“Very Disappointed”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Atmosphere was great, wait staff was great, food...........NOT so great! I've eaten here every time I've come to Leavenworth, but THIS TIME was a terrible disapoinment! There were 8 in my group. 5 of us were not happy with our meal, it was tasteless! The rice that came with my sauteed prawns was soooo salty I couldn't eat it but they did replace it with a potato pancake which was just "ok". 4 of my guests ordered the Schnitzel, which THEY said was terribly dry, and we all thought it "tacky" to serve the side dishes in little plastic cups!

Maybe we just picked an off night for the cook in charge - but.......for 5 of 8 people to remark negatively about the food, there is SOMETHING to pay attention to there!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

The service was lousy. We had to wait and wait for anything - for our order to be taken, for our food to be brought, for the check to be brought, for our card to be processed and returned. (The waitress actually walked around the dining room for nearly 10 minutes carrying the check folder with our card in her apron pocket. I was watching her face when she HAPPENED to put her hand in her apron pocket for something else and rediscovered the folder. OOPS, oh, my. Off she headed to the register and we finally were able to get out of there. How VERY unprofessional!!!) Our water glasses were never refilled, dirty dishes were never removed. There was never an apology for the slow service. The none-too-large dining room was not full and there were two waitresses and a couple of buspersons working, so we could see no reason for such poor service. The food was only so-so. (I had a Cobb salad, which is kind of hard to mess up; my spouse had the jaeger schnitzel, which had so much breading that you couldn't tell there was meat.) This meal was the only time and money we felt we wasted in our entire visit!

1  Thank rpsjaasen
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We both had Schnitzel (one Wiener, one Jaeger) which came with a potato pancake, applesauce and red cabbage. There was a lot of veal and it was quite tasty. The sides were good but were served in little plastic cups, like a fast food joint. How about just putting them on the plate? The wine list at the table was out of date and quite worn/ripped. The waiter was new to serving, having been a bartender there, but was helpful in offering wine choices and did a credible job as a waiter. The inn/restaurant is one of the oldest buildings in town so quite interesting for that. The Tumwater was good but I think there are better dining options in town.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Love the decor of the Tumwater Inn Restaurant and courtesy and friendliness of the staff. Have never been unhappy with the service or the meal selections.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

A recommended place to eat by several local residents, but our meals were tasteless. A couple of schnitzels, that you expect to be worth while getting into because you are in Leavenworth, the "Bavarian" town in Washington State. "Don't forget to have the mushroom gravy", we were told. It did not help the taste of the food; very bland. There are many restaurants in town, leave this one off your list.

1  Thank Surreywalt