“Too much hype!”

Ranked #10 of 100 Restaurants in Leavenworth
Cuisines: German
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: This family-owned business has been bringing Bavaria to Leavenworth for over 25 years. The chef, Anita Hamilton, has been personally overseeing the kitchen since 1991 and is a native of Germany. The made-from-scratch desserts, soups and entrees are reminiscent of traditional Gasthaus fare. The owner, Heidi Forchemer, travels to Germany yearly for new menu ideas. Her son, Max, can be heard playing his button accordion most weekends, along with other local musicians, such as Tom Tilton of the Alpenfolk band. It simply doesn't get more authentic than this!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Went there specially for their schnitzel was below average - a true disappointment. The place is not cheap either. Service was reasonable. A lot of belly filler food! Having said that the Goulash was good - but is that not more Hungarian than German?

Write a ReviewReviews (1,378)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My family and I really enjoyed the food and atmosphere at Andreas. Loved the accordion player! Loved the German beer in the steins!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The food in Andres Keller is always very good. However this time I found my meal not very hot. Other than that awesome as always

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We went here several years ago and the food was absolutely top notch. I knew what to expect since I used to live in Germany while serving in the Army. I'm also a chef. Now fast forward to this past weekend when we took our mother there (she is from East Germany) and we had raved about how good this place was to her. Oh...My...Gosh! How far they have fallen!!! The wiener schnitzel was cold and the german potato salad was embarrassing! The potatoes were sooooo soggy and limp without any real discernible cohesion. It was like they had been frozen and then thawed and slapped on the plate. Looked high and low through the mish-mash and could not find a sliver of bacon. And that cost $20.99! When we left, we were so ashamed that we had bragged to our mother how good this place was. My mother said that my schnitzel and german potato salad is by far the best she's had since leaving Germany. Won't go back there and drop a pile of money ever again. Very willing to pay good money for good food....but this place doesn't have it anymore. Please don't waste your time and money here!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We have traveled extensively in Germany and found this restaurant, the food, the beer and the accordion player to be the real deal. I would highly recommend eating here.