“less than I expected...” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Liberty Lake Inn

BEST WESTERN PLUS Liberty Lake Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Liberty Lake
Redmond, Oregon
“less than I expected...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2012

Ok...so on a trip to visit grandkids who just moved to Liberty Lake, I find this hotel well regarded here.....so we booked for two nights. On arrival the assigned room we walked into was not clean and smelled terribly of smoke. So we got a new room but it was only marginally better. I think they may not enforce smoking bans too strongly..? The room was just OK... nice TV (who travels to watch TV??) but the bed was too firm ...and the bathroom was tiny ( close the door before you can use the toilet?) and the towels are worn. The place is older and needs attention to upgrade details for sure...the walls are typically thin as well. Breakfast was the typical cardboard food so I recommend going across the freeway to Barlow's (great atmosphere and food). This hotel has a pool and a pool table, which I guess earns it the "PLUS" in the BW name...but the extra facilities are apparently booked out to the public for events, and they were not available to us ( reserved signs on the doors both days for private parties). it is not worth a second stay in our opinion.

Room Tip: pretty hard to avoid freeway noise...but ask for a room on the back side of the building.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank anne g
AsstGMLibertyLake, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Liberty Lake Inn, responded to this review, May 3, 2012
Hello...Thank you for choosing our hotel while in town visiting your grandkids. I hope you had a good visit with them. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjyoy our Full Hot Breakfast which includes our Signature make your own burrito, make your own waffles, cereals, muffins, bagels, and yogurt. I'm also sorry that our Pepperzone wasn't available before 8pm. We try to accomodate all our guests. We do reserve our Pepperzone room for groups or teams but the latest we do is 8pm. This is so all our guests can use it as well. I would like to thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to post your experience. .

Asst General Manager

The World is a book and those who do not travel read only one page. - St Augustine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012 via mobile

Nice rooms with good beds (and we are picky on the beds). Breakfast was better than average and that's a big plus. A couple of details need attention --- never got our wake up call and had to request a receipt when we were leaving. Both are solvable with some supervision. Would return with the hope that the problems are corrected.

Stayed February 2012
2 Thank Travelor2141
AsstGMLibertyLake, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Liberty Lake Inn, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
Hello..Thank you for sharing your experience. I would like to apologize if our front desk staff did not offer to print it out your receipt. We are an Eco-friendly Hotel so when guests check out at the front desk we offer to email them the receipt or print it out. We are glad that you did enjoy our Full Hot Breakfast and that it was a plus for you as well as you getting a good nights sleep in our bed. Thanks again for letting us know.

Boise, Idaho, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2012

Been all over the country for business, and I honestly can say this was one of the most relaxing hotels I've stayed at. The rooms are modern and very clean. They have a nice chair to kick back and watch the large screen TV with a great cable tv selection. Fridge and Microwave are standard. For travellers of age, between 5-7 they host a nice, mellow reception with complimentary drinks (2 per guest) and buffet (they had a nacho bar and soup for when I was there). The staff is very friendly and helpful. I would go out of my way to stay here again in a heart beat. Other hotels should take note, as this location is certainly doing things right.

Oh yes - the breakfast's build your own burrito bar in the morning is a great way to start your day.

Room Tip: standard rooms (2 queens) are an excellent choice, even if you are alone. There's a mini mart n...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank jfalskdfuoipe29030uu
AsstGMLibertyLake, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Liberty Lake Inn, responded to this review, March 25, 2012
Hi...You left some good tips for future guest. Its nice for travelers to know that there are nearby places to eat when making a reservation at a hotel. The owner is always upgrading and we are glad that you thought our rooms were modern and clean. We just recently upgraded our tv channels to include HD ones and there are definitely lot and lots of channels to choose from. We want everyone to have a great time when coming to our hotel. We are glad to hear you did.

Kalispell, Montana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

I see that there are a few people who have rated this place poorly. Ignore them. We have stayed at this hotel on numerous occasions and have never had a bad or even "fair" experience. It is always far beyond my expectations, especially for what you pay. The decor is updated, the rooms are always spotless, the staff is incredibly friendly (I walked down into the little "giftshop" area last night looking for a snack and the man at the desk saw me browsing and offered up a basket of complimentary snacks) the pool area is great, it has a gym, a great game room complete with a pool table, and their free breakfast, while it is a hotel breakfast, is one of the best I have ever had. I appreciated real coffee (in the dining room, not in the rooms....it is Seattle's Best) and the name-brand Tazo tea.HD channels, free wifi and did I mention it is always nice and clean? I always send my friends here and they always thank me later.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jenelle C
AsstGMLibertyLake, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Liberty Lake Inn, responded to this review, February 25, 2012
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I appreciate all of the insight you offer to us, as well as future guests of ours. There are lots of little ammenities that we usually don't mention but glad you noticed. Real cups, Seattle's Best Coffee and Tazo Tea are just a few. Thank you for your continued stays and look forward to making your next visit enjoyable.

Nelson, B.C.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

We will often do a loop through Hayden Lake, Coeur D'Alene and then across to Spokane. We chose this hotel for the right balance of price, location and quality. We were very happy with the fantastic service from the front desk staff. The pool was also very well recieved by the kids (9 and 7). Breakfast had a wide selection and great hours. Yes you have to drive to various places however it is very central and close to the interstate so it was very efficient to get to places. We also did not hear any of the highway noise. We will stay here again. One final note, management seems to be very responsive and feedback is appreciated so congratulations for making the customer feel special, they do a very good job at this hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank LochIsland
Hello...We're glad that you decided to choose us for our location and price and then had a blast. Especially the kids in the pool! Usually it turns out them getting a good nights sleep. That's a fun sightseeing loop that you do and you definitely get a chance to see this whole region while doing it. We are happy to hear that you felt welcomed by our staff and thanks for noticing on how we respond. We really do try. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience.

port angeles ,wa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

We traveled to Spokane area to attend the state wrestling championship with our two grandsons. I was very impressed with this hotel. It was clean. The staff was friendly. They had great common area rooms and a pool. Our Family so enjoyed it - And i slept great - considering there were lots of children in and out of rooms early and late - the noice level was not at all what you would think. Great place the whole team decided that next year they will stay there again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AsstGMLibertyLake, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Liberty Lake Inn, responded to this review, February 19, 2012
I'm glad that you were impressed! The owner truly cares about cleanliness and having everyone enjoy their stay. We are happy that you found both. Congratulations on your grandsons making it the state championships! What a great feat for them. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2012

I stayed here once before. It is conviently located between Spokane and Coure d' alene. The rooms are nice, the hotel is very clean and well kept. I chose it for the location. Close to Cabellas and several other companies I do work for. The staff here is very welcoming and helpful. If you get a top floor room on the east side,there are great mountain views. I would choose again.

Room Tip: Upper level room with a view.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
AsstGMLibertyLake, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Liberty Lake Inn, responded to this review, February 2, 2012
Hello...Thank you for deciding to stay with us again. Cabela's is very close and one of my favorite stores. I can spend hours in there! I'm glad you like our location. It sounds like we were right in the middle of everywhere you needed to go. Whenever we have light snow, you can definitely see the Selkirk Mountains. Great that you were able to enjoy them. Thanks again for posting your experience.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Liberty Lake
Hampton Inn & Suites Spokane Valley
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#1 of 5 in Post Falls

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Liberty Lake Inn? Share your experiences!