Chautauqua Lodge
Adrift Hotel and Spa(Long Beach)(Great Value!)
$125
$121
$83
Breakers Hotel and Condo Suites(Long Beach)(Great Value!)
$119
Best Western Long Beach Inn(Long Beach)(Great Value!)
$153
BestWestern.com
$119
$115
Travelocity
The Anchorage Cottages(Long Beach)(Great Value!)
$158
Hotels.com
$148
$132
BestWestern.com
All reviewsdeluxe suitethird floorindoor poolkids loved the poolview of the oceanelectric fireplaceclam chowderwatch the sunsetshort walk to the beachpaved trailcoffee potsaunadunesgeocachingcondomicrowaveasphalt
Reviewed April 22, 2013

My wife & I usually stay ay Anchorage Cottages while in Long Beach but got a 'deal' through
Groupon. The young lady at the lobby desk was very nice. Had a room on the first floor and was
a bit chilly in the room. Tried the fireplace...didn't work. Talked to the young lady again and was
told none of them worked unless you get up into the suites. She was willing to 'loan' us a space
heater...the heater was inadequate to heat the room or didn't work. No fridge or microwave but
they do have a hair dryer. Single serve coffee pot w/4 regular coffees (good coffee, too) but no
decaf. Toilet seat much lower to the floor than a "standard" toilet...had to help wife on & off...no
grab handle or anything near except doornobs. Gave the 'Lodge' our second night. Just couldn't
tough it out another day and this is the first time in 43 years that we've came home early. Very
clean room but no view. Guess the ocean was out there somewhere. Couldn't even hear it.

3  Thank Gary O
Reviewed April 9, 2013

My 90-year-old mother and I are on the road as she is moving from San Francisco area to Alaska and we are driving her car up. We happened on this lodge and the moment we walked in the door of our room (307) we knew this was a place we wanted to spend 2 nights so Mom could rest and relax for a day. It is obviously an older building, but our room was quite modern with fast wi-fi, a gas fireplace, cable tv, and kitchenette. There is a bedroom, also with a tv and bathroom, which I gave to Mom. I loved the view of the ocean from my bed in the living room. The beach is in walking distance and there is a beautiful path also which we took a walk on. I enjoyed going for a swim in the pool which was the perfect temperature. I would guess around 82 - 83 degrees. We had a wonderful dinner both nights at the restaurant that is there. We found the beds very comfortable. I honestly could not find anything to complain about.

2  Thank MargaretQ545
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Okay so I will admit after reading most these reviews I was scared. But the second we opened the door to our room I was happy. The condo/deluxe suite was clean, roomy, functional, and perfect for a family. The staff was helpful, and kind. The pool was an appropriate temperature and the kids loved it. It is a easy walk to the town ammenities. And just as easily accessible to the beach. The dishes/cooking utensils were nice. Anything we needed the staff was happy to oblige. I chose to forgo housekeeping. But they were ready if needed and happily provided me whatever I needed. Extr towels and soap all that stuff. Looking forward to our next stay.

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank dannianddavid
Reviewed April 5, 2013

WOW! What a great time we had! The room and beds were very clean and comfortable. The view from the 2nd floor was great! The only downside to our stay was the people in the room above us were very loud and stomped a lot. There was a great walking trail down to the beach right next to the hotel. Great swimming pool and hot tub! Our daughter had a blast in the pool! And talk about great service! Everyone was so accomadating and friendly! We also got a great room rate on Craigslist. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a friendly, comfortable place to stay. We will definately be back! Thanks Chautauqua Lodge, for making our spring break great!

Room Tip: Try to get a 2nd or 3rd floor room, so you have a good view of the ocean!
2  Thank Tawnya T
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Okay so normally I am pretty forgiving on motels. But someone is putting peoples lives in jeopardy to siphon the profits off this place. If one is familiar with Facilities all they have to do is look around to see the exposed wiring etc. Yes the plywood is still trying to cover the old hot tub like it shows in the pictures. Yes the gas is still disconnected to the building because of a gas leak. Yes they still do not care if you stay here and would probably rather you did not. Yes you can see the breakers from your room, but do not plan on getting warm in your room, because the heater is to small to heat the room up. And Yes the front desk does not care. I could go on but the key is to drive and not stay here! Sorry but its the truth.

Room Tip: like that could happen
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple