“Terrible”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Terrible”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Front Desk was very rude and it seemed sarcastic, for no reason. Amenities were nill and the place was eerie. There was landscapers who started at 6:am which was annoying since I got in around 2:am. There was no stores or anything close resembling a location to eat at. It was off to a bad location off the highway. Had hassles about my overnight corporate lodging when the front desk girl decided to be sarcastic about basic things, which was rude and inappropriate. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: Rooms were average. No updates on anything inside though.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Jeff E, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
i want to apologize for the horrible experience you had at my property. I do want to assure you that since that they the property has new Management and only the friendliest and most helpful staff works for the property. When your in town again stop by and look at the new changes and friendlier staff.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed July 24, 2012

If you read my other reviews, you will see that I give fair reviews (sometimes I think people 'look' for things to complain about). I assure you, this review is accurate!

We stayed at this hotel on July 20 & 21 to attend an event in Post Falls. I changed my hotel reservations from a different place to stay at the same hotel as the rest of my family. I called the hotel on Wednesday night, July 18 to make reservations because the website was down. I reserved a king suite, with a pull-out couch as did my cousin, for 89 per night. My brother also reserved a double queen room.

When we arrived on Friday at 6 pm, we were given keys to rooms that were supposed to be king suites and signed the paperwork. Upon entry to the room, I noticed there was one king bed, no fold out sofa bed, small chair. The same with my cousin's room. We went downstairs to get the right rooms and the clerk told us they were recently bought out and the computer did not update the actual rooms they had. Although we reserved suites, there were none left. She called the manager and he said they would give us the rooms for 60 a night, or we could change to a different hotel, although most were sold out, we would have to stay in Spokane, too far away to drive 4 times a day. I was very disappointed because my sister, pregnant niece and her husband were staying in my room with me, now down sized to one king bed. I opted to sleep in my cousin's room, on the floor. To her credit, the hotel clerk was very friendly and gave us extra blankets.

We went to our event and returned later that night. When I made my bed on the floor, the blanket they gave me had a one foot hole in the center and various large blood stains on the blanket (I totally regret not taking a picture to upload, because I am NOT exagerating) I took the blanket downstairs and a new clerk was working. She said the blanket was not dirty-only stained but she could not explain the hole. She did not have a good attitude. She gave me a comforter and I went to bed on the floor.

The next morning, I woke up at 9:30 to make the continental breakfast and the food was gone; only cold cereal left, we drove to McDonalds. When we returned, we started taking showers and there was not one drop of luke-warm water, only cold. Imagine giving a 3 & 5 year old a bath in cold water, not good!

On Saturday, my sister was tired so she decided to stay in the room from 3-6 pm to take a nap. An unknown man entered her room with a key! She was startled and the man explained he just checked in and this was the room they gave him! He left but she was scared.

On Sunday, we tried the continental again and finally there was food. Still no warm water. Our bathroom light had gone out and nobody came to fix it so we took cold showers in the dark (with the door open). The toilet clogged and nobody came to fix it. And here's the kicker........when I went to check-out on Sunday, I wanted to make sure they had charged me the discounted rate of 60 per night, the clerk told me I already checked out earlier that day! The computer had me staying in a completly different room and allowed a stranger to charge my credit card! I sat in the lobby for about 30 minutes for the clerk to fix their error. She was very sweet, called the manager, and tried to fix the errors. The manager was the only person who could correct the error and would not be in until Monday. I checked my bank statement on Tuesday and it's a 268.00 charge, so they did not correct the problem. This explains why they allowed a stranger to enter our room, they never had us staying in it!

By far the worst hotel stay I have ever experienced! Our trip turned out to be great but everything that could go wrong with the hotel DID! I will NEVER stay at a Quality Inn again!

Room Tip: Be advised, the computer shows suites available, arrive early to get the room you reserved.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Cheyenne M
My apologies for the experience you have. Staff and policies have changed since your visit to prevent experiences like the one you had. As a property we thrive for perfection every single guest helps us reach that goal with each comment and suggestion. Thanks for your help and we hope you will give us an opportunity to WOW you in the future.
Creston, Canada
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We stayed here so we could take our 14 year old granddaughter shopping. It was an excellent choice. The staff very accommodating and very friendly. We arrived early and our room was not ready so we just went shopping. The girl that checked us in was superb, her relief arrived just as we finished up and she introduced us to her and explained our room was not quite ready. We arrived back after supper to a warm welcome back, and headed up to our room. It was so quiet in the hotel, the only noise we heard was the thunderstorm early the next morning!! We will definitely be staying here again for our shopping trips, we loved it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Ginny E
Sauk Rapids, Minnesota
Reviewed July 13, 2012

This is a GREAT find. Quiet, Clean and a great location.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JC F
Reviewed May 24, 2012 via mobile

Overpriced! Dirty rooms! Unprofessional, shady staff, inadequate towels! Horrible breakfast sausage gravy cold for biscuits and gravy. Hair in bath tub. Would not stay again. Hard to find.

• Stayed May 2012
Stevensville
Reviewed April 8, 2012

We stayed at the Cedars in April 2012.

I had a little glitch with the reservations. I needed three rooms for a family function and had stayed about five times in the past at the coupon rate from the Hotelcoupons.com fliers. The reservations person said that the coupons are on a "walk-in basis." They had not been on a "walk-in basis" any other time I had stayed there, but he said they could book at full rate, then adjust later if possible. I declined and then got the reservations a little cheaper than the coupon rate through Priceline.com. Anyway, the rate was a good value for the money by the time it was resolved.

Each set of occupants arrived at different times and the desk person was excellent with everyone. All three rooms were clean and comfortable with two queen-sized beds, an in-room two-cup coffee maker, fridge, and microwave. The sinks and vanities are outside the bathroom so one person can check make-up while the other showers. Very convenient. The beds were comfortable. We noticed there was no clock-radio in our room, but in these days of cell phones with alarms, it was not necessary. The cable TV had a few stations with poor signal and buzzing, but overall there were plenty of channels.

We ate breakfast at the buffet the next morning. It was well-stocked with waffles, muffins, pastries, cold cereal, biscuits and gravy, oatmeal, juice, coffee, tea, and milk. Nobody walked away hungry. It was not a Holiday Inn Express or Hampton-style breakfast, but for the price involved (about half that of Hampton or HIE), it was filling and more than adequate.

My nephew and his family used the indoor pool and spa. They were a warm, comfortable temperature and appeared very clean.

We were very impressed with the cleanliness and the value for the money at this hotel and we are very likely to use them again in the future. They earned our respect with the solid value for the modest price. They also showed that they understand what the average traveller is looking for when he visits or drives through.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mark H
Reviewed March 21, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights, and even though this isn't a 5 star hotel our experience was very delightful. The prices were very affordable, and the customer service was very much appreciated. The young man that worked the front desk was very polite, he shook mine and my husbands hand more than once and welcomed us each day we were here. Not to mention the young man was very comical, I don't think I have seen my husband laugh that hard in years. The overall experience was a 9 out of 10 and we will definitely be staying here next time we are passing through.

• Stayed February 2012
#5 of 13 in Spokane Valley
Quality Inn Valley Suites
Quality Inn Valley Suites
#8 of 13 in Spokane Valley

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!