“Great wine”

Kestrel Vintners Tasting Room and Gift Shop
Ranked #21 of 55 things to do in Leavenworth
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Kestrel Tasting Room has all Kestrel Wines available for purchase, that's 26 different varieties! We offer wine tastings starting from $5 for five wines. Our gift shop includes all kinds of wine related items, perfect for gifts or reminders of your trip to Leavenworth. Come in and see us on your next trip!
Reviewed August 17, 2015 via mobile

We visit Kestrel most times we go to Leavenworth and are rarely disappointed. This time we did a wine tasting and not only were they all delicious, they had specials when you purchased three bottles. Their Sangiovese was wonderful and we were happy to come home with some. My husband is not a huge wine drinker and I'm a novice when it comes to knowing wine, so the young lady behind the counter was very polite in explaining each of the pours. She was very sweet and patient, especially since we had three young children in tow with our group.

1  Thank eatsnacklove

Reviewed August 15, 2015

We hadn't been in Leavenworth in quite a few years, so we decided to drive through on our way back to western Washington from a weekend trip to the Gorge Amphitheater. First of all, we were glad we got there early for the town traffic, but we were really happy we decided to return home via Cle Elum and I-90 instead of Highway 2. As we left town late Sunday afternoon the lineup to get into Leavenworth was miles long!

We were surprised how many wine tasting rooms had been added among the candy and souvenir shops. We kept walking by the tasting rooms until we saw Kestrel and we couldn't resist. Kestrel wines became one of our favorite Washington wines after we stopped by their winery in the Yakima Valley on one of our wine-tasting jaunts.

The wine tasting room in Leavenworth is good-sized with a cozy atmosphere, and the staff is relaxed, friendly and helpful. They had a good price on a case of Red Lady, so we bought it, which we just left there and picked it up on our way out of town. Glad we ran across it on our walk through town!

2  Thank TravelingFan22
Reviewed July 6, 2015

I'm not a wine drinker. I've never really cared for the taste of wine...red or white although I have continued to go to tastings and can now "tolerate" a small amount at a time. My 4 daughters heard I was going to Leavenworth, WA and having previously been there, they told me I had to go to Kestrel's and try their wine slushies, so I did. My friend and I ordered a small red and a small white and then split them. I downed mine so fast I nearly had brain-freeze. They are both DELISH! We asked what time they opened the next day & were told 11:00. We were there by 11:20 and we each ordered a large...my friend got the red and I got the white. We stopped in again that evening before they closed for another one, each. With the weather outside in the 100s, they were SO refreshing. Kestrel's will definitely be on my "must do" list each and every time I head to or through Leavenworth, WA.

Reviewed June 21, 2015

I have been here numerous times and the service is always fun and informative. Sue, the manager is refreshingly zany and always makes us smile! The wine, without question is my favorite of any tasting room in Leavenworth.

1  Thank danie206