“Loved the Bavarian Lodge”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bavarian Lodge

Bavarian Lodge
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Leavenworth
Seattle, WA
“Loved the Bavarian Lodge”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2008

We stayed in the Bavarian Lodge in Leavenworth during the Maifest festival. It's a perfect location for shopping and walking around town - directly across from the gazebo in downtown Leavenworth.

About the hotel itself, it exceeded all of my expectations. The staff is exceedingly friendly, the breakfast buffet, included in the price of the room, was very good and included many hot items including eggs, ham, potatoes, etc., where more traditional included breakfasts are usually just continental. The rooms themselves are spacious and comfortable, and the beds are almost as good as a Heavenly bed at the Westin (not quite, but really comfortable!).

The pool was clean and warm, and safe for my 2 year old. Speaking of children, the staff were very accommodating for our daughter, and made a special effort to make her feel welcome.

• Liked — The friendly service and nice rooms
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank shawnc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (354)
Ferndale, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2008

In all my years as a Federal Officer, staying in everything from Motel 6 to Embassy Suites, never have I regretted leaving a hotel more, than when I bid farewell to Bavarian Lodge. This is the best of the best of Leavenworth, bar none. This was the most pleasurable experience I've had in 22 years of traveling for business or pleasure.

The staff of the hotel is second to none in their dedication and commitment to making your stay absolutely enjoyable and trouble-free. The room is warm, well appointed and impeccably clean. I have not felt so confident in a room’s cleanliness in some hotels costing twice as much! The attention to detail in the appointments from the granite vanity to the hand-hammered copper table cover was unexpected and very much appreciated. The beds are the things that dreams are made on. Leave your flannel pajamas at home, these downy comforters were a toasty treat and none too heavy for my taste. There was a large leather chair in the corner of our room, not set there as an afterthought, like most hotel rooms, but to grant you respite from the day’s care. I settled in and read more chapters than I planned, simply because the chair eased my fatigue and allowed me to wrestle literary villains and not the discomfort of an ineffectual piece of furnishing.

Personal Note: My childhood friend of forty years flew up from the Bay Area and met me in Leavenworth to ride in the MunchenHaus AleFest Bicycle Tour. We stayed one night at the Bavarian Lodge and much to our disappointment, were unable to extend another night as no rooms were available. (They tirelessly tried to find us accomodations in town to no avail, we could except no less than the Bavarian Lodge,) We checked out the next morning and embarked on what ended up an 80-mile bike ride around the beautiful surroundings. My friend and I were feeling spry half way through the ride and decided to leave the designated route and add a 28 mile detour into downtown Leavenworth to our trek. When we arrived in Leavenworth, we suddenly realized we had no water or food to replenish us for the return trip, some 24 miles back to the finish line. With a hope in our hearts, having no cash on hand, we wandered over to Bavarian Lodge to impose on their good nature. They welcomed us with open arms and didn't hesitate to offer us food and drink to fortify us for the return trip. Remember, we had already checked out and were not expected to return that night. These wonderful people treated us more like family than "customers".

In a country which seems overpopulated with selfishness and disrespect, one begins to wonder if random acts of kindness are the things of myth and legend. I truly tasted the redemptive sweetness of kindness and caring. With nothing expected in return, the lovely ladies working the desk at Bavarian Lodge showed that customer service is not only not dead in Leavenworth, but its epitome resides within the welcoming comfort of Bavarian Lodge, Leavenworth, Washington.

• Liked — The Staff
  • Disliked — I couldn't stay longer
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with friends
2 Thank LaMigra
League City, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2008

Third stay is a charm! We love this hotel, the location is perfect and the rooms are wonderful. Most comfy beds ever! We like everything about the Bavarian and just wanted to put another review on here that we are still taken with this quaint hotel. The hotel staff isn't the most friendly, in other words they don't really chat alot when you check in/out, but I'm not there for that anyway. The breakfast is usually very good and you can always count on making waffles if all else fails! I love the fact that they offer coffee/teas

• Liked — Location, comfortable beds and clean rooms
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with friends
Lake Stevens
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2008

Well, I just wrote a very detailed review about the Bavarian Lodge, and my computer decided to "freak out" on me, and it is gone. So instead I will do a quickie review...

