“Absolutley Gorgeous”
Review of Eagle Creek Ranch

Eagle Creek Ranch
Ranked #15 of 48 things to do in Leavenworth
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Last month I went to Leavenworth, Washington which is a delightful town nestled between mountains, and we drove about 6 miles out of town to Eagle Creek Ranch for a fantastic experience! It had snowed about 14 inches the previous night (but the roads had been plowed) and it made for a gorgeous spectacular. The snow at the ranch was deep and the thousands of tall evergreen trees were loaded with so much snow we could see no green at all. The entire landscape was deep white pristine snow to match the trees-- and the sleigh ride was a dream come true. I have never seen so much white. It covered EVERYTHING. I have grown up in the Northwest US and live with snow cap mountains visible year round, but this was something I had never seen, where there was literally nothing but white everywhere we looked but especially the trees were amazing. I'm sure it is not always covered with this much white in the winter but we certainly lucked out for the day we were there. Before and after the sleigh ride (it was actually a large open wagon with snow runners attached) there was free hot apple cider (and cookies) in the barn with a fire burning in a stove. Very rustic, but warm. I will be going to Leavenworth again in a couple weeks with my siblings and spouses and plan to go to Eagle Creek Ranch for another sleigh ride. I hope we have a similar experience with such a glorious snow show. (they had plenty of blankets for us so we stayed quite warm on our ride)

7  Thank Nancy C

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Our family just spent weekend in Leavenworth, Wa. We had the most wonderful family sleigh ride. The trees were covered with snow and there was even a light snow fall. The driver was great, he explained the ranch activities, the horses and was interested in what the kids knew about Belgium horses. The ride was a good 35 minutes or more and the kids loved the cider after the ride.

3  Thank Sherri S
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We went as a couple. We enjoyed it immensely. Sweet staff. Wish it was longer ride and that we could have gone minus the other groups. Overall though I highly recommend this group for your sleigh ride experience. I agree with another customer that it wasn't as scenic as I would have hoped and as a child from another group quipped, "not fast enough". The horses take a leisurely pace.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

We loved every bit of our winter sleigh ride. The big horses were gentle and the little grand children got to pet them afterwards. There was a nice warm tent where we went for hot chocolate and coffee afterwards to get nice and warm. Lots of blankets were provided for our comfort. The ride was about 40 minutes long, along the river and through the woods. It was beautiful, and we will do it again.

1  Thank jeannecass
Reviewed August 7, 2012

My family - 2 adults, 11 and 13 yr olds went for a 1.5 hr trail ride the first week of August. The owner (Mike) and his staff were amazing and the horses were wonderful. They weren't the typical trail ride horses. They could be directed with commands and each had their own personality. The ride is so nice on a hot day as you wind through the trees up the mountain and back again. The view from the top is great and the guide is well versed on the area. The staff took pictures of our family on the horses at the end and were very comfortable letting the kids pet the horses.
The farm dogs and chickens were also a highlight for the kids.
Thanks to the staff and the horses, this was a highlight of our holiday!