“Family gateway”

Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Leavenworth
Seattle,WA
“Family gateway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2009

Location is perfect,- right on a main square of city. Kids had a snow sleeding and they were so happy. Breakfast was great (7 to 10am) and staff was extra nice. Jaccusi & pool located on a back of hotell and it's cool when snow around. Room was with "ok" TV and dvd player. They have dvd library at frontdesk. I stayed at many hotells and always purchased the cheapest one(i need just a bed!), but this time I was so glad we stayed at Bavarian Lodge and so glad to see my family happy. Room was 2Q beds with city view.
Parking free for customers, so all other hotells clients shoud take a long walk to main lighted square.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (351)
washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2009

our family of 10 stayed for 3 days.the cost was good..breakfast was a big plus..we needed a family getaway and we have decided to make it a family tradition!.its a magical place in the wintertime!

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank mommy10
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2009

My wife, toddler and I stayed 4 nights in Feb. 2009 (slow time especially Sun. and Mon. nights). Everything is very clean. We had a Mtn. view king bed room and paid $530 for 4 nights (includes taxes). The room was very comfortable with tasteful furnishings and decor. Had all the amenities we look for (see website for listing). Housekeeping service is very good and didn't even take our tip. The breakfast was above average (relative to a standard Costco muffin/danish continental breakfast). It wasn't amazing fresh, but did offer quite a selection of both warm and cold food (bagels, cereal, potatoes, juices, yogurts, waffles and breakfast warm meats (sausages or bacon) for those meat-eaters out there). The sliced oranges and the waffles were my personal favorites.

The hotel staff (and for that matter, all the people we encountered in Leavenworth) were very friendly and helpful. Nice to get the paper each day and a coffee/tea kiosk open all the time.

The only negative I can think of is that on the Mtn. View rooms (facing away from Hwy. 2), there was quite a bit of noise when there were teenagers using the pool below. I imagine this could be an issue if you have young children who go to sleep fairly early. This might be more prevalent in summer months or on weekends. This can be minimized to some extent by getting a room with a lower number (further away from the pool, which is on the second floor, west side of hotel). We were in 408.

• Liked — Proximity to town (walk to most places).
  • Disliked — Pool noise
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank budgetfreak
Buckley, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Bavarian Lodge in 2007. Since then we have tried to get back, but just were not able to schedule it around work demands. BUT . . . I have just booked a night for February, and we are really looking forward to it.

The hotel is immaculate, the rooms have everything you might need, and the general atmosphere is wonderful. I can hardly wait.

• Liked — The atmosphere
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank Plateaufamily
Snohomish WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2009

WOW! The Bavarian Lodge is the place to stay. I have never been to a hotel that is so accommodating in so many ways. All of the staff from the hotel manager to the girls who run the amazing free breakfast seems to love to serve and make every interaction with customers a surprisingly pleasant experience. You know the feeling when you ask for something and you are expecting to hear, “I’m sorry we don’t…” Well, I just don’t get that at the Bavarian Lodge. We bring our 7 children to Leavenworth every Christmas along with other extended family and friends. We had 17 in all and everyone felt pampered and were so blown away, that we all reserved for next Christmas.
The thing that speaks to my extreme satisfaction are the things that they have thought of ahead of time. (Mp3 adapter in the room, fork splitting the English muffins Whoa, who does that??, when I serve up my eggs and potatoes, I glance up and there it is; Tabasco, heated entry way cement, windshield scrapers if needed at the door, raw sugar for my coffee, and really good coffee and I am a coffee snob)
I have also brought two retreats for couple from my church with confidence that they would have similar experiences. So the Bavarian lodge is a real winner. My only hesitation for writing this review is that you will like what you hear and book your rooms when I want to stay there again!

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
4 Thank Kimo777
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2009

We have been going to Christmas tree lighting in Leavenworth, WA for the last five years in a row. It is one of the best things Washington state has to offer for a quick cost effective family get away.

Each year we have stayed in a different hotel, trying to find one that was just perfect. This year we found it!

Bavarian Lodge is located right in the heart of Leavenworth, all of the festvities the tree lighting festivle has to offer is just steps outside of your hotel room. The hotel has both city side and mountian side view rooms that are very cozy to say the least.

The tree lighting ceremony can be viewed right from your cityside room, avoiding standing out in the 4 degree weather.

When we arrived at Bavarian Lodge to check in it was like walking into Christmas heaven, the staff(Sally, Kent, and Kim) were just amazing, the most friendly people by far. The dress they wore was holiday appropriate almost like Santa placed them there him self!

The staff quickly checked us in and got us right up to our room. The hotel staff also has plenty of suggestions of fun things to do and each room has a calander with all of the activites for the entire month of December.

The rooms are beautiful and the beds are amazingly comfortable. We had no negitives experiences our entire trip with this hotel.

Dont be fooled Christmas tree lighting in Leavenworth has become so popular reservations are needed 1 year in advance!!!! Bavarian Lodge gives you the oportunity to "renew" your same room for the following year before it is offered for sale to the public. Once you secure a room in this hotel you are all set.

Thanks Bavarian Lodge for a Magical Christmas!!!
Brian, Cyndie & Sam

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
6 Thank cyndie802001
Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2008

Positives - Great location, walking distance to downtown shops and restaurants. The breakfast was ok.

Negatives - I expected a greater experience for the $208 I spent for one night. The beds were not very comfortable and noisy. Our room was next to the lobby so we were awakened early by running and yelling kids in the lobby and dining areas. Next, we had no hot water, not even warm water in the morning. I went to the receptionist and was told in a non-caring manner the that the water was 6 degrees coming out of the ground and that the demand is high in the mornings. First, I'm no physicist but I know water freezes at 32. Second, its obvious to me the hotel water heater is in need of repair or undersized. They could have told me something sensible like that instead of some line of bs. Definately not worth the money we spent.

Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple