“Amazing food, great service”
Review of Cafe Christa - CLOSED

Cafe Christa
Cuisines: American, German, Central European
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Upstairs across from the Maipole featuring German and Northwest specialties with 11 German beers on draft.
Redmond, Washington
“Amazing food, great service”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

This is the best restaurant in town. The service is fantastic; they are so nice and I have known the owner for years now. She's very personable and willing to help! But the food is the BEST. Not only is this the most authentic bavarian or german food in town, it has the most AMAZING desserts. You have not lived until you've tried the kahlua chocolate mousse or the caramel apple pie!!! I love this place and will continue to go here every time we're in Leavenworth.

• Visited September 2012

Camano Island, Washington
“Busy during Oktoberfest, might try again later!”
Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

My wife and i stopped in for lunch while wandering through town and we slid in between two big rushes, so our wait was minimal compared to others. We had the sausage sampler, Reuben sandwich and braised beef, not sure what the german name was. Food was good but there was absolutely no emphasis on plating. Servers were flying around with their hair on fire, so i can't discount the staff much, but they really could have staffed better for their busiest weekend of the year. We never got refills on our drinks and again the food was good but was slopped on a plate and served.

Yakima, Washington
“One of our favorite places in Leavenworth”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I have eaten at Cafe Christa many times and it is always good. I was just there for Octoberfest weekend and had lunch there twice. We sat outside which was nice. The Jager Schnitzel was very good as was the bratwurst sandwhich. My wife always has pasta and vegetables.

The service is usually very good and even when busy wait times tend to be short. The price is reasonable for lunch but portions are small for dinner so not as good a value as is lunch.

Excellent place for German beers as there are 12 on tap in all varieties from Pilsner to double bock.

• Visited October 2012
Seattle, Washington
“LOVE LOVE LOVE!!”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We decided to have lunch here. Best decision we made the entire trip. We couldn't decide what to eat so we ordered the Jager Schnitzel (pork cutlet in mushroom cream sauce) and the Sauerbraten (marinated beef slices served in a tangy sauce) and asked for two extra plates so that each of us could try both. We both wish we had both ordered the Jager Schnitzel. It was SOOOO good. The Sauerbraten was decent but paled compared to the Jager Schnitzel. The spatzle that came with the Sauerbraten was very good.

We also ordered the 12 German beers on tap sampler. Well worth the money! They came in juice glasses of about 4-5 oz each. So I feel we really go our monies worth, ounce for ounce. We split the sampler and I got to introduce my boyfriend to what Pilsner and Hefeweizen should really taste like. He loved all of it.

The view was great, as we got to sit by the open window. The waitress was very friendly and accommodating.
I want to go back and have more Jager Schnitzel on our next trip

Visited September 2012
Vancouver, Washington
“Not Impressed”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

My husband and I dined 9/30/12. Chicken salad was $13 and was a pile of lettuce with a small small piece of chicken, and less than 1/2 tomato diced, sprinkle of parmesan, maybe one sliced mushroom and a tad of onion. $10 braut sampler was 1/2 each of 3 brauts with two small tastes of mustard and a small piece of pumpernickle. Server was uninterested and short. Sat by kitchen and it was noisy as all get out. Never again.

• Visited September 2012