“A gem in an oasis in American”
Review of Bavarian Lodge

Bavarian Lodge
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Leavenworth
Midlands - England
“A gem in an oasis in American”
Reviewed September 22, 2009

I stayed at the Bavarian Lodge in Leavenworth for one night in September and chose it based on the amazing reviews on TripAdvisor. Interestingley, I could not get a good deal via the internet so I rang directly and got a rate lower than any internet price so worth checking in future. The hotel was excellent with a fantastic room and good breakfast. It is right opposite all the shops and restaurants. Leavenworth is definitely for tourists but well worth a visit as the Bavarian charm is excellent. An oasis for me !!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (400)
Calgary
Reviewed September 8, 2009

I stayed at the Bavarian Lodge in Leavenworth for two nights in August. I chose the hotel thanks to some amazing reviews on TripAdvisor and it did not disappoint.

Leavenworth is definitely a tourist town, but the Bavarian charm was terrific. The Bavarian Lodge helped to amplify that. I stayed in a King room with a mountain view. I was overlooking the pool, but I didn't find it to be noisy in my room at all. The King bed is quite possibly one of the most comfortable ones I have ever slept in. Tons of pillows, and the stuffed bear on my bed was a nice touch. The room itself was huge, and it also included a microwave, small fridge and coffee maker.

The breakfast included with your room rate is AMAZING! There was fresh canteloupe, cereals, yogurt and granola, omlette, ham/sausage, breakfast potatoes, homemade biscuits and sausage gravy, sour cream and salsa for toppings, toast and bagels, plus a make your own waffle bar. The omlette was delicious. There were also fruit juices and Starbucks Verona coffee, plus teas.

The hotel is located right on Highway 2. It is easy to cross the highway to wander the shops in downtown Leavenworth. There are plenty of restaurant choices nearby.

I would also recommend trying to catch a performance by the Leavenworth Summer Theatre while you are there!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
Issaquah, WA
Reviewed August 21, 2009

This hotel does everything right from the moment you arrive! The front desk staff are extremely friendly and personable. The rooms are well appointed and comfortable. I have to admit - (not very Leavenworthy of me) the Bavarian decor does not really appeal to my tastes however this property has created a cross between Bavarian and rustic lodge that works quite tastefully. The bed was super comfortable. The breakfast is fantastic! It was much more than I anticipated! Well done! Also, the location in the heart of town is great for walking!

Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank I_wanna_go_to_Hawaii
Surrey, BC
Reviewed August 19, 2009

Very well looked after, no shortcuts in service. excellent rooms with fridge and microwave. Full breakfast at no charge. Very pleasant front desk. Waitress efficient and friendly. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Aurora, Illinois
Reviewed August 4, 2009

I can't think of one negative thing about this hotel. It was outstanding through and through. The front desk people were very helpful. The hotel was VERY clean. The pool and jacuzzi were maticulously maintained and a welcomed break in the day. The lobby had a quaint Bavarian look to it (even the elevator was painted with a German castle on it). The room was nice, and the beds were comfy. The breakfast, which was included in the price was more than adequate. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

US
Reviewed July 31, 2009

We gathered in Leavenworth, at the Bavarian Lodge for family time and a babyshower. We went away feeling like we had made new friends...the customer service is above and beyond...like nothing I have ever encountered, and I have traveled as a salesperosn all over the country for 22 years. Check- in was a comedy routine..not corny, just hilarous but FUN, great people at the desk, Kim, and Kent...striaght man ...funny man, Im not for sure which was which...just a blast. Rooms were spotless, maids were smiling every time I saw them. It must be a great place to work...it showed by all employee's. Ask to play wheel of check out....You will fall on the floor laughing. You know the times we are all in...everyone needs to LAUGH...stay here ...You will I promise!!!!! I wanted to cry when leaving , I felt like we were leaving long lost friends, Yes , they even remember your name , and where you ate, the small stuff that is so important. Incredible, sincere staff, we will soon return to our new found friends. We love you all...ok especially Kent and Kim, what crazy fun people. Boyd's ...you must be proud. jj

Surrey, BC Canada
Reviewed July 31, 2009

Four of us stayed here in mid-July (my husband, my 4 month old daughter, and my best friend) as we drove the Cascade Loop. From the moment we drove up to the moment we left - we were impressed with the Bavarian Lodge. The rooms are decorated beautifully. Loved the Tazo tea and Starbucks coffee. The breakfast was fantastic as well. They provided a play and pack for my daughter at no extra charge.

It is in a great location - just across the street from the town square. The staff were very pleasant and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

The pool was a little small but it cooled us off when we needed it. There were two hot tubs (loved this).