“Off the Beaten Track, but What a Find!”
Review of The Alley Cafe

The Alley Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
The Alley Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 89 Restaurants in Leavenworth
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Las Vegas
“Off the Beaten Track, but What a Find!”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

I had never been to Leavenworth, WA before, so all I knew was that it was a Bavarian-themed town. And, I knew nothing about the restaurant situation. Truth be told, I am not a fan of German food, so I was more than pleasantly surprised to find this little gem of a restaurant. It is very small, with no more than 15 tables in what looks like a large living room setting. And yes, it is in the alley just off 8th Street! I started with the lobster bisque and it was delicious! My mother had the ribs and she told me that they were great. I had a halibut dish in a light cream sauce that was divine! I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Leavenworth - and if I revisit the area, it will be on my "not to be missed" list!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank risanied

Spokane, Washington
“Venture off the main street...”
Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

...to get to this restaurant. I'm really picky about Italian food but was not disappointed. I didn't think I was hungry until we sat down and all of the wonderful aromas hit me. This place will be on my list to revisit when I go back to Leavenworth.

Seattle
“The best Italian food and service in Leavenworth!”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

This is a gem of a restaurant in Leavenworth that seems to be overlooked in the local ratings. Perhaps because it's not on Front Street. We walked in and were immediately greeted and offered our choice of the two available tables. There was a jazz trio playing who were really quite good. I asked about the Lasagna and the waiter gave me a complete rundown of ingredients and how it was cooked. It was the best restaurant Lasagna I have ever had! The wine selections available are all priced very reasonable. We had dinner and a bottle of wine, tipped the waiter and the jazz band and spent less than we expected. Bottom line - if you visit any restaurant in Leavenworth, it should be The Alley Café.

• Visited August 2014
Walnut Creek, CA
“It really is on an alley”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

The food was good and very artfully arranged. The service was attentive but not intrusive. The only drawback was that we were seated right by the door that leads from the bar area to the dining room, which is small, so my husband had to keep leaning forward to avoid being bumped. It was the only table available so moving was not an option.

Visited June 2014
Tampa, Florida
“Nice Italian location”
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

Everything went well here for dinner. Spaghetti. Cannelloni was prepared well. No issues. Service very good. Would return.

• Visited June 2014