“Wonderful German Food”

Ranked #4 of 90 Restaurants in Leavenworth
Cuisines: German
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: This family-owned business has been bringing Bavaria to Leavenworth for over 25 years. The chef, Anita Hamilton, has been personally overseeing the kitchen since 1991 and is a native of Germany. The made-from-scratch desserts, soups and entrees are reminiscent of traditional Gasthaus fare. The owner, Heidi Forchemer, travels to Germany yearly for new menu ideas. Her son, Max, can be heard playing his button accordion most weekends, along with other local musicians, such as Tom Tilton of the Alpenfolk band. It simply doesn't get more authentic than this!
Odessa,FL
“Wonderful German Food”
Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I took a day trip from our condo in Lake Chelan to the Bavarian style village of Leavenworth, Washington. What a lovely jewel in the Cascades.

We had lunch at Andreas Keller restaurant and it was delicious. My wife has sauerkraut soup which was to die for along with a salad. She described the soup as a variation of French Onion without the gruyere and with sauerkraut rather than onions. One of the best soups we have ever tasted. I had a bratwurst on a kaiser roll with sauerkraut and melted cheese with German potato salad. It tasted like we were back in Bavaria again.

Very highly recommended.

1 Thank Bob P

Vancouver, BC
“Authentic German cuisine, quaint atmosphere; good for couples and families”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

We went into both King Ludwig's and Andreas Keller when deciding which authentic-German restaurant to visit in our one night in Leavenworth. Andreas Keller was the hands-down winner. In addition to having a warmer, more inviting décor offering private booths, they had a musician playing the accordion whereas King Ludwig's informed us that their band doesn't perform in April, they only start in May.

We found the wine-barrel booths cozy and private, with the open areas of the restaurant more appropriate for larger and family groups. The food was traditional German fare, and the smoked "Kassler" pork chop was absolutely delicious. Two of us shared the Andreas Keller Sampler, leaving us room for dessert which was very good.

We'll be sure to visit this restaurant again the next time we're in Leavenworth.

• Visited April 2014
Seattle, Washington
“Delicious!”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Having been to Germany many times before, I can honestly say that Andreas Keller was just as delicious as many other authentic German meals I've had. Having already eaten that day me and my girlfriend split the Schnitzel Cordon Bleu which was incredible! The side of spatzle it came with was so good that we had to order another. Paired with a delicious beer this was one of the best meals we had in Leavenworth. While at first I thought the atmosphere was a little bit over the top at trying to be German, I decided to enjoy it for what it was and had a great time. The staff was friendly and it was well worth the price. I'll be coming here again to try some more of their dishes on my next return to Leavenworth!

• Visited May 2014
Omak, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice Atmosphere, pleasant service”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Enjoyed our meal here, but nothing exceptional about it. Stairs down and up were a bit of a challenge for my 81 year old mother, but she made it okay.

Visited April 2014
Port Orchard, Washington
“Good German Feel”
Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

This place is downstairs on front street. German music playing and plenty of decor to go along with it. My wife had the goulash and cheese spetz. The flavor was great the meat a little tough. I had fried potatoes, wieswinner and cheese spetz. Very good. The staff was very nice and food came out quick.