“Nice place, clean and comfortable!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Der Ritterhof Inn

Der Ritterhof Inn
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Leavenworth
Seattle, Washington
“Nice place, clean and comfortable!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

I had read some bad reviews of this place from a while back so I was hesitant to stay there, but I needed a place in Leavenworth recently and this was the only place that had a vacancy. I was pleasantly surprised! My room was very clean, the linens were nice, and it was tastefully furnished. The bed did not have a bedspread on it, just a cover across the foot of the bed, which is good. I think most better hotels are getting away from using bedspreads, because, ya know, they don't get washed every day. The bathroom looked to have been recently re-done, and the room overall was pretty fresh. It was a little larger than the average motel room, and the ceiling was vaulted, giving the room a really nice airy feel. The continental breakfast in the morning was good too, and the employees were all nice. The only drawback was the wifi signal was weak in my room, and whoever installed the carpet didn't do a great job, as it has some ripples in it. I gave this place 5 stars because, in this price range, I don't think you could get a nicer room in Leavenworth!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
shriend
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

We recently stayed at Der Ritterhof for the first time. We have stayed at other hotels previously in Leavenworth, but being summer the rates were pretty high. We were very pleased with our rate, service and room quality at this hotel. The office staff was very welcoming and friendly. The only thing we noticed was that we could hear the showers that other guests were using. (not sure how that could be remedied, though). I used the pool. It is just a basic pool with no hot tub, but the water was warm, and the pool was very clean. Everything was clean and in good working order in our room. Free wi-fi, too. Thanks, Der Ritterhof staff for making our stay pleasant!

Room Tip: We chose a room on the second floor, as the gal in the office told us they are more spacious. We had...
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

The new owners are doing a great job of fixing the place up. Having WiFi finally is a great thing.

The hotel and grounds seemed to be in much better repair than the last time I stayed.

The entire staff is very friendly including the owner who was onsite when I checked in.

The housekeeping staff could use some re-training as they seemed to either be rushed or flat out lazy.

On two separate occasions over a 7 night stay I came back to my room to find the same wet washcloth in the shower where I left it the previous day. I'm not sure they ever cleaned the bathroom sink.

This will not keep me from returning as it is an easy fix. I was in room 254 if that helps in identifying where some extra attention needs to be focused.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

This is not the Ritz-Carlton, but has alot going for it. We stayed 2 nights. Our room was clean, but could use a little updating. Other than the bed, the only place to sit was in one small chair. There was plenty of room for a table and a couple of chairs. The refridgerator in the room was a little noisy, but worked very well. Very strong wifi signal! Loved the free continental breakfast. The grounds are kept well. I wish my lawn at home looked this nice! The staff, as well as the other guests were very friendly. My wife and I spent two hours chatting with the couple next door out on the porch over a few beers. It only takes 5 minutes to walk to town. We would defintely stay here again.

Mount Vernon, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

Grounds were very nicely kept, gorgeous hanging baskets, and pool area was very clean and pool was great. I asked about going for a swim if my room was not ready and front desk said that was fine. The continental breakfast was adequate and I too enjoyed the fruit cup. My only suggestion would be that it would be ideal to have some sheer curtains as well as the "block out curtains" so light could be let in and one could see outside without other people seeing into the room. The sliding doors were great for the light and fun to go out on the balcony and watch the sunset and for morning coffee. It was remarkably quiet and close to town. The fridge was VERY noisy and freezer did not freeze.

Room Tip: Would be nice to have a room close to the pool but all the rooms have a nice view of the mountains a...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank solonoproblems
dunedin, florida, usa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

Stayed here two nights in August 2013. Found the accommodations to be clean, roomy and comfortable with few exceptions. Those being as follows; We left a note with the front desk in the morning after the first night requesting two bars of soap, one for the shower and one for the sink, an extra decaf coffee and most importantly, a refrigerator that would cool below 41 degrees. That evening none of the items requested were delivered and after going to the front desk, they supplied the requested items except for the frig. I told them not to bother with that as it was our last night there. Those refrigerators are Black and Decker made and have no normal refrigeration coils or freezer compartment. That leads me to believe they are "coolers" that look like refrigerators which would explain their lack of cooling power. That may or may not be the case and others will have to look further into that.
All in all we would stay at this motel again and would recommend it to friends.

Room Tip: We paid $75 a night here and although winter is "in season" in Leavenworth we thought this...
Charleston, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Great location. We had an a/c unit that was not working properly. They tried to fix it, but eventually it just wouldn't work. When we went to the desk about it, the manager came out and was quite snippy with us and acted as though it was our fault and we were complainers. She gave us another room, which actually had a much better view of the mountains. I wonder why we didn't get that room to begin with?
Rest of staff very friendly.

Room Tip: try a second floor room. The rooms closest to the Kristall Restaurant have window views of the mount...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
sbittle, Manager at Der Ritterhof Inn, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at Der Ritterhof. We are sorry that your experience was less than perfect. We try our very hardest to make sure every guest is happy. Unfortunately we sometimes need to make decisions that affect our guests differently. In your case, you had made several complaints in regards to your air conditioning throughout the day, we tried to fix the unit with two separate visits to your room and two phones calls, doing our best to keep you in room. After the 4th conversation management made the decision that we needed to replace the actual unit and we would have to relocate you since you were a 3 night stay. We are sorry you felt she was unpleasant; she was only trying to fix a problem that you had brought to our attention. Our staff works very hard and being friendly and we take pride in making each and every one of our guests happy.