“Peaceful” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bindlestiff's Riverside Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Leavenworth
Bindlestiff's Riverside Cabins
Bellevue
“Peaceful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2009

Have stayed at Bindlestiff's many times. A great clean simple decorted place, but has everything you need, for someone who wants to sleep, relax on the deck in her robe, enjoy a book and listen to the river and birds. No fuss, no muss. Old but charming. I've stayed al almost every place in Leavenworth over the years, but this is my all time favorite place to stay.As a woman, I feel very safe staying here without locking my patio door! Now when is the last time you've heard that statement? ha
I love it!

Barbara-Bellevue, Wa.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank BarbiejeanBellevue

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Seattle, Wa.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2009

I love staying at these little cabins. I'm not sure what year they were built, but I'm assuming they're left over from a bygone era when little motorist cabins like these were fairly common.

A friend and I traveled to Leavenworth from Seattle three years in a row in the fall. The first year we just made a day trip of it and we both agreed on the drive back that we really wished we had arranged to stay in Leavenworth because by then we were tired and would rather be relaxing somewhere instead of driving home! The next year I did some online searching for dog friendly and reasonably priced places in Leavenworth so we could make a little mini-vacation out of our trip. I discovered Bindlestiff's and we stayed there for two nights. We enjoyed it so much we came back the next year and stayed three nights.

For reference, our last stay was in September 2007, not 2008, so my review is not based on a real recent stay. Just in case there have been any changes. I noticed on their website recently that I didn't see a mention of pets being allowed. I'm not sure if they changed their policy or if I just overlooked it. Their previous policy was that some pets were allowed if you got permission and there was an extra nightly pet fee, which is typical. When I made our reservation the owner did ask me some questions about my dog before saying it was okay.

These cabins are very basic accomodations, so if you're looking for pristine, ultra-modern/recently renovated, spacious, or lots of amenitites this place isn't for you. But if you don't mind basic, older, but clean places that are a bit more quirky then Bindlestiff's is a great motel alternative to consider.

The biggest drawback is that the cabins are pretty small. They're all the same size, so I would imagine if you only need one bed then it would feel much more spacious. But we've stayed in the two bed cabins both times, and there's not a lot of extra room. However, the bathroom is not teeny like one might expect and there is a counter, mini-fridge area. There's also a small table with two director's chairs next to the sliding glass door good for eating or playing games. I'd recommend these for two people and probably not families traveling with children, unless you aren't spending much time inside.

The cabins have air-conditioners, which is very important. I don't think they offer full daily housekeeping services. But they do come by to check if you need fresh linens, the garbage emptied, and things like that.

The cabins are not right downtown, which I consider a big plus. Though that would be a minus for those who want to be able to walk from their lodging to shops and restaurants. They're located just past the bridge as you're heading east out of town, so still very convenient to everything.

For my friend and I the best thing about the place, other than the reasonable price, is that they're down in the trees overlooking the river and each cabin has its own little deck. The decks aren't huge, but they're plenty roomy enough for two or more porch potatoes to park their butts in patio chairs, along with all the necessary drinks, snacks, books, cameras and whatnot needed for relaxing and watching the river go by.

I'm not an avid birdwatcher or anything, but you sort of become one by default while sitting there enjoying pine trees and river. We've seen stellers jays, great blue herons, kingfishers, common mergansers, along with the ubiquistous crows. Also some squirrels. We brought binnoculars for our second trip. At the time we didn't know what the mergansers were, but we loved watching them swimming and diving under the water. I had to look up what they were when I got home!

Bringing sandwich makings helps deal with a lot of meal needs and driving into town to eat is a breeze. I like the waffle and german sausage breakfast at the Waffle Haus. Also very handy is the pizza place will deliver to the cabins (though you might have to explain to the person taking the order how to get there because the driveway is easily overlooked). The pizza was great when we had it both stays. But don't make the mistake we did the first time and order extra cheese. They already put plenty on there!

So overall, Bindlestiffs is a great place for people who just need a no-frills, clean bed for the night, or for people who enjoy something different from the typical motel and love deck sitting to relax, read, visit, and watch the river and birds.

• Liked — Love the better privacy of the location and the deck overlooking the river.
  • Disliked — Nothing really, for what it is.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank WashingtonWayfarer
BATTLE GROUND,WA USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2006

[--]If you are going to leavenworth Wa, BIindlestiffs is a little off the beaten path, but very close. the address is 11798 hwy2, phone is [--]. These are nice little cabins along the Wenatchee river. I would have missed this treasure but another tourist told me about it. There is a communial hot tub centered between the cabins, along the river. The rooms were private and clean. i highly reccomend them

7 Thank KATFISH