“Great place to stay outside of Spokane”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Liberty Lake Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Liberty Lake
Graham
“Great place to stay outside of Spokane”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

This is a very nice, well kept property located between Spokane and Courd'alene Idaho. Great beds, quite area, very good breakfast. For evening fare their is a good sports bar across the street and a good bistro practically in their parking lot. Also close to a couple of excellent golf courses. I stay here on business all the time. Mark G.

Room Tip: 2nd or 3rd floors are great
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Jason F, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Liberty Lake Inn, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Hi Mark!

I am glad to hear that you really enjoyed your time with us here. As you already know from this stay and your previous stays too, we really try and make our hotel feel a little more like home. I am glad you enjoy the little touches and if there is ever anything we can do to make your stay a little more exceptional, please let Miles or I know right away... even if you just need a walk on at Meadowood when you come back to play in spring! Have a great October and we look forward to seeing you again very soon. We appreciate your continued loyalty to both Best Western and our Liberty Lake Peppertree property.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Big Sky Country
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

Overall we had a nice experience here. The staff was friendly and pleasant. The room was comfortable and spacious. There was a good selection of options at the complimentary breakfast. Large TV and free WiFi are always a welcomed addition. It was good to see that their Green Hotel had gone farther than just offering not to wash your towels during your stay.
Although the room was nicely decorated, the little bed pillows were difficult to sleep on. When I would turn over, my head would fall of the pillow and the bed was extremely hard. The room was very tidy but the shower curtain was fairly musty, just couldn't get away from the smell.
Breakfast time was busy and you'd think that the hot choices would've been hot and the cold options would be cold. I ate cold eggs and warm yogurt.
Nit-picky, I know but these issues really shouldn't be issues.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Jason F, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Liberty Lake Inn, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Shediver,

First and foremost, thank you for choosing to stay with us. We know you have plenty of options when staying in this area and we are delighted you decided to stay with us. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed the size and amenities of your room and also the full hot breakfast, as well as our efforts to be a more sustainably focused hotel. I have covered, with my breakfast staff, your feedback on the temperature of the eggs and our expectations for quality control, because although they consistently push out great food, even you noted that on this day there was room for improvement. We hope to see you again very soon, but if not, have a safe and warm winter season.

Thank you for choosing Best Western Peppertree at Liberty Lake.

Bellevue, Alberta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

There were certainly good things about this hotel, and I will mention those, but I must start off by saying that typically when travelling what I consider most important in a hotel is the quality of the bed. I realize that it is difficult to satisfy everyone in the type and style of mattress that is provided. I do however urge the management of this hotel to spend a night or 2 sleeping in some of the beds in this hotel. I was so happy upon first arriving in the room, the rooms are spacious and lovely, I of course checked the mattress quickly by pressing on it and thought oh good it is firm! However once I actually settled in bed the mattress could be considered firm I guess, but the quality is very poor, you not only feel the springs, but you hear them every time you move.
Hotel staff was fine, breakfast was typical Best Western fare, the room as I mentioned was spacious with a nice sitting area. Just glad we were only there one night. If sleep is what you value I would ask to check the beds before you book.

Room Tip: Ask to try the beds if you value sleep at all.
1 Thank Passtrackers
Jason F, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Liberty Lake Inn, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Teresa,

I would like start by apologizing for the fact that you did not get a comfortable stay with us because of your bed. While I agree with you that it is hard to find a good fit for every guest, we would really like to believe that we try. After reading your review, I immediately added the room you were in to the list of rooms that will be getting a brand new mattress this month, so that we can hopefully prevent any further guests from finding themselves not able to get a great night's sleep with us. I am glad that you were able to enjoy the full hot breakfast and that you found your room clean, spacious and comfortable aside of the bed.

I do hope that you will consider staying with again in the near future if your travels bring you this way.

If I can be of assistance to you in any further way, please do not hesitate to contact me at (509) 755-1111.

Hope you enjoy the upcoming holiday season and we wish you safe travels.

Switz City, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

We found this hotel was a bright spot in our trip. The room was very large with new TV, fridge and micro-wave. The room had a very nice sink separate from the bath area. It has a nice hot tub and my bed was just great. The hotel was a good price around $100. We had lots of hot water and a very quite night.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Jason F, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Liberty Lake Inn, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear Jaynewan,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share with the Trip Advisor world your experience when you stayed with us. We are delighted to hear that your stay was fantastic and that just reaffirms for us that the high level of operational standards that we hold ourselves to everyday, really do make a difference to our travelers. I am glad that your bed was very comfortable and that you enjoyed the amenities that we offer. Hopefully we will get the chance to see you again soon when your travels bring you our way. If you find yourself on the other side of Spokane, Omak or Auburn, try out our Peppertree properties there, I know you will not be disappointed. Safe travels!

