“Great spot for a group meeting”

Best Western Plus Liberty Lake Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Liberty Lake
Whitefish, Montana, United States
“Great spot for a group meeting”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Had a meeting at the Best Western Liberty Lake Motel for a group of about 18. It could not have gone smoother! Great rooms... very clean. Great meeting room... great staff. Will definitely return there. Very reasonably priced as well. Give them a try. You won't be sorry.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Jason F, Manager at Best Western Plus Liberty Lake Inn, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dave,

Thank you for taking the time to tell the Trip Advisor community about how great your group's stay with us was. I am very relieved and glad that it went so smoothly on such a busy weekend, but it was really fun having your team here and we are super excited to do it all over again very soon. Since a bunch of you are over on the west side of the state, don't forget we have a fantastic Peppertree in Auburn that would take the same level of care of any of you or your team should you need lodging accommodations this winter. Hope to see you next summer, maybe your team can make a Silverwood trip out of it, we do that too!!!

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Helena, Montana, USA
Reviewed October 24, 2012

This is an average hotel at a convenient spot east of Spokane, near the interchange, but without the noise. We reserved the family suite and it was spacious. The king bed in the room was awesome - firm but not rock hard, and the linens were of higher quality. Temp control in the room was adequate but I was surprised it wasn't on a thermostat on the wall - had an under-window unit for heating and cooling. The pool and hot tub were very nice, and even had accomdation for elderly or disabled to get in and out. I thought that was really neat. Probably the biggest detractor in this hotel is that it was definitely appointed by an interior designer who specialized in hospitals. I can't believe all the large light-colored tile. In the room the granite vanity top sits on a metal rack. I think in general it was built with moderate-to-low quality materials. The staff was friendly at all times and helped when asked. The breakfast in the morning is run-of-the-mill and one morning the attendant was clearly overwhelmed. My wife and kids thought she was rude, but I think she was just swamped.

Room Tip: The elevator is right in the middle of the hotel, away from the front desk, so if you have mobility...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear MTHOTELS,

We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay with our property and not only do we appreciate the praise, but also really appreciate the critique on some of the things about our hotel that could use a little tweeking. It is a key to our success that we are so conveniently located to the freeway, split between Spokane and Coeur d'Alene but without the noise of a freeway hotel or the crowding and problems commonly found with intercity hotels. It looks like you had our largest suite, the Family Suite, which is probably our most popular suite by far! That king bed with a queen bed in a separate room configuration is very popular with traveling families that need just a little space to relax or even that just want a livingroom that features a third bed! I am sorry that your breakfast service was less than we would have expected, and while we were a person short in staffing that day, you should have never known the difference. As the management team, we have identified a better solution to when that happens in the future and will make sure we provide the support needed to our staff to ensure your breakfast service is not impacted. Thank you for your patience and understanding with our staff in that situation. We certainly hope you will bring your family back soon to stay with us and don't forget that next spring and summer is just around the corner and so is Silverwood Theme Park, so give us a call and we will build a package for you.

Have a great holiday season,
Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is in a great location for an overnight stay while on the road. Just outside of Spokane and close to the freeway. Friendly staff and clean rooms, the bed was comfortable with nice linens . Always convenient to have a continental breakfast before hitting the road.

Stayed October 2012
Jason F, Manager at Best Western Plus Liberty Lake Inn, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Dear Bob,

I am very glad to hear that not only did you find us convenient but also a great stay. While we are split in between Spokane and Couer d'Alene, we find that it makes for a nice quiet stay and our top notch service makes up for anything a big city hotel could offer. Thank you for choosing to stay with Best Western and our Peppertree Liberty Lake property. We hope you have a safe and fantastic fall/winter and that you will stay with us again soon.

Best Wishes,
Green Valley, Arizona
Reviewed October 5, 2012

After spending the last two weeks packing and cleaning prior to a move out of state we were exhausted. Movers took everything, so rather than sleep on the floor we decided to splurge and stay in town. Missed the Happy Hour [Best Western Rewards guests only] because it was already over by the time we got thre.

Room was great, spacious, bright, well appointed. Standouts, TWO easy chairs with a side table, granite topped trestle desk, and very comfortable bed, separated from the seating area with a short pony wall.

