“Great price for a great stay!”
Review of Alpine Rivers Inn

Alpine Rivers Inn
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Leavenworth
Washington
“Great price for a great stay!”
Reviewed September 18, 2011

We recently stayed at the Alpine River's Inn for Labor Day weekend and were very happy with our stay. It is down the road from downtown Leavenworth so we were able to get some peace and quiet from the noise and hustle of the village. The rates were amazing for such a busy weekend and they have a great breakfast each morning. The room was clean and comfortable and the staff was very helpful. The only complaint that I had was that the hot tub had a leak so they had a garden hose constantly running into the hot tub. I felt like since they were full for a busy holiday weekend that they should have had it repaired. My kids enjoyed swimming in the pool and I liked the fact that my balcony overlooked the river. My husband was thrilled that we were able to enjoy free rounds of mini golf...it wasn't your typical putt-putt but looked like actual putting greens. We will definitely return and are very interested in staying at their sister property The Enzian Inn.

Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Familyvacayer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Seattle
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I went here for a birthday trip with my boyfriend. This place is very affordable compared to the rest of the hotels/B&Bs in Leavenworth. It is a little bit farther away from the main strip but you can definitely walk to town. There is plenty of parking too.

The room is pretty basic. It is cute even though it could use a re-model.

The view is great. It is right on the river and you can watch deer from your balcony or gaze at the stars at night. They also have an outdoor pool, which I am assuming can be used for about two months out of the year. The hot tub is small but we used it even in the winter. It is nice to sit in there during the cold months. Nothing fancy though.

I think the place even lets you use free cross country skis when there is enough snow. There wasn't when I was there in March. The breakfast is either served in a little room by the lobby or they deliver it to your room depending on the volume of people. We had it delivered because there weren't too many when I was there. You check as many food items as you want from a list. Just to warn you, get more than a couple of things because the portions are tiny. I think they cook it the night before at their sister hotel. There also is no hotel staff on site at a certain point at night. They are all at their sister hotel.

It really isn't the fanciest hotel, but it was off the beaten path and will due. If you want a five star hotel, this isn't for you.

Room Tip: All rooms have a view. Get top floor so you don't hear people walking above you.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Vegreville, Canada
Reviewed August 26, 2011

My husband and I recently spent three nights at the Alpine Rivers Inn, and we were completely satisfied with everything - the welcome at the desk when we arrived, our room with its charming furniture, its excellent bed and the balcony overlooking the river. And oh! the breakfasts! What a treat to have (on various days) waffles/French toast/sausages/warm cinnamon buns/porridge/a selection of juices ... AND biscuits and gravy!! I really enjoyed the sound of the river at night ... my husband snored along with it! We wouldn't hesitate to recommend this Inn to anyone.

Room Tip: The second floor gives a great view of the river.
3 Thank Norma C
everett
Reviewed August 14, 2011

I love this place! The staff are helpful and friendly. The breakfast room is very nice and the complimentary breakfast is delicious. It's not super fancy, but for me, that's a plus. It's easy to feel comfortable here. I have stayed at the Enzian Inn and was told that they own this property. I'm not sure if they still own it, but the bedding is similar ( comfortable, well dressed beds, with duvets). It was so pleasant to sit on our private little balcony and enjoy the sounds of the river.

1 Thank katharineb57
Tacoma, WA, USA
Reviewed August 11, 2011

We called on the spur of the moment to ask for reservations while we were on a random roaming trip around the Northwest, and got a room with a nice view of the Wenatchee River. The room was HUGE! It was immaculately clean, quiet, and quite comfortable. The pool looked nice, but we checked in late and decided to wander around town for a while instead. The complimentary breakfast was OK. When we checked out the young woman at the desk asked how we liked our stay, and I told her it was great, except that the bed was too soft for me. She laughed and said most people love the soft beds.
The motel is about half a mile from the center of town, so a tiny bit of a walk or a short drive away. We like to walk, so it was no problem for us. If we hadn't been walking we would have missed Dan's Grocery Store, one of the few real local full service grocery stores left. What a great store! I was going to but some beer that I had never heard of before, and the clerks talked us out of it. They said it's so bad people try to return it! Wow! That made our day.

1 Thank MrHSCounselor
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Stayed here one night on our way through to Cascades. Looks like a basic goofy motel on the outside, but each room has view of river, rooms are clean and well maintained, and the free breakfast is yummy -- baked goods, yogurt and eggs among other things. There's a small pool and a hot tub open 24 hours.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank phillycnm
Redmond
Reviewed July 18, 2011

We have been coming here for about 10 years. We started coming for New Years, and have expanded to Birthdays,(our own & friends), as well as anniversaries, and just weekend "getaways". We have always been treated well, and are on a first name basis with many staff members. Accomadations are great, for the price. Great river view, generous continental breakfast in a newly added indoor dining area, An old swimming pool, but well maintained and clean. The walk to downtown (if you are so inclined) is maybe 3 or 4 blocks on clean roomy sidewalks. We think this is a great value for the money. We have referred many friends & family, which is not always a safe thing to do, but have never regretted it. Try it you"ll like it!!

Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple