“Terrible Customer Service”
Review of Osprey Rafting

Osprey Rafting
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Osprey Rafting Company is the only local company that offers class 4 rapids in their private High Adventure put in on the Wenatchee River in Leavenworth Washington. Osprey’s professional and experienced guides have years of river experience. We’ve been Leavenworth’s hometown rafting company for over 20 yrs.(est. in 1991) and take great pride in supporting our local community. Rent Paddle Boards, Kayaks and tubes from our Osprey Paddle Shack. Book your white water rafting adventure on the Wenatchee River today!
Redmond
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Terrible Customer Service”
Reviewed August 11, 2008

Arrived early before scheduled time to go tubing 3 adults and 3 children, rented tubes and kayaks since the kids didn't want to be in the cold water the entire time. Waited around for about 30 minutes with no instructions other than to wait for the shuttle. Then when the shuttle arrived it was not only late but hurry up and go....barely able to get on the correct life vests for each child. Then we were guided into the water, had to go back and ask for paddles for the kayak since they were so unorganized and in a hurry they neglected to give us any before we left on the shuttle. Then were told that we couldn't have 2 children in a kayak and we had to change those out for tubes. I had already disclosed to them and asked them if it was okay and SAFE to have the children in a kayak, and the 12 year old looking employee that was helping me at the time said "yes" after she spoke with her manager. In the end it took us about another 30 minutes to get in the water which left us no time to stop and explore, you are allowed an hour and a half to meet at the pick up spot and it takes around an hour without stopping to get there. The staff helping us in the water however were extremely nice and apologetic. Afterwards I went to the manager to tell her how I felt about the whole experience and she was very rude and didn't seem to care much. I would not recommend this company and will not be using them again.

4 Thank VickyMag

St. Louis, Missouri
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 94 helpful votes
“An amazing experience”
Reviewed July 23, 2008

I'd wanted to go river rafting ever since I saw rafts forging their way down a river four years ago during a vacation in Colorado. When I decided that my 10-year-old son and I would go river rafting on the Wenatchee, I discovered many different companies operating at the area. I chose Osprey's Main Event mainly because of its location (met at their store in Leavenworth) and because of the timing of the trip, which started at 9 a.m. and ended at about 2:30 p.m., leaving us time in the afternoon to enjoy Leavenworth.
My son and I had an awesome, amazing time on the river rafting trip! It's one of the most memorable and fun things I've ever done while on vacation.
I'm not a great swimmer and I had never gone river rafting before so I was somewhat nervous to go. On top of that, my son also had never river rafted. Ryan was our guide and he was a lot of fun, but he also obviously knew what he was doing so I felt safe.
There were no unexpected costs. Osprey provided personal floation devices, water shoes, the rafts, paddles and the guides.
After floating down the river, through some really cool rapids, we landed at their own permanent picnic area, which is in an orchard just downriver from Cashmere. They had a barbecue with the usual barbecue fare (burgers, hot dogs, potato salad, baked beans, chips and salsa). It all tasted really good. Then they showed us a slide show of photos that they took during our trip. It was fun to see ourselves as we hit the waves.
I bought the CD that included all the photos. (It was a pricey $54, but worth it to me).
I highly recommend Osprey for river rafting in Washington.

1 Thank eskiedogs
Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Best Rafting in the Northwest, Osprey Rafting”
Reviewed July 19, 2007

Our family has rafted before, but we never had as much fun as we did on the Wenatchee River with Osprey Rafting Co. There are quite a few rafting outfits in the Leavenworth area, but they are not as good as Osprey.
We did the high adventure and were not disappointed. Our guides name was Mitch, if your have the chance, request him for your guide, he is incredibly patient, and awesome at giving instructions. Our favorite memory is when Mitch took us through the rapid named "Fuzzy Bunny". He did what the guides call a "bus stop", incredible! When you book your trip, ask Mitch what that is!

3 Thank quilter6