TripAdvisor
Leavenworth
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews porch swing kingfisher room watching the wildlife heated floors decorated for fall leather chairs bed and breakfast family style every morning b bs quiche the main lodge breakfast was delicious close to town yogurt romantic getaway the location is perfect
Selected filters
Reviewed March 5, 2017

We found Run of the River by doing a search for elopement in Washington. We had never been there before and I am so very glad we took the chance.
Every detail is thought of. We were simply blown away by the room, the amenities, the view!!! We stayed in the Enchantments suite and I honestly could have stayed longer.
My now husband and I got married on the back deck with the most breathtaking backdrop covered in snow. Thank you to Steve and Jan for clearing off the deck for us to stand outside. I couldn't have asked for more. They helped make our day one we will not forget.
The package included two nights in a wonderfully cozy and romantic room/setting, an officiant, photographer, flowers, champagne. Everything we needed really. While we were getting pics, they provided us with some little surprises which I will keep to myself.
I can't say enough about our stay... we are already booked to go back for our one year anniversary. And we cannot wait.

2  Thank keelyjhope
Janna B, Owner at Run of the River, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2017

Your elopement was spectacular, and we are always pleased when newlyweds choose to come stay again for their anniversary. We wish you a long and happy marriage!

Reviewed February 27, 2017

We stayed Sat and Sun and I didn't want to leave! This was my second trip and it didn't disappoint. Every single detail is taken care of, and you instantly relax upon pulling up in the driveway to the Inn. The rooms are luxurious and rustic chic. The wrap around porch was amazing, and we spent time out there sitting and watching the wildlife. Beautiful location and extremely close to downtown Leavenworth. The staff is wonderful- very warm and inviting. Had a great conversation with owners, who go out of their way to make sure everyone enjoys themselves. I will be returning here as often as I can. Truly, the best place to stay in Leavenworth.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

We love to hear from guests about how they begin to feel relaxed just coming down the driveway ... we are pleased that your stays have been just what you were looking for!

Reviewed February 14, 2017 via mobile

My husband surprised me with a Valentines get away! This was a returning trip for us staying in the Ravenwood Lodge! If you can pay a little more for this "home" of your own do so! The rest of the rooms are amazing too as we toured them for upcoming plans for friends and family group get always! But there's something about being in a perfectly clean, amazing place of your own with privacy for that romance.

My favorite things were the perfectly kept Ravenwood lodge, the seed to feed the birds with, the amazing breakfasts delivered to us (You don't eat with all the other guests when you stay in this oasis.), the owners new puppy which we wanted to capture and keep with us, the son and daughter in law of the owners (nicest people ever), the little touches that make this place what it is, the hot tub, the snacks provided, the cozy fireplace, the view and my list can just go on and in!

As far as meeting your requests and listening to your needs, they are quick to serve. We requested the snow to our hot tub be shoveled. They were on it before we returned from town! The owners son did an amazing job! Thankful!

We will come back as long as this place is here!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

We are so pleased you were able to experience Ravenwood Lodge for your special trip - and Nellie can't wait to see you again! Don't wait too long, she is growing quickly!

Reviewed February 14, 2017 via mobile

Run of the River is truly in rare company! The attention to detail, quality amenities and customer service rivals, and often exceeds, the finest resorts in the world!

Four seasons, SPG, Grand Hyatt, Marriott could all learn s thing or two from the hosts at Run of the river! We feel relaxed and at home here while our every need and want are catered too even before we think to ask. Our breakfasts were amazing and our cabin immaculate, cozy and luxurious!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for the kind words, Paul. We appreciate the comparison to those other properties, and are pleased that you feel comfortable here with us!

Reviewed January 12, 2017

My wife first found Run of the River by doing a random search online for B&Bs in the state of Washington. The website provided a lot of useful information and the pictures were inviting. We have since been back to RotR a few times. We have stayed in Ravenwood, and a couple of the rooms in the main building. The property is more idyllic and peaceful than the pictures show. Jan and Steve are very gracious and friendly hosts and the breakfasts are scrumptious. Jan is always willing to accommodate dietary restrictions and other requests. We can't imagine going to any other B&B in the area.

Room tip: If in doubt, call and speak with Jan.
Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Janna B, Manager at Run of the River, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2017

Thank you for the kind words! We are pleased you found us, and are happy to provide stupendous service, and look forward to seeing you again soon. The ducklings should be appearing in the refuge before long!