Breakfast was awesome. Not only make your own waffles, but also breakfast burritos. Also two kinds of eggs, pastries and fruit. Note, regarding previous review, yes the eggs were cold, but warmed them up in the microwave helped.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Blokzijl
Jason F, Manager at Best Western Plus Liberty Lake Inn, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Dear Blokzijl,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and for telling everyone how much you enjoyed your time here. It was a pleasure having you here and I know that Miles, myself and the entire Liberty Lake Team hope that your travels bring you this way and we see you again very soon. Enjoy your new home and don't forget you always have a place to stay when you get homesick! Have a wonderful upcoming holiday season.

Graham
Reviewed October 3, 2012

This is a very nice, well kept property located between Spokane and Courd'alene Idaho. Great beds, quite area, very good breakfast. For evening fare their is a good sports bar across the street and a good bistro practically in their parking lot. Also close to a couple of excellent golf courses. I stay here on business all the time. Mark G.

Room Tip: 2nd or 3rd floors are great
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Hi Mark!

I am glad to hear that you really enjoyed your time with us here. As you already know from this stay and your previous stays too, we really try and make our hotel feel a little more like home. I am glad you enjoy the little touches and if there is ever anything we can do to make your stay a little more exceptional, please let Miles or I know right away... even if you just need a walk on at Meadowood when you come back to play in spring! Have a great October and we look forward to seeing you again very soon. We appreciate your continued loyalty to both Best Western and our Liberty Lake Peppertree property.

Big Sky Country
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Overall we had a nice experience here. The staff was friendly and pleasant. The room was comfortable and spacious. There was a good selection of options at the complimentary breakfast. Large TV and free WiFi are always a welcomed addition. It was good to see that their Green Hotel had gone farther than just offering not to wash your towels during your stay.
Although the room was nicely decorated, the little bed pillows were difficult to sleep on. When I would turn over, my head would fall of the pillow and the bed was extremely hard. The room was very tidy but the shower curtain was fairly musty, just couldn't get away from the smell.
Breakfast time was busy and you'd think that the hot choices would've been hot and the cold options would be cold. I ate cold eggs and warm yogurt.
Nit-picky, I know but these issues really shouldn't be issues.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Jason F, Manager at Best Western Plus Liberty Lake Inn, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Shediver,

First and foremost, thank you for choosing to stay with us. We know you have plenty of options when staying in this area and we are delighted you decided to stay with us. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed the size and amenities of your room and also the full hot breakfast, as well as our efforts to be a more sustainably focused hotel. I have covered, with my breakfast staff, your feedback on the temperature of the eggs and our expectations for quality control, because although they consistently push out great food, even you noted that on this day there was room for improvement. We hope to see you again very soon, but if not, have a safe and warm winter season.

Thank you for choosing Best Western Peppertree at Liberty Lake.

Bellevue, Alberta
Reviewed October 2, 2012

There were certainly good things about this hotel, and I will mention those, but I must start off by saying that typically when travelling what I consider most important in a hotel is the quality of the bed. I realize that it is difficult to satisfy everyone in the type and style of mattress that is provided. I do however urge the management of this hotel to spend a night or 2 sleeping in some of the beds in this hotel. I was so happy upon first arriving in the room, the rooms are spacious and lovely, I of course checked the mattress quickly by pressing on it and thought oh good it is firm! However once I actually settled in bed the mattress could be considered firm I guess, but the quality is very poor, you not only feel the springs, but you hear them every time you move.
Hotel staff was fine, breakfast was typical Best Western fare, the room as I mentioned was spacious with a nice sitting area. Just glad we were only there one night. If sleep is what you value I would ask to check the beds before you book.

Room Tip: Ask to try the beds if you value sleep at all.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Passtrackers
Jason F, Manager at Best Western Plus Liberty Lake Inn, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Teresa,

I would like start by apologizing for the fact that you did not get a comfortable stay with us because of your bed. While I agree with you that it is hard to find a good fit for every guest, we would really like to believe that we try. After reading your review, I immediately added the room you were in to the list of rooms that will be getting a brand new mattress this month, so that we can hopefully prevent any further guests from finding themselves not able to get a great night's sleep with us. I am glad that you were able to enjoy the full hot breakfast and that you found your room clean, spacious and comfortable aside of the bed.

I do hope that you will consider staying with again in the near future if your travels bring you this way.

If I can be of assistance to you in any further way, please do not hesitate to contact me at (509) 755-1111.

Hope you enjoy the upcoming holiday season and we wish you safe travels.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Liberty Lake
#1 of 5 in Post Falls
Oxford Suites Spokane Valley
Oxford Suites Spokane Valley
#2 of 13 in Spokane Valley

Been to Best Western Plus Liberty Lake Inn? Share your experiences!