“So many nutcrackers” 4 of 5 bubbles

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“So many nutcrackers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

Love nutcrackers and love this place. Hours aren't the best but well worth it. Only thing is they don't tell you they sell nutcrackers to help support the museum. See if there is something there before heading to the store streetside.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank kidtaxi987

Salem, Oregon
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Pretty Cool”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

The museum was an amazing collection of nutcrackers dating as far back as 1600. The museum was only $3 for adults which was the only good deal we found in Leavenworth.

As for Leavenworth, I had been wanting to visit there for years. Finally we planned a trip there and went. I did my research on places to eat and things to do as I always do. I was suprised that there was so little to do in such a touristy town Other than eat and look in shops. Yea, I know there's a theater, and skiing, but that's not my thing. I would have gone to the theater but the price was high and the tickets sell out way in advance.

We spent about 45 minutes driving in circles in the town on a Monday in August looking for a place to park. We went to the second highest rated restaurant in town and it was a disappointing tourist restaurant. When we got back to Vancouver Wa. we went to Gustov's and ate real German food that was excellent at half the price. We walked through the 1000 little shops looking at overpriced trinkets. We even tried to buy a big prenzel and decided not to get ripped off for $4 for each prenzel.. My assessment: If your a high maintenance trophy wife who loves to spend your husbands money on overprice junk that will end up in the garage on day you'll love Leavenworth. Heck we even saw a music box for $18,999. Leavenworth reminded me of Cannon Beach Oregon. A tourist trap that is overcrowded and has not much too do expect be overcharged for everything....except the nut cracker museum.

Visited August 2013
Cheney, Washington
“Nut Cracking Fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

We went to the Nutcracker Museum and it was CRAZY expensive... $2! Anyway, after shelling out all that cash I my expectations were high. We got a personal 30 minute tour by the curator of the museum. It was very informative and she was super funny. Then we went below to the Nutcracker shop and got a nutcracker. Good Stuff!

Visited December 2012
Sparks, Nevada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“So Many Hundreds of Nutcrackers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

Great museum!! Loved all the displays. People donate old and new Nutcrackers to the museum. I purchased two Steinbach miniature nutcrackers, a jester and Alice in Wonderland. Highly recommend.

Visited June 2013
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A visit to childhood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

The Nuntrcker museum is a very amazing place for people of any age and occupation. My friend and I were there in August '13 and there was an exciting colletion of nuntrackers, which is certainly worth to be seen. A very kind and helpful staff also adds points to this museum.

Visited August 2013