“One of the best places I have ever stayed.”
Review of Abendblume

Abendblume
Ranked #4 of 22 Leavenworth B&B and Inns
Seattle, Washington, United States
“One of the best places I have ever stayed.”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

My wife and I have traveled all over the world and stayed in many beautiful places. This accommodation ranks among the very best. The rooms were unique and incredbily beautiful. While there is a lot to do in the town of Leavenworth, we chose to spend a majority of our time in our room or the common areas because they provided such a great place to relax, read, enjoy, and savour the comfort of being at Albendblume. Stay here and you won't regret it. Good food, incredible warm and friendly hosts, etc.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michael D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

Everything about Abendblume is absolutely incredible! Rene and Randy are warm, attentive hosts that go far out of their way to insure that their guests are comfortable. We just spent the last three nights in Dornroschen and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of our stay. The house and country setting are beautiful, their Christmas decorations breathtaking and the food superb! We really enjoyed walking to Front Street and back in the snow! Can't wait to go back!

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed December 10, 2012

My German mother's 85th birthday wish was to spend the weekend in Leavenworth with my sister and I. When I saw the Abendblume online I was so excited. It looked like a fairy tale. I immediately made a reservation. I spoke with Becky and told her about this special occasion. When we arrived, I was thrilled that it lived up to everything on the website and was even better. Driving up from Seattle we felt as though be had landed in the Bavarian countryside after only 2 hours. We were welcomed by Becky's sister Renee. She told us about the place and how her father had built it. The entry is just stunning with a beautiful winding staircase. We stayed in the Kitzbuhel room on the ground floor to accommodate my mother better. It was lovely and cozy with a King bed and a Murphey bed. It was snug but the 3 of us felt like teenage girls having a slumber party. Nothing could top the morning breakfast. On our reserved table was a vase of flowers with a birthday balloon and note for my mom from the establishment. Ebel Skivers were brought to the table in a cast iron dish with candles for my mom to blow out. The grounds are lovely with chickens, a goat, a horse, a mule and best of all "Jackson" a snow lab. My mom loves dogs and his sleeping area was right outside our room. On the second morning we were treated to the mellow tones of the giant Alpen Horn played by the hostesses' father. From the time we checked in to our too soon departure we were treated royally. In her 85 years, my mom could honestly say this was her best birthday ever.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Claudia S
Richmond, Rhode Island
Reviewed October 14, 2012

If you've never been to Leavenworth, or the Abendblume, just imagine: you're standing in a place of incredible beauty, with rugged hills wrapped around you, the occasional sounds of chickens and horses punctuating the quiet, behind you a beautiful Bavarian-themed inn whose colorful flowers in window boxes whisper in the wind, "Come in." Or, if you prefer, "Komm herein." For lovers of German culture, architecture and cuisine, this is about as good as it gets without crossing the Atlantic.

My partner and I stayed here for four nights in September to celebrate our seventh anniversary. We were greeted upon arrival by the owner's sister, Becky, who explained that her sister was away on vacation. Now we've had a few strange experiences before with "substitute" innkeepers, but this, thankfully, was not one of them. Becky was simply amazing, from her having graciously arranged for a bottle of wine and flowers from the inn's gardens to be waiting in our room, to the delicious breakfasts she prepared each morning, to her genuine interest in our plans each day.

The Abendblume was clearly built with a lot of love. It is elegant, yet cozy and unpretentious. It would be hard not to feel at home here. We stayed in the Rosengarten room, which afforded us a delightful view of the sunrise each morning over the fields and hills. Unfortunately we were there when the smoke from nearby wildfires had descended pretty heavily on Leavenworth, but if there was one benefit from the smoke, it was that those sunrises were absolutely stunning.

Breakfast was what you might find in Germany: an array of meats, cheeses, breads and eggs, with one hot addition each morning. One day it was what I think Becky referred to as Danish pancakes, although to me they looked like apple fritters. In any case, they were delicious! Another day it was an omelet that was so good we had to have seconds.

We made a habit each morning after breakfast of feeding the resident goat, Shorty, and the chickens. The inn encouraged this practice by keeping a container of food labeled "For Shorty and the girls" by the front door. They were absolutely charming. By the end of our stay, we wanted to take Shorty home with us!

The Abendblume is located a bit off the beaten path, but that was a benefit as far as we were concerned. It was quiet there both day and night, and one morning we were able to take the inn's tandem bicycle for a spin to the nearby ski hill, without having to worry about traffic. The ski area offers some nice hiking as well.

Congratulations to owner Renee for having created such a beautiful place. We hope to return someday to this most wonderful retreat.

1 Thank wanderer26
British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed October 10, 2012

A fabulous place to stay. The house is well maintained and decorated in true Bavarian style. The bedrooms were all wonderful, and are reasonably priced. We stayed in the Kitzbuhel which is on the ground floor,close to the breakfast room. The beds were very comfortable with individual feather duvets, very European! The well maintained hot tub is set in a garden setting overlooking open fields with the mountains all around. Renee is a wonderful hostess, who looks after your every need. She has lived there all her life and is very knowledgable about Leavenworth. She puts out a fabulous breakfast with a good variety of food, which would satisfy everyone. We stayed just before Oktoberfest, but it's always peaceful and quiet a mile away.
We really had a great stay and met some nice folks from Everett. Looking forward to a return visit.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Belton, Missouri
Reviewed October 8, 2012

This is the third time we have been at this B&B and it has always been top notch. This time we were greeted by Becky Renee's sister. Graciousness and charm definitely run in the family. She took care of everything for check in and the goodies the first night and first mornings breakfast. What a delightful smile to see at breakfast. Renee had been away on a well deserved time off but came back the second day of our stay. It was at the time the fires and smoke were really thick and her first words after a big hug were "Oh I am so sorry about the smoke" Goodness she had thought to make everything else perfect but just couldn't change that. Abendblume is everything that the other reviewers have said and then some. You just have to see it for yourself.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My wife and I spent our one year anniversary at Abendblume. It seems to me the ideal place to stay in Leavenworth. It is located on a beautiful plot of land less than a mile from town - perfect walking distance from all the excitement, but removed enough to offer tranquil and scenic relaxation. Our room was phenomenal, complete with a cozy bed, gorgeous porch, five-headed shower, and jacuzzi! We were fortunate enough to get a free upgrade after another couple had canceled their reservation, but every room in this place is amazing. Renee was a fantastic host. Breakfast and dessert (served nightly from 7-10p) were mouth-watering. Among the best B&B experiences we've had. And I suspect we won't ever look elsewhere when visiting Leavenworth.