“I'm not sure why people don't like it”
Review of Baren Haus

Baren Haus
Ranked #50 of 93 Restaurants in Leavenworth
Cuisines: German
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The oldest family-owned restaurant in Leavenworth! Our recipes are original and the preparations are made right here. We make our own sauces, brines, and dough and our breads are fresh-baked everyday. When you dine with us, you enjoy the kind of food that only a professional can take the time to prepare. We serve authentic German cuisine, pizzas, pasta, sandwiches, and more. Enjoy!
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

My daughter had pizza and it was great! Hot and cheesy just like it should be! My wife had the Napoleon Schnitzel and it smelled so good! I had to eat a burger because of my diet and it was great! I would come back after my diet for the Brats!

Reviewed June 12, 2014

Nice, quiet Sunday morning breakfast. Menu was not overwhelming, which is really nice for a breakfast. There was only one waitress, but there were only about three sets of customers. She was attentive, and the food came out in a timely fashion. And tasty. No issues at all. No problem trying this place again.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

We just ate there and I had to get back to my hotel to get this review off in hopes I can save others from the same mistake I made. First, I wish I had read some of the reviews prior to trying this place. The service was OK/fair - the rest was downhill. The schnitzel did not taste like any I had ever eaten in Germany or other good German restaurants - it's downfall was the seasoning - no idea what it was but nearly unpalawtable - had I not been so hungry, I would have walked out. The kraut was worse - way too strong; flavorless steamed (?) carrots and broccoli; pickled (?) red cabbage and decent fried potatoes. All in all, not a pleasant experience.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

While in Leavenworth checking out the famous Kris Kringle Christmas store we walked by this place. The menu outside looked like they had a pretty good variety of food so we went in. The waitress never seated us and there were only 2 other ppl in there so we grabbed the menus and sat ourselves after standing up front for about 10 mins. (Which she was annoyed about)
we ordered a pizza, burnt on the bottom, but still raw under the mountain of cheese that never pulls apart when you're biting it.
My mom ordered their German potatoes, cabbage, and pork chops w gravy. Potatoes were half cold, cabbage was fine, pork chop was really 2 thick slices of pork lunch meat, dipped in flour, smooched together, and drowned in gravy. Now my mom isnt one to EVER waste food. In her mind its a sin, but she couldn't bring herself to eat this food.

So in the end we paid $45 for a stomache ache. We'll never eat there again.

Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

Unless you want to spend your afternoon sitting in a restaurant, hungry and annoyed that service takes forever. Although wait staff was courteous and friendly, they could have been upfront about the service times. Definitely NOT for those who want to see the town in a day.

Been to Baren Haus? Share your experiences!