“Okay food with good friendly service”
Review of Cafe Christa - CLOSED

Cafe Christa
Cuisines: American, German, Central European
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Upstairs across from the Maipole featuring German and Northwest specialties with 11 German beers on draft.
Seattle, Washington, United States
“Okay food with good friendly service”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

The restaurant itself was very well decorated and the staff were friendly and the service was efficient. The Bavarian cuisine here was only okay, having eaten at another restaurant with a similar menu the night before, I felt like the meal could have been more thoughtfully presented, and lacked panache.

Visited September 2012

Bigfork, Montana
“Great German food”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Cafe Christa not only has the best location in town, overlooking the park & front street but the food is authenic and home made from German recipes. German beer is served if you like. This cosy small cafe has a larger banquet room in the back that can be reserved for large groups. It may not be the least expensive place in town, but after just being in Germany for 2 weeks, the prices are very reasonable. My favorite is the schnitzle and I love the pea salad! My husbands favorite is the goulash or else the sauerbraten. The apple strudel is made there and is the original made with bread dough like in Munich, Germany! I also really appreciate seeing the help in traditional German dress.

• Visited June 2012
Washington State
“Disappointing this time”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

My husband and I have had dinner here several times, but this last time was so disappointing. The service varies from average to good, but this time the food did too. Worse there was hardly any of it!
My husband ordered the dinner portion of the jaegerschnitzel, with cabbage and spatzle. He's not a big eater, and he was still hungry when he finished. I ordered the lunch portion of the sausage platter (with kraut and spatzle) and I was also hungry when I finished. We're not talking "not full", we're talking HUNGRY. We each had dessert and we still weren't full.
Given that it's a relatively expensive place for what you get (his dinner was $20, mine was $14, and desserts were each around $5), I doubt we'll be back. It's hard to find good German food, but we'll keep looking now.

• Visited July 2012
Spokane, Washington
“Yum!”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Good food, a little over-priced, but their spatzle is to die for. This place seemed to have the best selection of German beer too.

Visited August 2012
Kenosha, Wisconsin
“Neat location, sub par food”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

The food is sub par. Have tried it 2x and just not impressed. Staff are very nice. View out front is better than the side. We won't be coming back, sorry, we have other favorites.

Visited August 2012