Breakers Hotel and Condo Suites
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$140
$119
$71
Best Western Long Beach Inn(Long Beach)(Great Value!)
$153
BestWestern.com
Adrift Hotel and Spa(Long Beach)(Great Value!)
$81
The Anchorage Cottages(Long Beach)(Great Value!)
$130
$113
Chautauqua Lodge(Long Beach)
$79
Hotwire.com
Lighthouse Oceanfront Resort(Long Beach)(Great Value!)
$165
$219
$119
$111
$106
All reviewsoutdoor hot tubdiscovery trailfull kitchengreat play areaawesome roomone bedroom apartmentplace to staypicnic areabasketball hoopduraflame logthe ground floorfront officewalking pathgreat place for familiespull out couchlewis and clarkfamily reunion
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Stayed in a one bedroom with small living space. Room was on the end with balcony looking towards the beach. Everything was nice & clean. Updated with new bedding & big flatscreen TV. Would stay their again for sure. The hot tub and pool area was very nice. My grandkids had a great time.
Their parents had a larger place with kitchen & fireplace. Room enough for 4 to sleep. We enjoyed eating breakfast in.

Room Tip: HIghly recommend getting room on upper level closest to the beach.
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We spent 2 nights in a one bedroom/full kitchen suite. The room was neat, the property was on the beach and a very short walk to the ocean. The kids play area was put to good use by our 18 month old!
The property itself is a little old, but that's about the only 'non-issue' I found :)

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Lovely room close to the beach. We booked the 1 bedroom condo for two nights. Checkin staff were lovely and very helpful. The room has a separate bedroom, large kitchen and a lovely dining lounge area. Tastefully decorated with fireplace and even a chandelier. We had a view out towards the ocean but not quiet high enough to see it, still a nice outlook though. I like the fact that the apartment blocks are not all crammed in together, there is plenty of room for kids to play.
The room was clean and fresh. WiFi is a little limited and only worked for a few hours, even my 3G connection would not work but I think that is more due to the area. Overall a great stay and only a short walk to the beach. The Thai restaurant down the road is a great place for dinner.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We spent three nights in a one bedroom/full kitchen suite. I'm wishing I'd booked it for four nights, but I will remember that for next year! Even during the peak season, they offer a great mid-week rate, and with the money we saved by cooking/eating "at home," the rate was more than fair for the area.

This is our second stay at the Breakers, and we love it. The front desk staff seems like they're a family, and they're so friendly and helpful. From the woman with whom I spoke when I phoned to book the room, to the super nice guy who checked us out (and graciously allowed us an extra hour to check out as I suffered a flare up of chronic pain issues from a car accident), everyone treated us like we'd been coming to the Breakers for years and they were happy to welcome us back. We were still in their system from our last stay three years ago! If you are thinking of staying, be advised that each of the condos are different. My advice is to find one you love and book ahead! We stayed in Building A (closest to the Discovery Trail path) on the second floor and we had a great view of the ocean. We enjoyed our fireplace and the kitchen had a decent selection of tools, including pots/pans, a dishwasher, two full knife blocks, and a brand new coffee maker. My husband and I slept in the bedroom (the bed was more comfortable than most hotel beds) and our two teenage sons started out sharing the queen-sized hide-a-bed, but the youngest ended up in a recliner because "it was more comfortable." We stayed in room 116, and while the decor was a bit dated, it looked brand new. More importantly, the whole place was SPOTLESS. In my book, clean trumps trendy every time! The beach was a five minutes stroll from our front door, and downtown Long Beach was probably a five minute drive. My only complaint was the wireless internet was pretty spotty. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it was super slow, but mostly we didn't have access. Maybe because we were at the far end of the building? Or maybe because the Breakers was packed full? No Netflix for us. Also, since my husband and I are both taking online college courses, we had to drive to the Long Beach McDonald's a couple times to submit our work. (I thought it was a great excuse to get a 32 oz. sweet tea.)

In planning this trip, I spent a lot of time looking at vacation rentals. Yes, we could've rented a house for about $50 more a night, but the Breakers doesn't charge a cleaning fee (even though housekeeping stopped by every day to replenish everything, including fireplace logs, and would've cleaned up if I'd let them!) and we didn't have $250-300 of our vacation money tied up in a deposit. We were not charged until we checked out.

We were too busy relaxing to check out the bikes or to even go over to the pool. It was kind of rainy and windy while we were in town. Coming from three straight months of the 85*-101* temperatures of Eastern Washington, we thoroughly enjoyed the cool weather and we chose to curl up in sweaters and blankets in front of the fireplace over swimming and biking. We had a great stay and could not have asked for more!

Room Tip: 2nd and 3rd floor rooms have the awesome views, but there's no elevator!
1  Thank Heidi G
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Our family has been coming to the Breakers for summer vacation for 12 years. We get a 1 bedroom with full size kitchen, living room, and fireplace. All Breakers rooms have ocean views and big decks. There is a playground and 3 trails to the beach. Pool, spa, horse shoe pits, bike rentals, volleyball and a huge group bbq area. Each unit is privately owned so unique. Always clean. WiFi and cable a bit lacking, but while on vacation shouldn't be "connected" anyway! Ha!
We like the Breakers because it's out of town just far enough to be less hectic, but close enough to bike or drive to or walk on the Discovery Trail to town. Discovery trail is paved so EXCELLENT for running, walking, biking, scooters, everyone!

Room Tip: The one bedroom condos with full kitchens are worth the money! Save by making a few meals in.
2  Thank LVALLEY9950