Calgary
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

We've stayed at this hotel 3 or 4 times in the past and loved it. After an absence of a couple of years, we booked the room 11 months in advance and arrived Sept 11. The hotel was a total disappointment, starting with our check in. I had indicated our preferences -- top floor, away from elevator, stairwells and ice machines (quiet location). Well, guess what? We couldn't get a room on the top floor and they handed us the keys to 201 which was, of course, on floor 2, across from the stairwell and facing out to the front entrance of the hotel. It was like they purposely gave us the exact opposite of our preferences. When we complained about the room, we did get a room on the 3rd floor, which was better. Then, the nightmare began. Trying to sleep on that bed was impossible. I don't have back problems, but that bed was truly horrible. It was as hard as a rock and you could feel all the springs through it. I see another review on TripAdvisor where the guest had the exact same problem with the mattress. The response from the Assistant Mgr to this review was the mattress was a Serta Perfect Sleeper Chesire II. Well, let me tell you, I threw back the sheets and there is no way that was a Serta mattress of any type. It was a no-name mattress that didn't match the box spring. When I phoned the desk at 7 in the morning, after a sleepless night, to inquire if there were any rooms with better mattresses, the first response from the girl at the front desk was, "Was it too hard?" I told her it definitely was. She said all the mattresses were the same. So we checked out. And let me tell you, if you want a comfortable bed with great service, check into the Oxford Suites down the road. I think that's where the Best Western's Serta mattresses were delivered.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms here -- all have the same horrible mattresses. If you didn't have a bad...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Jason F, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Liberty Lake Inn, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear Sandra,

First off, i would sincerely like to thank you for your repeat business with us, we really do appreciate your loyalty to not only Best Western, but also to this specific location. I am deeply sorry to read your review of your most recent stay with us, because as you have indicated, you have been here several times before and never had an less than exceptional service, so we really missed an opportunity here.

Regarding your room reservation and check-in, much like I explained when you arrived, we do everything in our power to accommodate any special requests that our guests make when they make a reservation, no matter how far in advance. Unfortunately, as was with your stay, when you are booked into a room that we do not have available on the top floor due to being completely full and the stay overs on that floor, we do everything we can to get you in a quiet room. In your case you were put in 201, not as a opposite of your request, but rather because it was my only room that was opposite from the side of the hotel with traffic on it and it had 1 side with no room next to you, with hopes that it would get you the quietest night's sleep possible, in fact that room is frequently requested for that reason.

As for the mattresses, I am very sorry that you were not able to get a good night's sleep on our mattresses. While they do not prominently carry the retail label of a Serta, please rest assured that what you did read in the previous post was absolutely correct. We do completely recognize that while the majority of our guests are looking for a firm to very firm bed, that does not work for every guest and I am sorry that it caused you a loss of sleep during your stay.

We really appreciate you taking the time to bring your concerns up to the front desk, myself, and our ownership, because that is how we identify how we can improve and make sure we are delivering on our commitment to our guests.

I hope that you will reconsider a future stay with us and that we get the opportunity to serve you again in the future. Thank you for being a valued Best Western member.

Niantic, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

Great location, great staff, good housekeeping, large rooms, huge LCD TV with tons of channels. Convenient to I-90. Fridge and microwave are a nice touch. Climate control works well. Good water pressure in shower. Nice BW Rewards happy hour and the attendant Christina is one of the happiest people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting and is an asset to the hotel. Hotel is in a great location close to Spokane and the airport. Price was a little on the high side but I can live with it. Comfortable beds and pillows. I come to Spokane once a year for work and will absolutely stay here next year when I return.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Hello Matt,

Thank you for staying with us recently and for taking the time to let us know how we did. I am very glad that not only did you find us convienent because of our easy on and off of I-90, but that you also enjoyed all the little touches. We are glad to hear that Cristina provided you with fantastic service during our Manager's Happy Hour. The free food and beer or wine is our little way of making you feel a little more at home and to say thank you for being a Best Western Rewards Member. Next time if you are in the area, we would love to have you stay with us again, or feel free to try our sister location at the Spokane Airport. We look forward to seeing you again soon and thanks for your review.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

Beautiful, comfy rooms, and nice pool. Expensive choice in this area, but we wanted to stay at a BW for points. Even at an Internet only rate we paid $178 for one night. Continental Breakfast was included, but with no room to eat, we opted for McDs when we couldn't get in the door. It's Right off the highway and convenient, but still felt like we paid too much. Probably find a different place next time, unless rates are changed. Otherwise great.

• Stayed August 2012
Jason F, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Liberty Lake Inn, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Dear SNE79,

Thank you again for your choice to stay with us and for your loyalty to the Best Western brand. We are very happy to hear that you found your room very comfortable and our 24 hours indoor heated pool and hot tub enjoyable. I am very sorry to hear that you missed out on our full hot breakfast because of room in the breakfast room. We believe that the key to a great day, is a good hot breakfast and that is why we include it with every stay. We are currently looking into ways that we can possibly expand our seating area on those few super full breakfast times and for now, we welcome our guests to comfortably enjoy thier meal in our Pepperzone. Overall, it looks like you had a great stay and our staff is very excited to see you again very soon.

Have a great Fall!

#1 of 5 in Post Falls
Oxford Suites Spokane Valley
Oxford Suites Spokane Valley
#2 of 13 in Spokane Valley

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Liberty Lake Inn? Share your experiences!