1. Stay here! I found it off reviews from trip advisor, and they were right! The hotel, room, buffet, and surrounds are awesome! We would never stay anywhere else in Leavenworth...Village view room 4th floor was the best--and Christmas lights in January, so pretty.

2. I would not advise sledding the tube slide at ski hill--a girl flipped and they closed it down....crazy! 50 mph downhill!!!!

3. Have the Prime Rib at Katzenjammer's, if they are out, I'd leave and go elsewhere

• Liked — cozy, clean,comfortable atmosphere and view--great buffet breakfast
  • Disliked — Can't think of one thing
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank 3hawkfans
Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2008

This is a wonderful hotel. Great location as it is in easy walking distance to all of the shops and cute places to eat in town, as it is just across the street. Rooms are large and all have a tv and dvd player. Bathroom is average size but does have a tub. The beds are incredibly comfortable pillow top mattresses.

In the lobby there are DVDs to borrow to watch in your room, a piano (ask to use), coffee and hot water (for the cider/tea/hot chocolate provided), tables, chairs to lounge in and a small gift shoppish like.

The pool and 2 hot tubs are outside, which was great on a cold snowy day. Loved sitting in the hot tub in the snow. Not sure how it would be in the summer.

The staff was wonderful. Overall, it was a wonderful experience and I would gladly stay at this hotel if I ever find myself needing a weekend away and opt to go to Leavenworth.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank thegoaliegirl
Mukilteo, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2008

We loved everything about the Bavarian Lodge and will definitely be staying here again. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room itself was roomy and comfortable. The lodge is located right across the street from the town center and is walking distance from everything.

We spent a few days at the Icicle Inn in Leavenworth and thought it was nice but very standard. Our departure was delayed because of the road conditions but we were already packed so we decided to try out a different hotel. The Bavarian Lodge was only $3 more than the Icicle Inn so we booked it for one night. Though the Icicle Inn was fine, we found the Bavarian Lodge to be much nicer and homier. The decorating may be a bit cheesy but this seems to be the case with all area hotels (and everything else for that matter) so you can't really complain.

The bathroom was very nice and there were plenty of towels and even robes. There were no in-room movies available but they did have a small complimentary DVD library downstairs. The breakfast was nice and SO much better than most hotel breakfasts.

The only "con" would have to be the lack of online reservations. I typically make all of my travel plans online. However, this will not stop us from staying at the Bavarian Lodge again.

• Liked — Quality and comfort of the room.
  • Disliked — No online reservations available.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bethk_WA
P.T. WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2008

My wife and I have enjoyed the Bavarian Lodge twice in the last month, this place is excellent! It's in a perfect location, the rates are quite reasonable and getting midweek reservations is no problem. This hotel was built only a few years ago and it still has that new hotel smell! The folks there are super nice and accommodating. The rooms feel like your staying at a friends house. The breakfast is great - l little bit of everything for every taste. I have a season ski pass to Steven's and staying here is a super convenient option for a couple of days skiing and a night close to the pass. I will also HIGHLY recommend the Leavenworth Ski Shuttle for anyone who wants to leave the driving to the pros and just focus on skiing Steven's. It's a $12 round trip from the hotel to the pass and back! Super value and Awesome drivers. We made reservations for another stay the day after returning from our last weekend at Bavarian Lodge. I'd recommend the mountain view rooms, they are away from the road noise of early morning plows and are cheaper also. The pool facilities are clean and the temps were just right in the hot tub as well as the pool. I especially liked having a microwave and fridge in the room - nice for some beer/wine and popcorn. I'd highly recommend this place.

• Liked — Everything!
  • Disliked — Some road noise in the village view rooms if I had to say anything.
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple