“Best place in Leavenworth”
Review of Abendblume

Abendblume
Ranked #5 of 21 Leavenworth B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 10, 2007

We travel for a living and so we spend about 6 months of the year in hotels, bed and breakfasts, guest houses etc. and this is one of the finest stays we have had anywhere in the world. From our welcome to our departure we felt like guests in a good friends home. Lovely room, great breakfast and a beautiful home all at your disposal...what more could anybody ask? We have stayed in several places in Leavenworth but Abendblume is the best!

Shannon McDonald Tate
Marion Manuel Tores
Scottish Dream Tours

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ScottishDreamTours

Reviewed June 17, 2007

We were in Leavenworth for just one night mid-week in early June 2007, and were lucky enough to stay at the beautiful and peaceful Abendblume Inn on the outskirts of town. This is a very special b&b. Renee and Randy genuinely care about the comfort of their guests, and have worked hard to replicate a European pension experience. The gorgeous grounds, mountain views, lovely room, balcony, feather bed and duvet, wonderful breakfast, and helpful owners all combined to make our short stay totally delightful. All in all, a truly relaxing experience.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank delphi82
Reviewed February 4, 2007

I agree pretty much with what the others say, but I have a few tips.

First, we had emailed them about reservations, but they did not respond, so I reccomend calling them instead. I had tried to email them during the holidays, and pehaps they were closed and that is why they did not respond, but to be safe, call.

If you use the outdoor hot tub in the winter, please tell them first, as they need to turn on the heater for it. It takes about 30 minutes or so to heat it up.

There were a pair of his and her snowshoes available for usage. I did not know that from their website or other reviews. There is a free snowshoe trail at the Icicle River Course where they also cross country ski, and at the Waterfront Park. You have to pay if you go to the ski hill area.

The showers are really nice, not only two showers at 90 degree angles from each other, but also four faucets on either side of the shower area about 2 and 4 feet off the ground, so you can be hit by 6 streams at once.

There was a CD that they had made that was in the CD player in the room, very nice, though of course you can play your own too.

If you have and use the jetted tub in the room, go easy on the bubble bath. I have a jetted tub at home and I already knew, but it does not take much bubble bath in a jetted tub to create a real mess.

Feed the goats, they are used to being fed by the guests.

They remembered my dietary preferences when they made the breakfast casserole. Apparantly my wife told them about it when she called, so I was impressed by that.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Brian_in_Leavenworth
Reviewed January 12, 2007

My husband and I stayed here for our 6th wedding anniversary. This was an incredible stay. we stayed in the Tannenbaum room and it was more beautiful than I ever imagined it would be. It was extremely romantic! It had two fire places, a huge shower, and an amazing jacuzzi. winter in leavenworth is worth the trip and I would go again in a heartbeat. You will love the breakfast and the french pressed coffee in the morning. the staff is very friendly and helpfull. The best part was after suffering from fertility problems for years......9 months after our stay our beautiful daughter was born. There is something to be said about total relaxation and romance. I highly recommend this place! :)

• Stayed: January 2006, traveled as a couple
4  Thank mommysangel
Reviewed December 30, 2006

My husband and I have been staying at Abendblume for the last 10 years. It is by far the best B&B we have ever stayed at. The hosts are very kind and attentive. The rooms are amazing, the views are amazing and the breakfast is amazing! Abendblume is a very romantic place to be. I won't stay anywhere else in Leavenworth. It is everything you would ever want and more in a B&B. I highly recommend Ablendblume!!

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank owdlh
Reviewed October 10, 2005

What a great experience!. We found ourselves feeling back in the Austrian Alps during our just three days at the Alpenblume. We had a great room, the "Tannenbaum," but we got a chance to see several of the others during our stay, and you won't be disappointed with any of them. If you like Austrian or German "Chalet" construction, this is the place, because so much of it was crafted by hand by "Randy,", the man of the house. I just love fine handcrafted woodwork. If you like authentic German and Austrian decorations and artistic touches, that's from Renee, his wife. And if you want the most authentic, and in my opinion, the best I have ever had true "fruestueck" breakfasts in the States, made just right, you can do no better than what Renee and her helper will put before you. Just outstanding. On at least two days, (or was it all three?), I had to skip lunch, because the breakfasts were so substantial and so good!. (We have stayed in at least 20 great pensions in the German and Austrian Alps over the years, and this would be among the best.)

Even without the "Oktoberfest" celebrations in the town on our early October weekend visit to Leavenworth, our opinion of this outstanding (I know, I said it again) authentic Pension would not waiver. Gemuetlichkeit is what is in store at the Abendblume. Check out their website at Abendblume.com, or info on them on Frommers.com, and decide for yourself. This was a great ending to our two+ weeks in Washington State.
I highly recommend the Abendblume to everyone.

• Stayed: October 2005
5  Thank vanhorst
A TripAdvisor Member
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed March 10, 2005

We had such a wonderful stay at your little piece of heaven. Our
room "Sleeping Beauty" was a room you dream about - a breathtaking view, a wood burning fireplace, a bed fit for a queen, the shower, tub.... and on and on. Thank you for your hospitality, for the delicious breakfasts and evening cake and coffee. The blazing fire in the sitting room, the jacuzzi tub and all your special touches make your B&B an unforgettable stay.
This is without a doubt one of the most romantic, cozy and charming places I've ever stayed.

Thank you so much.