“Loved the attention to detail”
Review of Bavarian Lodge

Bavarian Lodge
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Leavenworth
Surrey, BC Canada
“Loved the attention to detail”
Reviewed July 31, 2009

Four of us stayed here in mid-July (my husband, my 4 month old daughter, and my best friend) as we drove the Cascade Loop. From the moment we drove up to the moment we left - we were impressed with the Bavarian Lodge. The rooms are decorated beautifully. Loved the Tazo tea and Starbucks coffee. The breakfast was fantastic as well. They provided a play and pack for my daughter at no extra charge.

It is in a great location - just across the street from the town square. The staff were very pleasant and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

The pool was a little small but it cooled us off when we needed it. There were two hot tubs (loved this).

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (393)
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed July 31, 2009

We stayed overnight at the Bavarian Lodge earlier this month. It was a very pleasant experience and the staff there are very friendly and helpful. We had a room with a mountain view and comfortable beds. The hotel has a lot of atmosphere and I really appreciated the chilled water in the lobby as it was a very hot day. The breakfast had a lot more choices than most included breakfasts do. The hotel is very conveniently located - within walking distance to the shopping area, tasting rooms and restaurants. We plan on going back to Leavenworth and staying a little longer next time.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Calgary, AB
Reviewed July 9, 2009

This place was awesome. My whole family loved the atmosphere of this hotel. Wonderful service, spotlessly clean, and an amazing breakfast, that was included in the nightly fee. We didn't want to leave.

Stafford, CT
Reviewed July 4, 2009

Our family was lucky enough to find this beautiful lodge while in WA. We have done a lot of traveling throughout the US and this has to be the best place we have ever stayed. Our two teenage boys could not stop with the positive comments about the room and the hotel. We have stayed in many highly rated locations and this beats them all.
I don;t know where to begin but the bedding, bath and everything else in the room were superb. The free breakfast the next day was topnotch!
Our only regret was that we didn't stay an additional night...but on the road again!
The village of Leavenworth has so much to do and if I wasn't from the East coast I would make it a point to visit during one of the many festivals in the village.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Puyallup, Washington
Reviewed July 2, 2009

The lodge is very beautiful inside and out - No sign of anything needeing to be repaired. They have this huge clock in their parking lot, which is kind of cool. The lobby is amazing - made to look like an upscale cabin in the woods. The place is immaculate - no trace of dust or dirt anywhere. We got checked in quickly and the staff was fairly friendly. I will admit I was concerned about our room because we had gotten the last room available which was on the ground floor next to the breakfast room and public restrooms, but it turned out to be as quiet as can be.

When I walked in the room, I was pleased with the size - quite large. The beds were comfy and the room was clean and everything was ready to go. I was impressed by the in-room microwave, small coffee pot with starbucks coffee packets and fridge. There was a lot of drawer and closet space as well. The TV was a nice size and there was a nice book describing your options at the hotel during your stay as well as a list of restaurants given to me by the staff. There was also the option of checking out complimentary DVD's. They also had complimentary Q-tips and make-up remover pads - I'll admit, I've never seen that before! They also provided a hair dryer and iron and ironing board. The shampoo and conditioner I found to be drying and not great for my hair - people who like super natural stuff will most likely like it though. The WiFi connection was pretty good - only had trouble with it once.

I was excited to try the big breakfast that people were raving about in reviews. Maybe I'm picky, but I didn't think it was all that. The one cool thing was that they had cups of waffle batter ready to go so you could make your own waffle - they were yummy and huge! However, it would have been nice to have some other topping options - not just maple syrup. Over all though, I was disappointed with the variety adn choices. There weren't many choices at all and it was pretty repetative. Hardly any pastries. They did make an awesome jug of coffee though! Even though I was expecting more, what I did eat tasted OK. They did make awesome ham and sausage! However, I found the people in charge of clearing trays to be somewhat rude. They would practically stand over you as it came close to closing time and were just waiting to snatch trays from you. My husband took out his BlackBerry and one of the staff took it as a sign that he was finished - he still had half of his food on his plate! When I'm paying good money for a hotel, I expect better than that.

The pools and hot tubs were heated well and very clean.

Overall, I would recommend staying here, but be aware that the breakfast doesn't really come with a large variety of choices and that the kitchen staff is somewhat pushy. The hotel is right across form all of the main attractions, so it has a great location.

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed June 24, 2009

As they say-Location, location, location and the Bavarian Lodge is it....First of all--Watch out that you book at the Bavarian Lodge..there are lots of Bavarian etc in this German theme village and the success of the Lodge has made other hotels choose similar names! There was a big difference between where we were and other places.
We had a family reunion at the Lodge and the Boyd Family, who runs the place, met every expectation and requirement.
We were able to book at both their hotels-the Linderhof, down the street for families with children and shared rooms at a less costly price (check out their townhouses for a real value for a large group), as well as at the Bavarian Lodge for others.
They have a wonderful buffet breakfast with great food, several conference rooms-we booked one for the gathering-a pool and jacuzzi and lux rooms. Everything is uber clean and the staff is helpful and friendly.
I can't say enough about our experience-and there is so much to do in the town. Hiking, sightseeing, white water rafting, walking on paths and boutique shopping.
The Lodge owners also have 2 shops that carry many of the unique object de art that you see in the Lodge as well as unique clothing.
We will be back to Leavenworth and this hotel again.

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed June 22, 2009

I wanted to splurge a little for an anniversary trip and this place did not disappoint. Others sum it up so well: Lovely place, easy to find, very nice staff. If on Mountain side, ask for 3rd or 4th floor. Nice to have (good!) coffee, tea, internet and a cozy place to read in the lobby available 24 hrs. Room was 3rd floor King Mtn. view and it was lovely. Spacious, clean and comfortable. My wife is particular and usually brings her own blanket and pillow on our road trips, and this was the only place that she said, 'nah, just leave them in the car' because she was so impressed with the comfy bed and linens. Great location, wonderful amenities, super breakfast, kind staff. Well deserving of its good marks!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple