“not pet friendly”

and 1 more site!
Breakers Hotel and Condo Suites
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Long Beach
Reviewed August 6, 2012

My husband and I and pet Muffin stayed at Breakers in July of 2012. The condo was ok but when we arrived we were told we could not leave our dog in the room under any circumstances. Muffin is a small dog and crate trained. We just wanted to go out to a nice dinner one night and they would not let us leave her in her crate. That would have been fine except they didn't tell us when we call and made reservations. Had I known that I would not have stayed there. Of course when I said that they said yes you should have been told that when you made the reservations. I think they should put that on their web site so everyone can see that pets cannot be left in the rooms. We were in condo 330. We had to do take out and was very disappointed that we didn't get our nice seafood dinner out at a nice restaurant and didn't get to shop at the stores there.
Just wanted to let u know if u take a pet to stay there.
Elizabeth

Room Tip: ask questions when they say they are pet friendly.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Elizabeth99353

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Our condo had a view of the ocean when it wasn't foggy. Nice play area for our granddaughters with two hot tubs and a great little pool. We had two condo units for the 4 of us and it turned out fine. Real nice units. In fact this is the third time we have stayed in these units.

Room Tip: Third floor C bldg we like the best. Look out room and can watch the children playing from your dec...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We stayed without any knowing much about the resort. It is a very nice place and located within a 5 minute walk of the beach.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We had our choice of 3 condo units and each was decorated with charming decor by their individual owners! The room we chose featured a fabulous 2-person jacuzzi in its own alcove with dimmer lights and plants. Slept with the window open to hear the ocean surf. Prices are reasonable and the office staff was friendly and helpful. Definitely beyond the typical hotel experience.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I have stayed with my family for many years. We chose The Breakers because of a mini kitchen in most rooms. As our family got bigger we upgraded to the 1 or 2 bedroom condo. We like the fact that there are many options!! Almost every time we have been there, we wake up to deer and Elk outside...such a sight! The staff is wonderful and they make sure we are well taken care of! Perfect for families in all seasons. They have movie rentals, indoor and outdoor pools, playground and BBQ area. If you stay on the 3rd floor be prepared..there is no elevator. But it is worth the hike up the stairs!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are different since most are owned by individuals.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank ladysteele75
Reviewed May 2, 2012

I reserved a ground floor room with a small kitchen for 3 nights in June 2010. The furninshings were old and the place smelled like stale cigar smoke. In the kitchen: the freezer had so much ice build up that we could'nt fit anything in it. There was no dish rack for drying dishes, the plug in under the kitchen table didn't work, the toilet in the bathroom was not secure and it wobbled/rocks, the fan in the bathroom was real loud.
The floor was dirty and we had beetle bugs coming from somewhere in the room. There was a yellow outdated rug that shed terrible. We could hear the neighbors talking, especially at night. Their TV was on real loud. Very annoying.
The worst part was outside on the patio. The neighbors back deck was cluttered with plants and various items. It was an eye sore to look at. A couple of plants in containers were on our patio and were half dead.

I have stayed at the Breakers on and off for the past 15 years. I've stayed in both the 1 bedroom suites and the 1 bedroom with kitchenette. In 2009, I stayed in building D, in a 1 bedroom suite. The service and room were both great. I expected the same service this time and was eager to show my boyfriend. I've always thought highly of the Breakers. Sadly, we were both disappointed.
When we returned back home, I emailed the Breakers but never heard anything back. I am going back in June 2012 to run a 5K but will not be staying the Breakers.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tamann15
Reviewed April 25, 2012

I have been going to long beach for years and have never had the pleasure of staying at The Breakers and I can now say this is where we will stay from now on! We stayed in a pet room and we have no pets, so I was a little leery at 1st, but there was NO sign that there has ever been a pet in the room. I was very impressed by how clean the room was and beautiful. The rooms feel very warm, just like home. The path to the ocean is a nice little walk, the park area is nice and we can’t wait to go back.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Best Western Astoria Bayfront Hotel
Adrift Hotel and Spa
Adrift Hotel and Spa
#2 of 8 in Long Beach

Been to Breakers Hotel and Condo Suites? Share your experiences!