“SURPRISINGLY GOOD”

Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between 8th & 9th Street
Description: ABOUT US: "The European Steakhouse with an American Heart." Mozart's Restaurant embodies the qualities of Amadeus himself; innovative, creative, and timeless. Located in downtown Leavenworth, WA; Mozart's has been a family run restaurant serving fine European cuisine and wines for over 20 years. With a recent change in ownership in 2016, Mozart's remains in the family with We are excited to be offering a new menu, craft cocktails, and a growing whiskey library with over 30+ whiskeys. MENU: Our seasonally changing menu consists of some of the best European cuisine in Leavenworth, WA. We have some great new additions for the winter: Firsts: Goat Scored and FIlled Artisan Demi-Baguette with Parmesan & Garlic Butter, Clam Chowder, Goat Cheese Potato Cakes, Crabcakes, and Fondue Lighter Provisions: Harvest Salad, Bourbon Burger, and Stacked Reuben, Blackened Wild Alaskan Sockeye Salmon Mains: Wild Boar Stout Stew, Pesto Penne, Certified Angus Top Sirloin, Filet Mignon and much more!
Reviewed August 19, 2014

As a resident of Leavenworth we had never visited cafe Mozart, as German food is not high on our list. All the same we did have dinner with some out of town friends, a party of seven. The trout, mixed grill, fondue, chicken schnitzel, pasta were surprisingly flavorful and liked by all. The service could have been a bit more attentive but not an issue.

1  Thank Rajan P

Reviewed August 17, 2014

I want to say first of all, that Mozart was recommended to us because we wanted authentic German food. Admittedly, we dined late, about 8 pm, but the schnitzels we were served were obviously old and the sort of hard pork schnitzel you would expect from a food cart. I'm Austrian, and I know how to bread and fry a schnitzel! The meat was accompanied by red cabbage, way too sweet and spätzle obviously prepared from a bagged mix. All in all, an overpriced and disappointing meal. The service was good and the Mozart music enjoyable.

1  Thank Gerhard115
RMOZART, Manager at Mozart's Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2014

First, we don't fry our Schnitzel like you are used to it, second, we make our Schwabian Spaetzle from scratch for 18 years now, and third we are not an Austrian Restaurant !

Reviewed August 13, 2014

We have visited Leavenworth many times and every time we try a different restaurant. So far we haven't found a good German restaurant, but we've only tried 5 so far and a few of those were not just German fare. I thought the pork snitzel tasted a dry and was hard to cut, coulda been easier to cut with a knife, but we were only provided with butter knifes, which reminds me the rolls are really good! The wild mushroom gravy, yeager schnitzel,was excellent. I did try the veal nor the chicken schnitzel, but assume they must be just as tuff, idk. I had the the spaetzle as my side, it was gummy. My mom had the salad sampler which had a little bit of the carrot, cucumber, german potato, and green salad. All were good, especially the cucumber,except the German potato salad...it was a bit mushy. Two of my boys had the crab cakes appetizer, they loved them, I thought they were 3.5 out of 5. They did have a lot of crab meat though. My other son had the kobe burger with the shoestring fries which he really liked as well. We all had desert. Two sundays which were a good helping of ice cream. My mom and one of my son's had the apple streusel which they were pleased with. I had the gelato because the flavors sounded amazing, but when it arrived I could tell it wasn't gelato. It still tasted good. With all five of us eating and desserts the bill w/o tip was only 118.00$ Also, add 2$ more to each item on the menu. The one with this link is a little off, but not by to much! Enjoy!

Reviewed August 10, 2014

My friends and I arrived in Leavenworth today and went to Cafe Mozart for dinner. We had 6 adults and 1 child in our party. This was my first time eating German food, so I was a little nervous. However, our server (Anitra) provided us with service that was top-notch. The restaurant menu states that it will only allow 2 separate checks for parties of 6, but Anitra allowed us to have 4 separate checks, as this made it easier for us.

The food was great, but what stood out for me was Anitra's service. She was gracious, helpful and extremely patient with our party. We were the last to leave and she never made us feel that we were overstaying our welcome. Service is important to me, and we gladly tipped her very well because she made it so enjoyable for us.

Stop by this gem of a restaurant if you're in Leavenworth - you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed August 2, 2014

We travelled from Kelowna to Leavonworth for a quick weekend away and the hotel where we stayed suggested the Cafe Mozart and so we decided to give it a chance,we entered the cafe and heard the live piano music..the music man stopped to make small talk with us, the discreetly returned to tinkling the ivories..We found the service to be excellent, we shared the salad with vinaigrette dressing along with a flight of wine. The service was excellent at our table by the window where we could watch the comings and goings of folks down on the street level. We each had a schnitzel and carrots and spaetzle, which was cooked to perfection and the portions were very large, our water glasses were always full and the server was discreet when approaching our table..We found this establishment to be very clean and the staff presented themselves well…IN a nutshell we would definitely highly recommend the Cafe Mozart.