy. Love the avant garde of the unfinished wood--appropriately designed for for a beach property. Love the exposed flooring and showers--this is not your typical hotel, and thank heavens! One of the very few times I have actually raved about the design of a hotel room! The top-floor oceanview room has a chaise so I could curl up and read with an ocean view, while watching the rain roll in. Or lay in the giant, comfy bed. Perfection.
There are beach cruisers and helmets to borrow-free to guests--and some DVD choices as well at the front desk. They can bring you a simple breakfast as well--which was very good.
We opted in for the Bonfire package, which included a bottle of wine, smores fixings, firewood, kindling, a lighter, and the use of blankets and chairs, all the fixings for a beach bonfire. That was so worth it. All my trouble melted away, and I had plenty going into this vacation!
I cannot wait to return here and I will tell everyone I know how excellent it was. Next time we will have to try a different room so we can bring our dog, I know he would love it as well!
Thanks for a great weekend!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience our modern, ocean front hotel in the heart of the peninsula. We offer a variety of guest rooms, from no-frills studios to ocean front suites; all with updated amenities, a unique style and a focus on sustainability. Adrift is a beachfront experience...Some of our many on-site amenities include a small urban spa, complimentary bikes, game tables, and ocean view dining at [Pickled Fish] restaurant, and FREE daily live music from some of the northwest's most notable musicians, starting at 8pm - Close. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Adrift Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Adrift Hotel Long Beach
- Edgewater Hotel Long Beach
- Edgewater Motel Long Beach