“Excellent food, horrible customer service”
Review of Renaissance Cafe

Renaissance Cafe
Ranked #61 of 94 Restaurants in Leavenworth
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We provide delicious food using natural, local, organic ingredients whenever possible. Homemade soups, desserts and more. Early open at 7 am everyday and dinner is served Friday and Saturday. We have some gluten free & vegetarian options. We have a Banquet room for meetings and parties, catering is available too!
Reviewed June 14, 2009

I was so excited to eat at the Renaissance Cafe after looking at their online menu. It was very vegetarian & child friendly. The first day we were in Leavenworth we got takeout before the dinner crowd. My son was being cranky, but we were the only people in the cafe. The owner's husband very rudely suggested we stand out in the hallway to wait for our order. The food was so good we went back two days later to dine in for lunch. The owner forgot my ice tea, I had no green peppers on my food (I asked especially for them), & apparently when you leave you get no "thank you's" or "have a good day". All of the other tables seemed to be having similar problems with their orders & were sending tons of plates back. However, we got the Bohemian Wrap, God Food, Grilled Chz, & The Starving Artist and all of them were so good. My 15mnth old loved the God Food. Don't go there if you're expecting customer service, but do go there if you want so quality vegetarian food.

1  Thank phishncarrie

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed October 19, 2008

Good place to get breakfast in Leavenworth. Nice range of vegetarian options too.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed September 1, 2008

If you're feeling a little overwhelmed by the relentless Bavarian Alps theme of Leavenworth, drop down to the basement Renaissance Cafe. They have the mandatory schnitzels, etc., but also a very interesting menu that goes well beyond that to asian and vegetarian influences. Food was very good; portions big - my wife and I could have been satisfied with sharing our meal - instead we had lunch on the road the next day from the leftovers. "God food" noodles lived up to their hype; soups and breads were excellent. When we were too stuffed to deal with desert, the proprietor brought over a thin slice of chocolate cake just to give us a taste - if there had been any space left at all, we would have gone for it. And the strudels looked even better. Excellent value.

Reviewed January 21, 2008

The selection and food are both good. Eggs, sausage, and pancakes were all done well. The service, however, was very slow. Long wait for more coffee. It seems the wait staff pays more attention to the locals (family/friends?) at the counter by the kitchen than they do customers. This is my only gripe about the restaurant. This was the second time we have eaten there and I would have to say we experienced the same the first time around. That being said, it actually was one of the better restaurants we ate in this past weekend.

1  Thank Lorelei69
Reviewed December 23, 2007

The food was just okay. It was fairly priced. I would come back here (for breakfast NOT for lunch). Don't order anything fancy because they get confused easily. If you order anything with a sauce, you will regret it. Thank god that there is some vegetarian options in this town. There were only two or three tables of customers and there were five or six employees. The food was served up lukewarm. I ordered a side of veg sausage and they were served up cold. The rest of my meal cooled while I waited for the waitress. The owner was at the counter chatting with her pals the whole time and had no interest in what was happening in her own restaurant. Come in for breakfast and bail. You will save money on the tip. Service sucked. Merry Christmas.

2  Thank GeoffCain