“Clean, basic, good value for the money.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Liberty Lake
GreenLeadersSilver level
Stevensville
“Clean, basic, good value for the money.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2012

We stayed at the Cedars in April 2012.

I had a little glitch with the reservations. I needed three rooms for a family function and had stayed about five times in the past at the coupon rate from the Hotelcoupons.com fliers. The reservations person said that the coupons are on a "walk-in basis." They had not been on a "walk-in basis" any other time I had stayed there, but he said they could book at full rate, then adjust later if possible. I declined and then got the reservations a little cheaper than the coupon rate through Priceline.com. Anyway, the rate was a good value for the money by the time it was resolved.

Each set of occupants arrived at different times and the desk person was excellent with everyone. All three rooms were clean and comfortable with two queen-sized beds, an in-room two-cup coffee maker, fridge, and microwave. The sinks and vanities are outside the bathroom so one person can check make-up while the other showers. Very convenient. The beds were comfortable. We noticed there was no clock-radio in our room, but in these days of cell phones with alarms, it was not necessary. The cable TV had a few stations with poor signal and buzzing, but overall there were plenty of channels.

We ate breakfast at the buffet the next morning. It was well-stocked with waffles, muffins, pastries, cold cereal, biscuits and gravy, oatmeal, juice, coffee, tea, and milk. Nobody walked away hungry. It was not a Holiday Inn Express or Hampton-style breakfast, but for the price involved (about half that of Hampton or HIE), it was filling and more than adequate.

My nephew and his family used the indoor pool and spa. They were a warm, comfortable temperature and appeared very clean.

We were very impressed with the cleanliness and the value for the money at this hotel and we are very likely to use them again in the future. They earned our respect with the solid value for the modest price. They also showed that they understand what the average traveller is looking for when he visits or drives through.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mark H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights, and even though this isn't a 5 star hotel our experience was very delightful. The prices were very affordable, and the customer service was very much appreciated. The young man that worked the front desk was very polite, he shook mine and my husbands hand more than once and welcomed us each day we were here. Not to mention the young man was very comical, I don't think I have seen my husband laugh that hard in years. The overall experience was a 9 out of 10 and we will definitely be staying here next time we are passing through.

• Stayed February 2012
Spokane, Washington, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2011

The hotel itself is very outdated and basic, yet there is a pool, laundry, and decent breakfast. We had an in room coffee maker and fridge. While pillows and beds could use a little updating, room rates are very affordable, even for the jacuzzi suites. I LOVE their use of soap/shampoo/lotion dispensers in place of individual packaged counterparts. Ultimately the goal was for my husband and I to get away sans kids, and that goal was met.

We were a Groupon customer and I was originally disappointed with the fact that our $99 value (purchased for $49 through Groupon) standard room Groupon would in reality only save us $4 from the actual standard room rate of $53/night. I was even further upset when I called to speak with the hotel about this asking for an upgraded $89 room if one was available. We were offered a $39 upgrade fee for the $89 upgraded room ($49 groupon valued at $99 + $39.99 upgrade fee = the regular price of an upgraded $89 room :P ). Customer service at this point was not pleasant, but rather upsetting, full of excuses and not apologetic toward our disappointment.

**With that said** when we arrived at the hotel for check in, the manager decided to upgrade our room free of charge and the check in clerk had wonderful customer service skills. Immediately our view of Cedars Inn improved.

Would we stay again? Perhaps. I really wish that our initial interaction with the manager didn't end up as negative as it had, but honestly, I see Cedars Inn as a little hotel that has a lot of potential. I would imagine that if we visit Cedars Inn again, our experience would be far more positive, especially with the Groupon variable gone.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2011

Our stay was from 10/7/11 to 10/10/11 for a little get away for my wife and myself. When I called for the reservations I asked for the standard king room and told the gentleman I would really like a fridge and a microwave. I thought I'd have upgrade to an executive king to get them. To my surprise he said they could have a fridge and microwave put in the room at the standard king price. We even got a discounted price by showing our CAA membership. The staff was very friendly and bent over backwards to make our stay a great one. I would not hesitate to stay at the Cedars Inn again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank gator002
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2011

Our family stayed at the Cedars Inn 9/9/11-9/6/11 for our annual Grandparents Weekend trip to Silverwood. We “upgraded” to the family suite for $35 more per night, which was only worth it because of the extra room. Totally not worth the price though. The so-called “kitchen” had nothing in it – no dishes, no soap for sink, no sponges, no towels, nothing! It was basically an open space with some empty cupboards and a dorm size fridge. Everything in our suite was FILTHY. All of the chairs were stained, the TVs were coated in dust, the counters were dirty and the carpet was disgusting. Our toilet broke after the first day and we had 3 very tiny “bath” towels. Not to mention, there was no shampoo left in the bath and the AC made a horrible noise the entire time. Back to the towels… the towels were hardly towels. They were the size of gym towels, totally thin, see through, and falling apart. I was not going to complain about our stay because the staff was friendly, BUT my credit card was charged $8.00 after we left. When I called asking about the charge, I was told it was due to “stained linens.” Really? I have never heard such a thing and unfortunately since this charge took place after we left, I cannot prove that we didn’t stain the towels. The towels were absolutely disgusting and I remember reading the sign about reusing them if you choose to. I can understand this if staying in a hotel with nice towels, but these were rags. The towels were so thin and inadequate, there was no way to reuse a rag. I was extremely upset over this charge and sent formal complaint to hotel management and never got a single response back. In addition, they have handwritten sign on the pool door stating that kids can’t be in the pool after 10PM. They don’t even have a clock inside the pool area or anywhere within viewing distance to be able to tell what time it is. Really? How about making a professional sign rather than something handwritten, and provide a $5 clock from Wal Mart so people know what time it is. Management seriously needs to look at the entire hotel and make some changes. I travel all the time for work and while Cedars Inn is no Hilton or Westin, there are certain expectations that come when you stay at any hotel… clean room, decent towels (the worst I have ever seen of any hotel) and adequate amenities. The $8 charge to my card was completely unacceptable. Lesson learned – I should have complained about everything at the time but chose not to, and make the most out of our annual family trip to Silverwood. We will return to the beautiful AmeriTel in Idaho next year. I will be sure to tell EVERYONE I know NOT to stay at the Cedars Inn at Liberty Lake. I purchased part of our stay on Groupon so if you ever see “Cedars Inn” on any deal site, do not bite! Worst hotel ever!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Cheryl L
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2011

We stayed at the Cedars Inn for one night on a family road trip. We used a coupon (from one of those gas station booklets one can pick up along the highway) to get a very reasonable rate. The room was great, the pool was nice, and everything was very clean and pleasant. The staff was courteous and helpful and the surrounding area was quiet with a grocery store and a few fast food places just a few blocks away.

It is a good deal and a nice place to stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Doug W
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2011

We got to the hotel and we found out, our room that we had specifically for a queen and a rollout, had been given away and we were given a room with a king size bed, and no other places to sleep with four people in the same room. We also found bugs around the bathtub and we called the front desk and asked them to spray, she sighed and said that they had just had the exterminator in. 8p The beds were also scratchy and rock hard.

• Stayed August 2011
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#1 of 5 in Post Falls
Hampton Inn & Suites Spokane Valley

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!