“We had a great Dinner”

J. J. Hills Fresh Grill
Ranked #25 of 94 Restaurants in Leavenworth
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Grill
Dining options: Reservations
Description: JJ Hills Fresh Grill offers a wonderful fresh grill inspired menu. Join us for great dining in a relaxed atmosphere, and select Appetizers, Steaks, Starters and Entree Salads, Dinner Entrees, Burgers and Sandwiches and full cocktail service and a children's menu. You'll also find many gluten free and vegetarian items on the menu.
Reviewed December 9, 2011

My Husband and Son Ordered Filet Mignon and they were cooked perfect. The vegis were fresh and delicious. I had a Chicken dish which was also great.

2  Thank Niki M

Reviewed December 6, 2011

My family and I have been meaning to come to Leavenworth for years and finally made it. We were here for 3 nights and the first two ate at a couple of the "Bavarian" themed restaurants in town but our last night decided to "stay in" and eat at JJ Hills here at the Icicle Inn.
Let me preface this review by disclosing that I have been in the Food service broad line distribution side of the restaurant business for going on 20 years so I know good food (and bad) when I get it. ( By the way judging by the sugar packets, my current employer does not service this account).. so.. My wife, Two daughters and I walked down the hallway to dinner.. they let my youngest daughter pick out the table ( She really enjoyed that!).. they weren't busy but I had read some good reviews so I wasn't to worried.. we sat and were immediately waited on for our drink orders.. The menu was varied and after making tough decisions we ordered ( We all had at least a couple of things we wanted to try) My 5 year old ordered the "grilled cheese"
My wife the tilapia, older daughter the grilled shrimp Ranchero and I the London Broil. We all got the grilled vegetables as the side and they were perfectly prepared.
The 5 yr old is a grilled cheese connoisseur and informed us that it was the best grilled cheese she has had, My older daughter said her shrimp was awesome and my wife loved the Tilapia.. My London Broil was the tenderest, tastiest London Broil I have had in a restaurant.( Remember my profession..).. . I would pay big money for the secret to know how to prepare it like that.. The chef here has a good thing going on.. this place is a hidden gem.. normally I don't even review the "hotel" restaurants as they don't usually deserve it but JJ Hills was a very pleasant surprise..The service by our waitperson was top notch as well, very attentive.
On a side note.. I have read a few reviews about diners not liking the train or the lack of ambiance, we loved the train and if you are dining with stuck up stuffy people you may have been the ambiance killers.. I was with my fun family and we had a great time.
We would definitely eat here again ( In fact we look forward to it) next time we won't wait for our last night.

2  Thank Jasdman1
Reviewed September 22, 2011

What a fabulous restaurant. I had the London Broil and the the meat was cooked to perfection and the presentation was stunning. What a fabulous meal

Reviewed September 18, 2011

The menu selection was excellent and it was hard to decide what to order. One night I chose the salmon, it was delicious and prepared perfectly. My chicken sandwich was so, so good that I had for lunch. Don't let the casual atmosphere of the restaurant fool you, I was amazed that a resort would produce such wonderful culinary food.

1  Thank Barbara95242
kdunruh, Director of Sales at J. J. Hills Fresh Grill, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2011

Thank you very much for your kind words. It has been a fun season since we re-opened as J J Hills Fresh Grill this spring with many changes and we appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed August 8, 2011

We have gone to JJ Hills a few times in the past and the food was OK but we really enjoyed JJ Hills Fresh Grill and their new menu items. The Herb London Broil and French Pepper Steak were very good. The only complaint is the menu prices and the bill prices were not the same. The waitress adjusted the bill after we noticed the difference.

They do have a nice new outdoor seating area.

1  Thank dnbleavenworth

Two of our favorite entree's! Thank you for your comments and we're so glad you brought the pricing issue to our attention. The menu has changed a few times since we re-opened as J J Hills Fresh Grill this spring as customers gave us their feedback and the price was incorrectly programed.