“Most Authentic German B&B” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Pension Anna

Hotel Pension Anna
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Leavenworth
TX
“Most Authentic German B&B”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2008

Pension Anna was very authentic - down to every detail in the building, furnishings, decor and even the dress of the staff. We've stayed in many B&Bs in Germany and this one really matched in authenticity and service. It was really fun to relive Germany while in Leavenworth and staying at the Hotel-Pension Anna.

• Liked — it felt like we were back in Germany
1 Thank shbTx

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Redmond, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2008

Our hotel was wonderful for the price. The hosts were amazing and the price was very reasonable. We had our 8 month old with us, and they were very accomodating, helping us find the right room via email. The room was sparce but very clean. The only "problem" was loud plumbing. Honestly, not a big deal to us.

***Side note***Most of Leavenworth is aging and ambiance everywhere is suffering. There was a lot of construction. I think they are tearing up the roads in order to put down cobblestone, and I think there is a large scale intiative to spruce up the town.

I would stay there again if only to see our hosts, who treated us like old friends. However, I would probably check out an Icicle Creek cabin or something similar for the next time.

• Liked — Our hosts
  • Disliked — Loud Plumbing
1 Thank kimseystation
Fort Worth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2008

We really liked our stay here, but if I was back in Leavenworth I would probably try something else out.

Breakfast: They say it's authentic. It was unique, but I really want more than boiled eggs and cold cereal for breakfast. I'm glad I had the experience. Also, I didn't like waiting until 8 to eat. I'm 2 time zones away from home. I'm ready to eat breakfast much earlier and get started on all there is to see and do in and around Leavenworth.

Rooms: Excellent. Great furniture. Very clean. Not cookie-cutter. If I was travelling with a family or a group, I'd try out the room at the church.

Staff: Very nice. Everyone really seems to enjoy their job. The new owners had just taken over in January and seemed glad to be there. The new owners didn't really seem like innkeepers; they seemed more like investors dressed in Bavarian clothing to me. That's probably just my opinion, and I hate to say it about such nice people. They were still learning everything then so they did make a few mistakes.

Other: Don't count on the wifi. I asked the owner how to connect, and he gave me the information. He then told me that I was better off using the wifi from the property next door. He was right. I lost my connection multiple times. I don't remember whose wifi I was using, but if you have to refer your guests to someone else's wifi then you shouldn't advertise that you have wifi.

Overall, it was a great place, but I walked around town and saw some other places that I'd like to try out if I come back.

• Liked — Unique accommodations and breakfast
  • Disliked — Breakfast and wifi
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank mrjanto
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2008

This was our second time staying at the Solstice Suites. The rooms are very large and very comfortable. The facility is located just a block off main street and is the best place in town!

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2008

A friendly, clean and well located Inn. Wonderful breakfast and stay. Good Value for money too.

• Liked — breakfast
Anacortes, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2008

Upon arrival we were greeted enthusiastically despite arriving nearly three hours before the 3 pm check-in. We were welcomed and graciously escorted to our rooms. We had reserved two rooms, the Chapel Nook and the Pinzgau Room. The Chapel Nook is separate from the main building and is part of a converted church. Our host invited us to see several other rooms. All rooms were uniquely furnished and it is only a matter of personal taste as to which is best for your stay. You don't need to reserve a balcony room to enjoy a balcony. There is a lovely common balcony, as well as a small library sitting room. The rooms and other areas were immaculate and decorated in the bavarian style. The beds were very comfortable. The owner, Gary, was most helpful in providing us with dining recommendations and was very knowledgeable on the history of the town.

A delicious continental style buffet breakfast is served at 8 AM, consisting of cold meat, cheeses, cereal, fruit, yogurt, soft or hard boiled eggs and fresh baked coffee cake, coffee, and juice. Coffee was available at 7AM for early risers. If you need food before 8 AM there is a Starbucks a couple of blocks west.

I managed to leave my favorite Land's End fleece top at the Pension. Upon returning home, I called and they kindly offered to just mail it to me even though I was willing to pay to have it sent by fedex.

All in all, an excellent stay. I would certainly stay there again on our next trip and highly recommend it to others. They have an excellent website. I reviewed the pictures and description of each room prior to calling them for reservations.

• Liked — Friendliness of the owners and staff
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank pmccunn
Salem Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2008

My sister and I stayed at the Hotel Pension for two nights and had a great time. The owners, Michele and Gary, were very knowledgeable about the area and were very easy to talk with . The Pension is filled with old world antiques, has charming bedrooms, and a lovely breakfast room. We loved the beds and comforters, and the spaciousness of the rooms. In the morning we came down to a wonderful breakfast and conversation with the owners. We felt like we were staying with family. It was a wonderful "Bavarian" experiance.

• Liked — the authitic feel and the owners
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Graet