“Great location, service was okay”
Review of Bavarian Lodge

Bavarian Lodge
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Leavenworth
Reviewed May 25, 2009

We read great reviews but when we went to check in late at night we were greeted by an un-friendly associate. It was 10 or 11 at night and we have 3 kids, and we were greeted with no emotion and there's more. We decided at the last moment to add a second room...we have 3 kids. The woman checking us in quoted me a 2nd room for $112 a night. I said okay. When we got the bill at check out, the first night was $112, but the second night was either $142, or $152. I didn't argue, I just gave them my feedback that that is not what I was told and left. I'm not going to argue over $40...but this was not the only thing I noticed about price. When I made the original reservation over the phone I was quoted a rate for a room facing the village. I was fine paying more for the room facing the village. When I was checking in, the woman asked me for the ages of my children. I asked why. She said if they were over 13, they would add a $15 fee (I think she said $15). Well, my kids aren't over 13, but nobody said anything about this over the phone during the reservation process. Had my oldest daughter been over 13 (she's 12) and if they had added money to my bill...that would have been just wrong. They clearly didn't communicate this to me.
Okay...breakfast was great and location was great. The room was a decent size and clean... it felt like a 3 star Holiday Inn. If you want the best location in town, this is it.
The pool is small but good for the kids.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank stevetanyaTexas
Write a ReviewReviews (2,065)

Reviewed May 18, 2009

Not having the best of luck with hotels, I decided to go with the most highly rated one in Leavenworth and for the most part it didn't disappoint. The room was large and beautifully decorated, the location was great and the breakfast was the best we have ever had in a hotel.

They were very helpful in making the reservation. When we arrived, the check in process was relatively smooth - however the man who helped us acted as if we were somewhat of an inconvenience. We parked the car and went to the room (212) and were disappointed to find that it was the first room in the hall and next to the elevator. I never complain about the room but we were celebrating an anniversary and had been hoping for the mountain view that we had booked and not having to listen to everyone coming and going. So we headed back downstairs..only to be told that they were sold out the next night and the only way we could have a different room was to pay the difference for the 1st night and then move for the 2nd. We opted to stay in the original room. The sound wasn't too bad except for the neighbors next door who used their room to party.

When booking this hotel, be warned that the mountain view rooms on the 2nd floor actually have a view of the parking lot and/or swimming pool. If this matters to you, ask for a room on a higher floor when making the reservation.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 11, 2009

The Bavarian Lodge exceeded my expections. It's a great place to stay! The staff was great, very friendly and were always willing to help you in any way they could...Kim/Karen you are the best!! The rooms were spacious, very clean and comfortable with a great leather chair, a great place to read on a rainy day. The breakfast buffett had a great selection of great food. Nice thing is that the hotel is right across the street from the town. The price was well worth what you paid for. Nice pool and hot tub. I will return that is for sure!!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo
4  Thank whidbeyIsland1
Reviewed May 10, 2009

Bavarian Lodge is right in the middle of downtown Leavenworth. The staff was wonderful. The room--- very clean. The breakfast--- excellent.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 1, 2009

The Bavarian Lodge was above and beyond what we were expecting. The rooms were very spacious with immaculate decor that made us feel as if we were right at home. The details were perfect, even down to the teddy bear on our bed when we arrived. Our room had a king bed, but also a sitting area with sofa, coffee table, and desk. The view out of our room looked directly onto the town square, and this location could not have been closer to everything. We didn't have to drive at all, since we were within walking distance for all the sights.

I was especially impressed that the desk clerk spent a few minutes telling us her favorite spots for food and attractions when we arrived at the hotel. The lobby was beautiful with very high end furniture, complimentary coffee, and was very welcoming.

What sold us on this hotel was the complimentary breakfast, and it did not disappoint. It wasn't the typical danishes in the morning. There were eggs, sausage, cereal, waffles, toast, potatoes just to name a few. It was so nice not having to get up and wonder where we would find breakfast since it was just downstairs. It made that part of our trip that much more relaxing.

I would definitely come back to Leavenworth for another relaxing few days, and I would definitely stay at the Bavarian Lodge again. This place was perfect.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank Leahkay1217
Reviewed February 28, 2009

Up from LA visiting my sister and her boys 9 and 14.
Cross country skiing over President's day.
Leavenworth is a Bavarian Themed town- well done and not too kitchy.
Hotel is centrally located. Across the street to the frontage road main town. Walked to restaurants and rentals 1 block.
Very nice hotel. Lobby with large stuffed bear on one of the couches that my 9 yr old nephew liked to hang out with. Cookies and hot drinks 24 hrs.
Full breakfast buffet very well done- eggs, hot meat, potatoes, waffles and all the rest.
Rooms Nicely decorated with comfotable leather chairs etc. Beds comfortable and bathrooms well stocked. My sister liked the "real" glass glasses and "glass "coffee cups with choie of Tazo teas or coffee in room. Refig and microwave handy as food in town not outstanding. Still ok to eat out.
Outdoor pool and 2 jaccussis a hit will all. Nice view of Cascades. Terry cloth robes in room keep the chill off in and out to room.
We had king room 301 with fireplace -note this room has no sofa bed as connects with room 303 (2Q). Connecting rooms great for families!!!. 301 was a corner room and very sunny with village lights view at night. 303 dark durning the day with nice village lights view at night. No sounds from the road with the windows closed and pretty quiet even with windows open.
4 groomed nordic tracks in town ($12/person over 13yr old for all). Not feel like in town- trees, hills, Wenatchee River. Inexpensive group lessons available. Spotted herd of deer, a lonely racoon and a bald eagle swooping over the river. 4 tgroomed nordic tracks about 20 min out of town at Lake Wenatchee ($10/car) . Good plowed to pavement road. Gorgeous views. Sledding on well thought out hill easily accessable from theparking lot but in the the woods.
Der Sportman in town has low priced nordic rentals. Brand new top of line equipment. We had no problem finding well fitting boots for odd sized feet over a holiday weekend.
I'd love to come back when I visit my sister next.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank DebbyLA
Reviewed February 24, 2009

Location is perfect,- right on a main square of city. Kids had a snow sleeding and they were so happy. Breakfast was great (7 to 10am) and staff was extra nice. Jaccusi & pool located on a back of hotell and it's cool when snow around. Room was with "ok" TV and dvd player. They have dvd library at frontdesk. I stayed at many hotells and always purchased the cheapest one(i need just a bed!), but this time I was so glad we stayed at Bavarian Lodge and so glad to see my family happy. Room was 2Q beds with city view.
Parking free for customers, so all other hotells clients shoud take a long walk to main lighted square.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family