“Salt of the earth people, great accommodations.”
Review of Mikes Beach Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lilliwaup
Mikes Beach Resort
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I spend 3 days and 2 nights here to scuba and not only was the stay comfortable and relaxing but the owners made sure we were taken cared of with warm cider being attentive to our heating needs. My stay was comfortable and clean and relaxing. I highly recommend mike's for future scuba trips.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Vnavarro1014

Reviewed August 22, 2012

My husband, daughter and myself rented a cabin, wanting to be close to my sons Boy Scout Camp. It was not on the canal side of the road, we had to walk through the owners yard to a small cabin at the back of the property. The power was out, due to an accident on the highway. First we looked for bedding to set up the cot for my daughter, using a flashlight, we located the bedding as well as a few spiders in the closet. I did not want to concern my daughter so I had my husband do a quick check of the room. He killed 18 spiders and 12 carpenter ants. At this point it is 11:30 at night, we are both disgusted, but exhausted. We lay down on the bed (A FUTON) not a real mattress and immediately hear mice in the ceiling. They were scratching away. We packed up, drove the hour to Shelton and rented a room. The owner (@MIKES) told us they were completely booked and the cabin we rented was the last available. Knowing that, I did not wake her up when we left @11:30. I stopped by in the morning to explain what had happened and return the key. The owner refused to give us a refund. She said "I had other roooms that I could have moved you into." (I CAN NOT TOLERATE LYING). A HORRIBLE PLACE TO STAY!!. She had the nerve to say that she did not believe we drove to Shelton even when I provided a receipt showing us checking in @ 12:30 in the morning.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Julie T
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We rented 2 of the cabins and stayed one night with my In law's and son in one cabin and my husband and i in the other it was nice to have our kid with us but a romantic night to our self's the place was quiet and clean and had such a beautiful view we will be back every one was so nice and informative thank you for this wonderful place

Room Tip: the cabins are the way to go
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Karri C
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Great find and fun for all. Good location, easy to find, right off the US 101 about a two hour drive from Sea-Tac airport depending on how and when you go. Stayed for one night, traveling through on a quick trip. My boyfriend and I stayed May 1st so it was quiet. The cabins are modest and very clean, has nice towels excellent water view, has microwave, dishes, glasses almost everything you would want.. Bring your own coffee, snacks, bathroom soaps etc.. Well, you get one of those coffee packets that are so-so. Our cabin (#6) has a Jacuzzi but not enough Hot water. We looked in the other cabins, some have stoves, some have 2 doubles or single + bunk beds..
There is a play area for children of all ages. Young ones have swing sets and the older ones can go fishing or diving.
I forgot to take pics of the bath, sorry! It's a modest bathroom with stand up shower.. it's very clean.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank gemneye
Reviewed July 21, 2011

I stayed in cabin 4, the cabin was very nice, cant beat the view you get in the cabins.

It was just a short diving getaway for me, i really wanted the try the flag pole rock dive site, and what a GREAT dive it was, easily the best dive i have had on hood canal.

Lots of ling cod

MANY wolf eels

dungeness crab

schools of red rockfish

golden rockfish

sea perch

and HUGE giant pacific octopus

Marine life is thriving on the canal, best ive seen in years.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank jayjay777123
Reviewed July 13, 2011

I really liked this place, i stayed with 2 other families over the 4th july weekend.

This place is a real hidden gem, and everyone is so friendly! its like a small hidden community, our whole family loved it, we didnt have to worry about the kids at all, this is as safe as it gets, we made good friends and everyone we met was having a good time, very different from anything you will find in the city.

its the kind of place you want to keep to yourself, but we had such a great time and the owners were so nice, i had to write a review.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank xms777
Reviewed May 24, 2011

If you're into awesome Hood Canal diving then Mike's is the place to stay. Mike's is rustic and homey; Mike himself is laidback and easy going and quick to give a smile. Mike had hot apple cider waiting for us after every dive and if you've ever been diving in Hood Canal you can appreciate something hot after a dive. At low tide you can collect a dinner of oysters and clams and grill them at your cabin and while they're grilling you can watch the bald and golden eagles fly overhead. I love the place and plan on going back again. Like I said the place is rustic and it caters to a lot of divers, that being said it's not the Hilton, but the Hilton doesn't have a small theater in it with a couple of rows of Boeing 727 seats, a big old couch and a woodstove, now does it.

Room Tip: Bring food!!!!
  • Stayed: May 2011
3  Thank vs920
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lilliwaup
Robin Hood Village Resort
#1 of 6 in Silverdale
Belfair Motel
Belfair Motel
#1 of 1 in Belfair

Been to Mikes Beach Resort? Share your experiences!