“Decent Dinner”

Ranked #47 of 93 Restaurants in Leavenworth
Cuisines: German
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The oldest family-owned restaurant in Leavenworth! Our recipes are original and the preparations are made right here. We make our own sauces, brines, and dough and our breads are fresh-baked everyday. When you dine with us, you enjoy the kind of food that only a professional can take the time to prepare. We serve authentic German cuisine, pizzas, pasta, sandwiches, and more. Enjoy!
Reviewed December 31, 2013

My two companions and I came on a last minute decision for "German" food. One friend wanted cabbage rolls and they did deliver here, though I'm not sure if they started out frozen. The accompaniments were most definitely German, and tasted right. The Saurbrauten was much better than I anticipated... fork tender with a rich, smooth, dark sauce and the potatoes were roasted perfectly. The bread was very soft and fresh. The little green dinner salad was fresh and sufficient. Another friend had the Myzithra/tomatoe sauce pasta and it was cooked al dente with a very generous portion. Our server was helpful and attentive without being overbearing. We did need to get someone's attention a few times to ask for refills and things we needed, but overall, dinner was better than just okay. With all there is to choose from in Leavenworth, though, I'm not sure I would return anytime soon.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Accommodating and friendly service however food was not very tasty. I tried the cabbage rolls (frozen and rewarmed)...I don't plan to return.

Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

I've eaten here several times over the past decade and it's really going downhill. After this last trip I doubt I'll go back. There is no reason to pay for bland overpriced food with so many other good options in town. I had the schnitzel which was horrible. My dad had the rulade which was only slightly better. My son got pizza-the only somewhat redeeming meal.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

We went to Baren Haus because they actually advertised Cordon Bleu, however they were out of the dish?? So we ended up trying a variety of fare... schnitizel, pizza and cabbage rolls. I can say that their sauerkraut was some of the best. I'm not a fan of it normally but theirs was good. The spatzel was ok but their brown gravy was a huge hit with our family. The price for their cabbage rolls was expensive, you get two rolls and it's an 18 dollar plate. It was good although the tomato sauce on top was a bit too sweet in my opinion.

Would we go back? Yes, however, we do love German food and this is some of the best we have found in WA so far. As for the cost, it is a tourist town so the cost is expected. We just ordered water since their drinks started at 3.00 per glass. For the wait, I expected our food to be hotter since one would assume it was being freshly prepared, it was a step up from warm. As for service, I'm not sure if the server was new or just tired after the busy weekend. He seemed scatter brained when dealing with our table.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Ate dinner here on the 15th. of Dec. It was a big mistake. We ordered 3 Rib eye steaks medium that were so burnt on the out side you could hardly cut them.. The salad was wilted and the baked potato was cold to the touch. The floors were filthy as well as the tables. The restrooms were a joke. The dirtiest I have seen in years. Way over priced. This would be the last place I would ever eat again. We complained about the food and took 2.00 of for each steak that we could not eat. They were priced at $25.00 each and would have been better off eating ate the gas station. Do your self a favor and go somewhere else to eat.

1  Thank Harvey C