“Nice Ambiance”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Was here about 15-20 years ago, and decided to stop again because we remembered the fruit and Brie appetizer. Had the Brie, a bottle of Pinot Grie, and a nice dinner. Nice and quite night, so the waitress was attentive. Way to much to eat. We should have shared a plate. Good food, but not spectacular. Great for us at the time. Will come back.

Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

We stopped in for breakfast because they had such a variety of options on the menu. Our server was Brian and he was friendly and extremely attentive. I tried the salmon scramble with sundried tomato toast. Loved the toast, decided salmon and eggs weren't for me. Hubby liked the breakfast wrap and the kids liked their pancakes, eggs and bacon. Decided to return later for lunch. The beef dip was good and the foccacia bread the best I've had. The apple strudel is excellent - lots of cinnamon and apples. The veggie/barley soup was grey and flavorless and the "god food" and pasta sides just ok. Service depended on the server and ranged from attentive to below average. We will definitely be back for our favorite items and the cozy atmosphere.

1  Thank Kuchibeni
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We stopped in to the Renaissance Cafe just to have a quick salad. One of the items on the menu is chicken Caesar salad with "God Food." God Food is an amazing garlic flavored pasta that matches well with the Caesar salad. We also had the artichoke dip appetizer which was nice and creamy, better than I thought it would be.
Overall it was a nice place for a quick stop of food.
Also my fiancé is a hydrophobe and even she mentioned that the water there was good.

1  Thank Daniel R
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Terribly bland, pre packaged Sysco or F.S.A. food. Not good, not impressed. My steak was terrible. Sides were atrocious. Very, very disappointing. No wonder I haven't eaten here in the 20 years I've lived here.

1  Thank toohot1
Reviewed October 20, 2013

After looking all over town at the menus, we stumbled upon the Renaissance Cafe, certainly known by the locals. We were looking for a lighter fare than most restaurants offered (not sausage). We had a delicious bowl of homemade squash soup and salad. One in our party had a sliced beef sandwich. All the ingredients were as fresh as possible and made with local products. The squash was even grown by our waitress (owner?) and she shared the secret of the
flavor of the soup. I will come back as often as I can make it to Leavenworth. A treasure and a real find.