“Great little museum”

15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Great little museum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2011

This is a museum specializing in Nutcrackers. If a person is interested in something like that, then this is a great experience.
There is even a life size nutcracker called Karl. There are a lot of nutcrackers from Germany.

Visited September 2011

Spokane, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fun and Interesting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2011

My mother-in-law loves nutcrackers so we had to go to the museum. I wasn't that thrilled with the idea of dragging an 8 year old through a museum of nutcrackers, but he really enjoyed it. They gave him a scavenger hunt to do while there and he had a ball searching through the thousands of nutcrackers to find the ones on his list. When he was done, they gave him a button and he wore it with pride. Even though most of our group didn't care that much about nutcrackers going in, the variety of nutcrackers they have made it very interesting. We all really enjoyed our time there.

Visited August 2011
PNW
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Very interesting museum - even my teenagers found it interesting.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2011

I'm not a nutcracker collector. I don't even really have an interest. However, I still found this museum enjoyable. And when are you EVER going to have a chance to see this many nutcrackers, or learn so much about them. We were lucky enough to have the founder of the museum there when we came, and she was full of information (the museum is based on the nutcrackers she and her husbanded collected).

The museum has an incredible collection of nutcrackers. What my husband and I found most interesting weren't the varied painted gaudy nutcrackers (although they were fun to see). What we liked were the historical, incredibly carved, wood nutcrackers. Some were from the 1500's. I had no idea of the history surrounding nutcrackers.

Although my teenagers probably wouldn't have chosen to go to this museum, they found enough there to interest them for a while. They were even discussing their favorites after we left. They finished early and headed outside to wait for me and my husband, as we proceeded more slowly through the museum.

Besides nutcrackers there are nut picks, nut plates, and so forth.

The fee is small, only $2.50 per adult. The museum is located on the second floor and isn't huge and fancy, but is filled with more nutcrackers than anybody could see in one visit.

Visited July 2011
2 Thank PNWBWA
Spokane, Washington
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Well Worth It and a MUST in Leavenworth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2011

As much as some people rip on the owner, that doesn't matter. The Museum is really cool and extremely cheap. In Leavenworth there isn't tons to see, so its a must when you go there. Its only open from like 2-5 pm daily I believe so plan accordingly.

Visited May 2011
Yakima, WA
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Wonderful and high quality collection! Great Value!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2010

While I don't disagree with the other reviewer's experiences, I would add that this is an excellent value and great for kids and families. For the small price, you won't be disappointed and you will likely never see anything like this anywhere else in North America. I agree the rules and the older woman were kind of strict, but these rules are pretty standard for museums. They have to preserve their one-of-a-kind treasures for posterity. Food and photos are not good for the displays or the nutcrackers, so what's the big deal?
We had a great time. Our child was about 8 at the time, and she loved it. We spent almost an hour in there and could have stayed longer. Good deal for the money and a nice addition to the Bavarian flavor of Leavenworth.

1 Thank NuevaVista09