“First rate hospitality”

Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Leavenworth
Jackson, Mississippi
“First rate hospitality”
Reviewed February 1, 2009

The owners of this hotel are gifted hosts and pull out all the stops to make your stay memorable. They provide hands-on service including a fabulous german-style breakfast, an around-the-clock coffee/tea/hot chocolate bar, and even made us snacks for a night of card playing in their breakfast room (which they opened especially for our party.)
My family and I stayed in the pension for a wekend wedding that was also held on the grounds. The rooms are beautiful and spacious and the service could not be more personalized or better! It was the perfect venue for a intimate wedding. I highly recommend a stay. We plan to go back ourselves!

• Liked — personal attention and spacious rooms
  • Disliked — I can't say. I was totally pleased.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank bkwmjhp

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Hill AFB
Reviewed January 31, 2009

Wonderful stay. The owners were gracious and very attentive. We were surprised at how large the rooms were. The bathrooms were also large, which is unusual for hotels. In addition to a large dining/common area that was at our disposal, there was also a large kitchen. Breakfast was lovely and fresh and had a lot of variety. The hotel was Bavarian in theme, but was not tacky. It was beautifully decorated. It was right next to the shopping areas and restaurants, and we walked everywhere from the hotel without any inconvenience. Best of all, we did not hear a sound from any of our neighbors the whole time that we were there. I would definitely recommend this hotel, and I would definitely go back to this hotel without ever looking around at other hotels in the area.

• Liked — The comfortable surroundings and how easy the staff made things.
  • Disliked — the small parking lot
  • Stayed January 2009
1 Thank mommajeni
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed January 31, 2009

I had the pleasure of staying at Hotel Pension Anna during January 2009. My brother was getting married, and he and his fiance reserved the entire hotel for family members. My daughter and I stayed in the Inntal room, which was quite spacious, with two comfortable beds (and I'm picky about beds!), a small desk, a wardrobe, and an entertainment center. Plenty of drawers and space to unpack our belongings. There was also a very large bathroom. The furnishings were of beautifully carved wood; they reminded me of the furniture in the Goldilocks and the Three Bears story. Lovely. All the rooms I saw were very nice, and each kept with the German village theme. The owners, Gary and Michele, were so incredibly polite and accommodating, as were their employees. Since the wedding party/family had rented the entire hotel, they were kind enough to allow our families to use the breakfast room to play games at night. They even made us a beautiful, pastry-wrapped, baked brie one night for us to munch on. Speaking of food, breakfast was fantastic, with homemade coffee cake, natural granola, yogurt, fruit, rolls and pastries from a local bakery, hard- or soft-boiled eggs (served with cute knitted egg warmers) coffee, and orange or apple juice. The hotel is within a short walking distance of all the best streets in town. My daughter and I enjoyed our stay so much, we plan on returning with my husband, who sadly missed his flight. I would recommend this hotel to absolutely anyone! (Okay, maybe not to terribly mean people, as the owners don't deserve you, but nice people looking for a convenient location, beautiful rooms, and fantastic service--stay at the Hotel Pension Anna. You won't regret it!)

• Liked — Service
  • Stayed January 2009
1 Thank bookwormchocoholic
Illinois
Reviewed January 28, 2009

Will certainly come again----VERY clean, homey, friendly and helpful staff---- The entire pension was rented out for a family wedding------perfect for socializing, yet having private time too. Michelle, Gary and staff went way out of their way to help with all the wedding details and extras. We felt so pampered and special. Breakfasts were delicious and plentiful and relaxing--with lots of food choices. Each room was unique, with personal heating and cooling, with the European flavor. This was by far the best experience ever in a hotel or inn. --and the cleanest, too! We give it an A+++

• Liked — Very, very clean-------great staff
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank themandusillinois
enumclaw
Reviewed January 18, 2009

I cant tell you enough about this Pension. It was FABULOUS! Probably the most authentic and cleanest hotel in all of Leavenworth....and most friendliest too! I have stayed here numerous times and was never disappointed.

Stayed December 2008
1 Thank Grammymammay
Renton, WA
Reviewed January 14, 2009

My family stayed in a their room which was renovated from a chapel. The room was charming, clean, and spacious. Must warn you that it was a renovated old chapel and the floors were sqeaky and not to mention the parking lot was right next to our bedroom. We could hear all conversations and also road traffic with snow plows and trash being picked up.
Our main problem was we had a toddler with us and we felt unwelcomed. I'm not sure if it was because of my toddler. Our morning breakfast with just fine. No one talked to us compared to our other conversations going on there and our previous stays at other B&B's.
The next morning at breakfast my toddler was finished eating and was being carried by my husband when the gentlemen started cleaning under her high chair and placed the scraps on my plate. Which I wasn't done eating.
Our stay was unexpectedly lengthened due to the snow and we were not staying there one more night. With the assistance of the two ladieds they really could not recommend other places because they did not know anything about them. Come on you are running a business and there are three places next door to you and you know nothing as to: price, cleanliness, or service. Needless to say they did call one hotel for me which I had to ask them for the number and only then did she offer to call.
It was a lovely room but it was noisy and the service was just "cold".

• Liked — Spacious room
  • Disliked — Unfriendly service
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
5 Thank holimatsu
Portland, Or
Reviewed January 4, 2009

Very friendly hotel in the center of town. The staff makes you right feel at home!

• Liked — Staff
  • Disliked — Hotel was not as "rustic" as we thought it was going to be. It was built in the 1980's
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple